Midnight Mass Mafia Game Thread — Game ended.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
You can word salad as much as you want pandex, the actual content isn’t good and I think everybody other than TFW sees it for what it is at this point lol. You’re trying to present yourself as smarter than the room and using words like logical and concepts like strew man and trying to make people feel silly for suspecting you. Problem is 1) we’ve seen it all before and 2) what you’re saying isn’t actually any good

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
You’re trying to present yourself as smarter than the room and using words like logical and concepts like strew man and trying to make people feel silly for suspecting you.
This is a huge thing I don't like. Makes me think Guillo

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score
I want to be sure, not make a mistake and not vote on a townie like I did last time.

This is going to happen regardless if you were town. Nobody is going to be right on 100% everything.

I think my problem here is you were quick to vote Pendex but now you're saying you want to be sure first. I feel like you'd be hesistant coming in to the game and not vote as quick if that was the case. Can you explain that for me?

Feels like you're saying one thing, but you came in to the thread doing another

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
This is going to happen regardless if you were town. Nobody is going to be right on 100% everything.

I think my problem here is you were quick to vote Pendex but now you're saying you want to be sure first. I feel like you'd be hesistant coming in to the game and not vote as quick if that was the case. Can you explain that for me?

To be fair, he did pretty much do the exact same last game lol, he’s not wrong

the problem is he obviously had that at the forefront of his mind, hence him bringing it up so fast. So he could have just copied the action on purpose lol

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Nostradamus

White Rabbit
Reaction score
Website
www.ratswithwings.com
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
n4HSWck
Favorite Wrestler
kofi
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
edge

Read through me and Poyser talking. And yeah I voted Pendex early cuz I just didn't think he was making sense and then I got skittish because of how I played last game, hence me being iffy on keeping the vote on him that early. But every time he replies it makes me regret taking the vote off.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Pendex

Reaction score
The last game where you used it, you were town… I’m saying as scum you decided you were concerned about being lynched. There’s a pretty clear difference between the mindset, and the point I was making was very obvious that this defence is utter trash
You saying "this defence is trash" without actually dismantling said defence doesn't prove this defence is trash. In fact, it would suggest the opposite. I'm saying that the argument I'd suddenly be concerned with being lynched when I wasn't lynched in the previous game as a result of the gimmick, and said gimmick would allow me to be pretty difficult to read, doesn't hold water, and as assumptions go is about as low-level a tell read as you could possibly make. I mean, if I'm lynched and flip town, what then? Will you just say "a-ah, but, they should have kept the gimmick!" or will you be capable of the self-awareness that your logical processing here is way off base? Given my limited experience with you so far, I'm going to suggest probably the former, but hey, maybe you're better than you seem.
as for the straw man, I’m not gonna bother. I’m literally replying to your words, so it’s not a straw man lmao. Your post said you were voting me for making that post and dipping the thread. Legit. Your defence is garbage
This isn't really good enough. I establish, within that very post, how it was a strawman. It's all duly quoted, so anyone reading it can see the same. I'm not even sure how you thought this one would go? Do you think people are incapable of reading?

Pendex

Reaction score
The answer to that is because they want to seem more believable and think this is the best way to go about it. But it's having the exact opposite effect. It would make more sense to keep the gimmick up.
....or it's a whim.

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
Strawman Fallacy. I voted you because your behaviour suggested that you wanted to be seen as conducive to conversation, without really being conducive to conversation. I established this by pointing out how you would have been better served in this aim, and that you not doing so (including the "dipping") is where the scum read comes from. It's not "Poyser is scum because he stopped posting for 10 minutes", which is what you're attempting to characterise it as.
Well, if that's what you meant, why didn't you say it?

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score
You can word salad as much as you want pandex, the actual content isn’t good and I think everybody other than TFW sees it for what it is at this point lol.

:tenay

Not saying I'm 100% right on them btw, just not personally feeling it myself so can't with good faith pursue them at the moment.

I'll re-read some of your points and their posts as I do at least feel like you're being sincere here with the push, just wasn't too keen on how others bit at it so quickly

Nostradamus

White Rabbit
Reaction score
Website
www.ratswithwings.com
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
n4HSWck
Favorite Wrestler
kofi
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
edge
I feel like I'm reading a 4Chan post or one of those "300+ confirmed kills" copypasta comments from YouTube.

Pendex

Reaction score
You can word salad as much as you want pandex, the actual content isn’t good and I think everybody other than TFW sees it for what it is at this point lol. You’re trying to present yourself as smarter than the room and using words like logical and concepts like strew man and trying to make people feel silly for suspecting you. Problem is 1) we’ve seen it all before and 2) what you’re saying isn’t actually any good
I feel like your ego is speaking for you, here. I'm not actually trying to appear smarter than the room - following any of the links I sent to Sky you'd see my speaking habits are broadly the same in each game. You've clearly interpreted a tone that has given you that impression, but as far as I'm concerned that's your problem, not mine. Also, you're employing an argumentum ad populum fallacy here. "we all see it for what it is" doesn't actually demonstrate that "we all" are correct.