Major Spoiler Regarding World Heavyweight Championship

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwinsider said:
Randy Orton just defeated Christian to win the WWE World title in Orlando, FL.

This happened at the Smackdown tapings today. I hate this decision. Christian should have been given a chance to be the top guy on Smackdown and they should have allowed him a few weeks as champion just to see what the ratings were. I know that WWE normally give first time world/wwe champions a short run but this is ridiculous. I said it in the Smackdown spoilers thread but I will say it again, Orton is at the level of Cena now where he is pushed too much by WWE. There is no need for Orton to hold the title and it is a shame this happened on Smackdown because we wont be able to hear the real crowd response.

Terrible decision by WWE.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I hate this decision it's absolutely ludicrously Blue. Let's get our hottest rising star to job to someone who doens't need a title to get over. Orton didn't need the damn title to remain over, he is where HBK and Jericho are. Christian was still on the rise and the made to look like a beast since he returned, and now he loses his title a few days after winning it? Bullshit, this is TNA garbage.

Orton is a shit champion, he lost viewers when he was champion, ratings started going back up after Miz took the belt from him and their crappy feud was over.

I hope the ratings are huge this week and crash nextweek, this will show the stupid asses who booked this shit that Christian is a bonafide star and could be a major draw if given the ball.

This is like Zack Ryders confisgated signs, it almost looks like someone is sabotaging people here.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Exactly Orton doesn't need the title, he is over enough and should only be given the title when there is a great feud where the two wrestlers trade titles. Winning the title with no build from a new champion is just a joke.

It doesn't make any sense since Christian had been booked so strongly since his return. He was beating Del Rio on Smackdown when he was the number one contender. He was maineventing Smackdown with great matches and seemed set to get a title shot even before Edge was injured. Then they give him the title and take it away.

It is like they are scared. Scared of change and scared to take risks. WWE used to be all about taking risks yet now they don't take enough. Christian would have been a great champion and the ratings wouldn't have suffered at all. WWE need new stars and Christian is the obvious choice, he is ready to take the ball and run with it and be the next big star.

Like you I hope the ratings plummets after this decision.

Reaction score
I hope the ratings are huge this week and crash nextweek, this will show the stupid asses who booked this shit that Christian is a bonafide star and could be a major draw if given the ball.

This. I'll be skipping Smackdown this week, just when I think WWE has finally done the right thing they go and pull their usual crap. Absolute bollocks.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
WWE Facebook page has people saying they will not watch WWE until Orton isn't champion. Looks like the ratings will drop to an all time low.

It's not Orton's fault, it's the booking but I'm annoyed at the booking. What is Edge thinking now I wonder.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The normal rating for Smackdown the past month has been around the 2.0 mark so when the ratings are released next week we can see what impact it has made.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
This is absolutely insulting like you have no idea. I thought the major spoiler ( I saw on PWM) was Batista coming back or Jericho. Instead it's this crap, I am a Orton fan but this is out of hand. He better be going heel otherwise this will be up there with the worst decisions ever.

Seak

Reaction score
Disgustingly horrible decision. Like Deez said, this is some TNA type horrible booking. Skipping Smackdown in hopes that the ratings nose dive.

Lucky

Reaction score
Am I the only one who actually really thinks this is a good idea?

Sure, Christian got screwed out of a long-title run, but as I pointed out before, the only reason I believe he got the strap anyways was because of Edge's retirement, and a point that I forgot to mention, that they needed for him to win it so one of the big belts could remain on Smackdown.

Anyways, let's face it, like I've said before also, that Mark Henry - Christian feud that had been rumored to lead up to the next PPV would have been awful to see. Is anyone really going to believe Mark Henry's going to go from a lump of dog poo to world title contender in two weeks? I doubt it.

It's about selling PPVs and making that money, that's all Vince cares about it. Whether the IWC wants to admit it or not, Christian is no draw. Neither is Mark Henry. I said this also that they should add Orton into it as a triple threat match at the PPV to at least get some interest in the match, and look at what happened.

Not only is it good for those purposes, but look at what it was reported that happened after the Smackdown taping was over. Orton told the crowd something along the lines of "When you go home tonight, remember that I now own this belt." That sounds like a small heel cut to me, something that would suggest that Orton would be turning heel.

Pretty much everyone has to admit that Orton's character is ten times better as a heel than as a face. Sure, everyone thought he was moved over to SD to replace Edge as the top face in the company, but if you turn Orton heel, then you have the PERFECT opportunity to MAKE something out of Christian as the top face on that brand.

I honestly don't see any better of a way to establish Christian, who always in the E has seemed to lack the ability of "getting over" and moving up to the next level of being a main event guy. It takes a pretty damn good heel to establish someone as a big-time face. Smackdown just doesn't have that right now.

If you turn Orton heel again, let him start punting some of your faces, turn him into the Randy of old, you have a perfect opportunity for Christian to try and get revenge by taking down the Viper, and bringing the title back to the good guys. I really don't see what the problem is here if in fact Orton turns like it appears he might. Christian finally can claim fame with a WHC notch under his belt in the E, and you see an Orton-Christian feud in the future that might establish him even further as that brand's top monster face.

Plus, Vince winds up profiting in the VERY near future as you can't help but notice that the next PPV, each major championship match will feature two huge draws. Cena and Orton.

Can't really complain about this.

SpectreVLV

Reaction score
It's either WWE is retarted for not knowing how much Christian is over with the fans, or it's some kind of a heel (or a tweener turn) for Orton.

I don't like the idea of Christian and Mark Henry feuding. I don't see anything exciting, anything.

Christian and Orton feud would have nuclear heat I think (positive heat). Something like this would be huge, but I don't know if WWE should be going in this direction this early.

Christian losing his first WH title in 2 days is just depressing. Since WWE has made this decision, it has the potential to bring many views to the Christian/Orton feud at this moment. If this is not the beginning of a feud between the two, Christian's end of title reign is a horrible horrible horrible decision - especially after that really impressive match at Extreme Rules against ADR. Wait no, let me try again - especially after Christian busting his ass for years and deserving a world title more than Orton and Cena, the 2 top dogs.

Last edited:

SpectreVLV

Reaction score
The thoughts are starting to sink in my head, and I'm realizing that this booking was fucking pathetic.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It just makes absolutely no sense to have Orton and Cena as the two champions. They are the only two bonafide maineventers and they have the titles. Stupid booking.

I think I might write a column about how dumb this idea is.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
Strange decision from WWE.

Way to squash Christian's momentum.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
As I posted in the SD spoiler thread, Vince has no faith in Christian and loves Orton. Why? I wish I knew that answer. Like Most here I like Christian he is definitely paid his dues and how do you know if a guy is a draw unless you give him a chance to be a draw? Orton is more boring than watching paint dry. His matches lull me to sleep.