Major Spoiler Regarding World Heavyweight Championship

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dod Draper

Reaction score
As I posted in the SD spoiler thread, Vince has no faith in Christian and loves Orton. Why? I wish I knew that answer. Like Most here I like Christian he is definitely paid his dues and how do you know if a guy is a draw unless you give him a chance to be a draw? Orton is more boring than watching paint dry. His matches lull me to sleep.

He's WWE's 'safe' option. They know he's one of their bigger names and a guaranteed draw (to a certain extent). Not to mention merchandise sales. He's a little like Cena in that respect.

Christian is probably seen as more of a risk to WWE. Whilst over, he's not quite as established as Orton. It's stupid though, since if they don't ever give him a title, how do they expect him to ever progress? (unless they don't, of course.)

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
This whole situation doesn't make sense, wouldn't it be more prudent to have Del Rio win the title and lose it to Orton before he jumps to Raw? With Orton taking the title from Christian it turns him heel by a vocal minority of fans, which would in turn get the rest of the crowd to turn on him. And turning Orton heel would totally just make his move to Smackdown because they needed a big face draw null and void.

There damn well better be some kind of giant angle from this or it will turn alot of fans off Smackdown, myself included.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Supposedly Christian doesn't sell much merchandise so that would be part of Vince's apparent dislike of Christian as a top star. Still the guy is a draw since he drew in ECW as champion and if they plug his merchandise enough I am sure it would sell well.

The only saving grace for this angle would be if this turns Christian into a mega face or indeed a mega heel. This needs to have an amazing payoff for Christian or a large portion of fans will turn against the product.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
This is a really slap in the face to Christian, and one of the worse pieces of booking in living momery. No point in Orton having the title at this stage, and it doesn't do much for the value of the belt having Orton winning it so quickly after switching over to SD.

Another reason is so well liked is because of his family roots, and because he has connections in the right places, plus he just has that kind of look that Vince likes. This is just so lazy and backwards by WWE.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Looking at the Smackdown roster again, they can't really afford to turn either Christian or Randy Orton heel. There are no other top faces whereas they at least have some stopgap top heels in Henry, Sheamus and Rhodes. Christian and Orton need to remain the top faces until they can at least build someone else up to that level.

In the end it comes down to WWE not pushing anyone besides Orton and Cena. They seem gun-shy since they pushed Lesnar like nothing before and then he left them in the middle of it. WWE needs to put more trust that these guys wont leave WWE as soon as they are pushed to the mainevent. They only have two maineventers when they need at least half a dozen especially since they have two brands.

Lucky

Reaction score
You're right, but then again if they take the strap off of your boy Kane they could push him as a top face as well.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
True but I can't see that happening again. Kane will most likely be used as the gateway to the mainevent. He will put over those heels that are heading to the mainevent.