Mafia Mystery Mafia ~ Game Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
Was my thought not independent?

Also don't like the last sentence as it feels like something you wouldn't say as town as it puts a target on your back even if you don't claim.

Although you could be wifoming but yeah
Why does it matter at all? Its extremely unlikely I dont claim today due to the wagon and who's on it so where's the wifom exactly?

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
I didn't say it makes distancing likely, I said it could easily be distancing.

All I was saying is that I can justify reading both of you as scum at this point. I'm not saying I necessarily think you both are mafia, just that I don't feel particularly inclined to say its one or the other.
But there's just no thought here at all, you've just thrown that out there because your thoughts contradict each other and you wanted to explain it away lol. It being distancing makes no sense, Banez was my first vote so I've been on him since very early, came back to him and actively went out of my way to start a wagon on him when I could have just tried to stay on jeff or gone back to magic. Saying it could be distancing makes no sense to the actual situation

Ace

Reaction score
Why does it matter at all? Its extremely unlikely I dont claim today due to the wagon and who's on it so where's the wifom exactly?
Because by saying you're unlikely to be lynched after your claim, you're claiming 1) to have an ability, and 2) for it to be clearly pro-town.
Scum would love to kill a strong player, and one who softs having a good role is doubly enticing.

The WIFOM would come in if you're tempting scum to shoot you and actually are a VT or something.

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
Because by saying you're unlikely to be lynched after your claim, you're claiming 1) to have an ability, and 2) for it to be clearly pro-town.
Scum would love to kill a strong player, and one who softs having a good role is doubly enticing.

The WIFOM would come in if you're tempting scum to shoot you and actually are a VT or something.
Its not softing and its not putting a target on my back when Im going to be claiming before night though is it :pogba

Ace

Reaction score
But there's just no thought here at all, you've just thrown that out there because your thoughts contradict each other and you wanted to explain it away lol. It being distancing makes no sense, Banez was my first vote so I've been on him since very early, came back to him and actively went out of my way to start a wagon on him when I could have just tried to stay on jeff or gone back to magic. Saying it could be distancing makes no sense to the actual situation
I respect your game enough to know that you absolutely wouldn't be averse to an early buss play of some sort, particularly one on Banez [All due respect etc]

I mean I was the first one to suss Alco and was very eager to jump back upon his wagon last game. This would be a similar play.

Again, I'm not saying I lean towards this being a bus rather than it not being one, just that I consider a bus possible and therefore am happy to keep a scumlean on both of you.

I don't know why you're so hung up on me and the bus discussion when it was clearly just me saying that I suss both of you and don't see it unfeasible that I could be right on both, as opposed to the alternative which would be that I would have to rethink my reads.

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
Like your accusation makes sense if I thought or implied I'd get out of the day without claiming but I literally drew a line in the sand for me to claim so clearly I knew I would be lmao

Ace

Reaction score
Its not softing and its not putting a target on my back when Im going to be claiming before night though is it :pogba
Are you going to be claiming before night?

I didn't know that was a given and you seem pretty intent on not claiming unless absolutely necessary so :pogba:

Ace

Reaction score
Like your accusation makes sense if I thought or implied I'd get out of the day without claiming but I literally drew a line in the sand for me to claim so clearly I knew I would be lmao
I don't believe you actually think you're 100% claiming today at all, in fact your post reads to me as if you're trying to pressure people NOT to make you claim.

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
I respect your game enough to know that you absolutely wouldn't be averse to an early buss play of some sort, particularly one on Banez [All due respect etc]

I mean I was the first one to suss Alco and was very eager to jump back upon his wagon last game. This would be a similar play.

Again, I'm not saying I lean towards this being a bus rather than it not being one, just that I consider a bus possible and therefore am happy to keep a scumlean on both of you.

I don't know why you're so hung up on me and the bus discussion when it was clearly just me saying that I suss both of you and don't see it unfeasible that I could be right on both, as opposed to the alternative which would be that I would have to rethink my reads.
Because why would a townie force a narrative in order to shoehorn in the same reads even though they don't make sense together rather than be open to rethinking his reads when it looks likely that one of them is wrong lmao

You could have said I make a good point, but I can make good points as scum and you think Im more likely scum than banez and it would be fair enough. Likewise you could have said actually yeah that's a really good point and I agree, Im switching my vote to banez. But trying to paint as we could both be scum when that's very very unlikely just so you don't have to change anything is no buys

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
I don't believe you actually think you're 100% claiming today at all, in fact your post reads to me as if you're trying to pressure people NOT to make you claim.
How? I said Im waiting for a vote count (because if im on a lot then im gonna have to claim) and that I want people to give me some independent thought before I claim. I mean it was pretty explicit

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
I dont think explicit is the word I'm thinking of there :pogba

Implicit? Idk

Ace

Reaction score
Because why would a townie force a narrative in order to shoehorn in the same reads even though they don't make sense together rather than be open to rethinking his reads when it looks likely that one of them is wrong lmao

You could have said I make a good point, but I can make good points as scum and you think Im more likely scum than banez and it would be fair enough. Likewise you could have said actually yeah that's a really good point and I agree, Im switching my vote to banez. But trying to paint as we could both be scum when that's very very unlikely just so you don't have to change anything is no buys

I didn't force any narrative, I know from my past experience that sussing a teammate early is perfectly possible play. All I was doing is saying I suss you, but I also think the point on Banez is good, and both of you can be scum in that scenario ie I don't have to rethink my suss on you for pointing out a good point on Banez.

You're acting like I'm actively pushing that you two are bussing as opposed to the truth, which is me saying there is enough of a chance of a buss that I don't need to switch my read on you.

How? I said Im waiting for a vote count (because if im on a lot then im gonna have to claim) and that I want people to give me some independent thought before I claim. I mean it was pretty explicit

I could definitely see you rejecting any independent thought that comes through by arguing against it.

Again, I've simply said that I don't believe you were 100% sure that you were going to claim; not that you definitely will not claim. Two very different things that you are conflating.

Doddsy

Mafia God
Reaction score
I've read morning and won't for a while yet. Someone give me the D'Lo Brown

Ace

Reaction score
That said I take on board that there is clearly some chance that you will end up claiming and suggesting a power role or at least one that will be convincing enough for us not to lynch you, and then claiming VT or something is simply not a viable play.