Midnight Mass Mafia Game Thread — Game ended.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
He seems to be the only one interested in reading me without inserting his/her ego into the conversation so he's left a pretty good impression so far.
Don't bother talking about ego, you've already been told about tossing around pseudo-intellectual stuff without saying much. In fact, it could be said you think you're better than us, rather than the other way around.

(because I zero faith anyone here will listen to anything I have to say regarding my defence or my future claim)
Way too early to be all defeatist.

Pendex

Reaction score
Don't bother talking about ego, you've already been told about tossing around pseudo-intellectual stuff without saying much. In fact, it could be said you think you're better than us, rather than the other way around.
You do realise that's something you guys have come up with by yourself based on my speech-patterns, yes? That says more about you than it does me, frankly. Somehow this will inevitably be spun into a negative where I'm looking down on you all from my high horse, but that's par for the course at this stage.
Way too early to be all defeatist.
If you say so. Like I'm still posting, and I'll claim if I get a couple more votes on me from here I guess, but to say I'm reminded why I intended to be one and done here is an understatement. Maybe if Abigail, Ekko and Maestro start playing here again I'll be more motivated.

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
You do realise that's something you guys have come up with by yourself based on my speech-patterns, yes? That says more about you than it does me, frankly. Somehow this will inevitably be spun into a negative where I'm looking down on you all from my high horse, but that's par for the course at this stage.
If you say so. Like I'm still posting, and I'll claim if I get a couple more votes on me from here I guess, but to say I'm reminded why I intended to be one and done here is an understatement. Maybe if Abigail, Ekko and Maestro start playing here again I'll be more motivated.
Oh wow, it's even worse, it's guilt tripping.

Pendex

Reaction score
He's one of the more influential players in the section. He pushes his reads strongly and doesn't dip threads, it's not his style or how he plays as scum
Well, maybe he's a better player than my impression of him is, then. I just see circlejerk to be perfectly honest with you.

Pendex

Reaction score
Oh wow, it's even worse, it's guilt tripping.
Oh, no. That's not intended in the slightest. You have your way of reading and playing, and I guess mine just doesn't jive here. No one is obliged to accomodate me, so I'm not holding it against anyone. But I think I'm allowed to voice my current feelings on the matter, and I think I'm allowed to follow that up without having nebulous character traits assumed about me too.

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score
I'm pretty concerned that everyone else seemed to just dip from the thread when this happened. I'm also concerned players like Tweet have had no comment here, despite having played with me recently elsewhere (I was Haruhiism) and thus should be in a position to counter the banal meta takes I've seen leveraged against me. And yet nothing.

The problem with this here is that if a ship is sinking people tend to want to get away from it and don't stick their neck out for the person if they are aligned with them

I'm not too big of a fan of this Pendex, it reads like you're scum and you're like "Why is nobody coming to my aid"

Pendex

Reaction score
The problem with this here is that if a ship is sinking people tend to want to get away from it and don't stick their neck out for the person if they are aligned with them

I'm not too big of a fan of this Pendex, it reads like you're scum and you're like "Why is nobody coming to my aid"
I'm not asking for anyone to stick my neck out. Tweet has played in a game with me recently where I have been every bit as verbose as I am here and was Town, which I think is a stronger meta read than comparing whether I'm gimmick posting or not. This isn't to say I think I should be assumed Town, but he *should* be able to support my claims that what is being interpreted or assumed isn't necessarily accurate.

Pendex

Reaction score
I'm not asking for anyone to stick my neck out. Tweet has played in a game with me recently where I have been every bit as verbose as I am here and was Town, which I think is a stronger meta read than comparing whether I'm gimmick posting or not. This isn't to say I think I should be assumed Town, but he *should* be able to support my claims that what is being interpreted or assumed isn't necessarily accurate.
their neck out*

Pendex

Reaction score
And more holistically that point was I'm not a fan of how several players who were around when it started all vanished and let it play out. Felt like they were happy to see the thread go in that direction instead of being here and figure out who is what.

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score

See I find this a bit weird because it's like you're already aware of Tweet being town, I do have a lean on him but it's slight. You don't know if he's 100% sided with you if you were town

Pendex

Reaction score
See I find this a bit weird because it's like you're already aware of Tweet being town, I do have a lean on him but it's slight. You don't know if he's 100% sided with you if you were town
He's not required to be town, he simply would just have to point out. And it has kind of lost meaning now that I've pointed this out, because it should be natural for Town!Tweet to see reasons he knows are off-base and comment that they're off base. This is very easily veritable because it's from a game that happened last month so there'd be no reason for Tweet to lie about it. I only haven't linked the game in question because the admin of that site appears to be banned here, and with my prior experience of this sort of forum drama it's a can of worms I'd sooner not kick open.

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
Agreed - why should Tweet's actions towards Pendex hold any weight unless Tweet was known to be town?

Pendex

Reaction score
Agreed - why should Tweet's actions towards Pendex hold any weight unless Tweet was known to be town?
Again, Tweet's alignment is irrelevant to this point. I'd assume he's competent enough to not just lie about something that can be easily proven.