Midnight Mass Mafia Game Thread — Game ended.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
Right, I was pointing out that there are more examples wherein looking for a use of fallacy would not result in finding scum, to demonstrate that I was aware of the false positives with that approach, which you appeared to believe I wasn't.
Maybe you weren't aware, maybe you were deliberately sweeping them under the rug. Who knows? :draper2

Pendex

Reaction score
What is this, if not explaining Mafia philosophy?
Establishing why I'm pointing out fallacies in his play, so you understand what my methods are. Or some of them, at least.
The argument you say you're making is the opposite of what you're making. You say that "scum commit fallacies", yet by sussing Poyser the point you're actually making is "anyone who commits fallacies is scum", which is wrong.
This would be true, if I said the only reason Poyser was scum is because he used fallacies. I did not. I said part of how I scum hunt is by looking for fallacies, because scum are more inclined to use them than town are, generally speaking. Because scum have to lie, and town do not. You can disagree with that assertion if you like, but that's my approach, which is important, because it pertains to my read. This is not to say that anyone I establish as having employed fallacious arguments must be scum, it's just part of the process that I scum hunt with.

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
This is not to say that anyone I establish as having employed fallacious arguments must be scum, it's just part of the process that I scum hunt with.
Then why has the basis of your Poyser argument been "he said some fallacies"? You'd have to establish that these fallacies were used for an anti-town purpose

Pendex

Reaction score
Then why has the basis of your Poyser argument been "he said some fallacies"? You'd have to establish that these fallacies were used for an anti-town purpose
That has not been my basis. The basis was that Poyser has been responding to my arguments while not actually defending against them. I outlined this in my scum read post, which you replied to, so you are fully aware of it. In this context, I believe the fallacious nature of his argument betray his inability to logically contest them.

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
That has not been my basis. The basis was that Poyser has been responding to my arguments while not actually defending against them. I outlined this in my scum read post, which you replied to, so you are fully aware of it. In this context, I believe the fallacious nature of his argument betray his inability to logically contest them.
What makes you think your arguments have enough basis to be worth defending against, though?

Pendex

Reaction score
What makes you think your arguments have enough basis to be worth defending against, though?
I think my points make sense. Which, of course I would. That's why I made them.

Pendex

Reaction score
And would you consider my responses to your points to be sufficiently "defending against" them?
Well you haven't really had anything to defend against. When I questioned your vote, you brought up activity, which I substantiated as NAI, and then I feel like you claimed to have read a game but I don't think you actually did, I pointed out evidence to contradict the takeaway you came out with and that was the end of that I believe. If anyone was doing the defending here, it was me. To which, I ask you the same question.

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
Well you haven't really had anything to defend against. When I questioned your vote, you brought up activity, which I substantiated as NAI, and then I feel like you claimed to have read a game but I don't think you actually did, I pointed out evidence to contradict the takeaway you came out with and that was the end of that I believe. If anyone was doing the defending here, it was me. To which, I ask you the same question.
My answer to you is that you seem to be going around and around in circles, not getting anywhere, and just making your own defense look worse.

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score
So if I learned anything from this interaction it's that Sky and Pendex probably aren't aligned at least if one flips scum:blaze:

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
unvote Sky

Ya, not as confident I don't think. Personally feel like that some of the reasonsing around Pendex is shoddy. I've re-read their posts and I'm not gleaning anything from them hugely one way or another

Only that the reasonsing they used of someone dipping after 10 minutes feels very forced and not enough time to make such an accusation. Especially with it being Poyser, it holds up even less

Pendex

Reaction score
My answer to you is that you seem to be going around and around in circles, not getting anywhere, and just making your own defense look worse.
My response to this is that I'm not sure there's any defence I could make that would provide a more favourable impression to you. I don't agree with your characterisation at all here.
@Pendex I don't believe you've commented on TFW's defense of you, what do you think of that?
He seems to be the only one interested in reading me without inserting his/her ego into the conversation so he's left a pretty good impression so far. Of course knowing my alignment he could be positioning himself to look better once I flip (because I zero faith anyone here will listen to anything I have to say regarding my defence or my future claim) so I hesitate to give an actual town read, but he's the closest I have to one right now.

I'm pretty concerned that everyone else seemed to just dip from the thread when this happened. I'm also concerned players like Tweet have had no comment here, despite having played with me recently elsewhere (I was Haruhiism) and thus should be in a position to counter the banal meta takes I've seen leveraged against me. And yet nothing.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Right now I got Tweet and Junk as sliight town leans

Junk for her early softing and I did like Tweet's vote on Jonny. Everyone else is null but the Pendex, Jonny, Sky pool intrigues me. Some juicy interactions there already