Midnight Mass Mafia Game Thread — Game ended.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
Is it? New game, new style of posting. Seems pretty normal to me.
Considering that meta reading is a big part of play here, and establishing patterns of posting is a big part of that, I'd say that changing up your posting style between games is the weirdest fucking thing ever

Pendex

Reaction score
Well, if that's what you meant, why didn't you say it?
I did?
Vote: Poyser

Vague allusions to evidence and then dipping.
Vague allusions to evidence is a less-verbose way of saying exactly what you are claiming I didn't say. In the original vote post, it was given as a reason for the vote, with the dipping also being included. This has later been strawmanned into being only about the dipping, but I think I've highlighted that by now.

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
I did?

Vague allusions to evidence is a less-verbose way of saying exactly what you are claiming I didn't say. In the original vote post, it was given as a reason for the vote, with the dipping also being included. This has later been strawmanned into being only about the dipping, but I think I've highlighted that by now.
Given that pretty much every other post you've made is overly verbose, I find it odd that you didn't make clear exactly what you meant

Pendex

Reaction score
Considering that meta reading is a big part of play here, and establishing patterns of posting is a big part of that, I'd say that changing up your posting style between games is the weirdest fucking thing ever
*shrug*
If you think you can meta read a player off of a gimmick used one game and then not the next, well be my guest lol. When you turn out to be wrong, maybe you should start to rethink the focus on meta on players you have little to no familiarity on. Like, what even is this? If I gimmick post in one game, I must gimmick post in every game until I stop playing? Or should I start to gimmick post in a game, and then abruptly cease? What would be less weird than "the weirdest fucking thing ever"?

Pendex

Reaction score
Given that pretty much every other post you've made is overly verbose, I find it odd that you didn't make clear exactly what you meant
It was a vote post that contained enough information to convey what I wanted it to. I certainly didn't anticipate it would receive the reaction it did, but I'm fairly glad it did too, and herein we have the game rolling. I even have a scum read or two to show for it. :^)

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
It's certainly not compareable to Mafia play with prior knowledge and teammates
That raises the question of whether Pendex's play around others gives an impression either way of having or not having teammates. But that's a distraction for now.

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
*shrug*
If you think you can meta read a player off of a gimmick used one game and then not the next, well be my guest lol. When you turn out to be wrong, maybe you should start to rethink the focus on meta on players you have little to no familiarity on. Like, what even is this? If I gimmick post in one game, I must gimmick post in every game until I stop playing? Or should I start to gimmick post in a game, and then abruptly cease? What would be less weird than "the weirdest fucking thing ever"?
Not being ostensibly still in the gimmick in the signup thread would be a good start

Pendex

Reaction score
Not being ostensibly still in the gimmick in the signup thread would be a good start
But I wasn't actually in the gimmick within the signup thread. Like I've explained before now, the original gimmick and what was being used in the signup thread were not exactly the same. The signup thread took less effort, for one.

Nostradamus

White Rabbit
Reaction score
Website
www.ratswithwings.com
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
n4HSWck
Favorite Wrestler
kofi
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
edge
That's nice for you. Any purpose to this, or...?
Shitpost , like last game when I said talking about someone's wagon was making think they had a dumptruck of an ass *shrugs*

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
But I wasn't actually in the gimmick within the signup thread. Like I've explained before now, the original gimmick and what was being used in the signup thread were not exactly the same. The signup thread took less effort, for one.
You were in the gimmick. Why else would I have asked you to stop gimmick posting? If it were a different gimmick, I would have reacted differently.

Pendex

Reaction score
Name one that isn't OMGUS
Heh, pretty ironic that this standard is being forced onto me despite having my vote on Poyser first.

Poyser - In his discussions with me, he has proceeded to employ fallacies (one of the metrics I use in scum hunting) several times, some of which I've labelled, and in other cases has responsed to them vitriolically without actually responding to them. My strongest conclusion from this is he's scum and he's upset that he is being pressured for what he considers to be weak reasoning.

Jonny - Jonny jumped on to my wagon by using the language as a point against me, somehow - apparently I wasn't keeping up with the gimmick enough for him despite entirely dropping the gimmick. This initially felt like he was looking to avoid parroting or plainly sheeping while doing exactly that. When called out on his vote, he immediately retracted it, and then has merely offered sideline commentary around it while the thread seems to be heading back to more votes upon me. Seems very preoccupied with how he will be perceived with what he posts, and is playing to the vocal voices that have the most backing.