Madden 13 Discussion thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Yes, that's what I'm using it for right now. Even hows me run out with the team before the game. You go to Game Face Overview | EA SPORTS to make the face. You might also want to take two pictures of yourself... one of your face and one of your head turned sideways. You will upload them to generate your gameface. Then when you create your player or coach in Madden, just select the option to use Gameface in appearance options. The servers are busy as hell too.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
I don't get why NOS have 85 rating in normal quick play games but when you go into franchise it drops to 79? Also to control the full team do you do a manager franchise?

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
My guess is the team ratings change because it's going off the average rating of all the players on your roster instead of the Play Now ratings which are always according to how the team performed IRL the previous season. But it's always done that in franchise mode. You're never going to build a team with 90ovr in franchise unless you turn off the salary cap and poach superstar players around the board.

Coach career = franchise mode. Not sure if the owner options like stadium upgrades/relocation are still available. I doubt it, but then again I don't intend to move the Cowboys anyways.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
After doing one of the practices, I want to pull up the entire practice squad to replace my team. I was fine on offense, scored fairly easily, was fine when they ran the ball, but I swear they completed every fucking pass on me. It'd be the same thing every time, run on first and second, it'd be something like 3rd and 9. They'd throw a quick 10 yard pass to a guy close to the sidelines, and there'd be absolutely no one there, or even close that looked like they could have done anything. Pissed me off so bad.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
Hopefully mine should arrive tomorrow. Will be starting my annual PACK franchise.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Finished my first season with the Cowboys. I'm a little bummed there's less off-season options than there used to be. I still really liked the XP upgrades for coach and players and the improved scouting and free agency bidding. Those are all great features. But there's no options to manage your stadium, coaching staff, or ticket prices. None of those options had really been important factors in any of the previous franchise modes, but still. I'm just glad I picked my favorite team to play as instead of a crap team like the Browns like I used to... and rebuild every aspect of their franchise from the ground up and move them to another city. can't change jersey numbers either, and if you can, I haven't found the option.

Though it definitely puts more emphasis on the actual team this way. I wish there was an easier way to compare all the contracts of my players and re-sign them all on one screen. There is an area where you can view contracts, but you have to back out of that screen and go to another section to actually re-sign the players, which is a little weird. I'm also in the last year of Romo's contract and I just won a Super Bowl with him, so fuck... no idea how I'm going to sign him since I just re-signed Spencer to a large contract. Might have to deal Hatcher and Sean Lee for draft picks since they are both in the final year of their contracts as well. No good safeties in the draft or free agency either, so it looks like Dallas will suck there once again in my 2nd season. Already tried trading first round picks to other teams for a good FS, but no one's having any of that. Teams are a LOT more stubborn to trade their star players or even their young players with potential. Even in free agency, several teams would be bidding over a 22-year-old receiver with a 75ovr and NO ONE was bidding for the 32-year-old receivers with 82ovr. A lot more authentic.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Finished my first season with the Cowboys. I'm a little bummed there's less off-season options than there used to be. I still really liked the XP upgrades for coach and players and the improved scouting and free agency bidding. Those are all great features. But there's no options to manage your stadium, coaching staff, or ticket prices. None of those options had really been important factors in any of the previous franchise modes, but still. I'm just glad I picked my favorite team to play as instead of a crap team like the Browns like I used to... and rebuild every aspect of their franchise from the ground up and move them to another city. can't change jersey numbers either, and if you can, I haven't found the option.

Though it definitely puts more emphasis on the actual team this way. I wish there was an easier way to compare all the contracts of my players and re-sign them all on one screen. There is an area where you can view contracts, but you have to back out of that screen and go to another section to actually re-sign the players, which is a little weird. I'm also in the last year of Romo's contract and I just won a Super Bowl with him, so fuck... no idea how I'm going to sign him since I just re-signed Spencer to a large contract. Might have to deal Hatcher and Sean Lee for draft picks since they are both in the final year of their contracts as well. No good safeties in the draft or free agency either, so it looks like Dallas will suck there once again in my 2nd season. Already tried trading first round picks to other teams for a good FS, but no one's having any of that. Teams are a LOT more stubborn to trade their star players or even their young players with potential. Even in free agency, several teams would be bidding over a 22-year-old receiver with a 75ovr and NO ONE was bidding for the 32-year-old receivers with 82ovr. A lot more authentic.

Finished first season? :(

I've finished one fucking game, I'm too busy for this shit! lol

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

Shit much props to you to even use the Browns even if you did move them I couldn't stand to use them for anything. I do sometimes use different teams for franchise mode though other than Baltimore.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Shit much props to you to even use the Browns even if you did move them I couldn't stand to use them for anything. I do sometimes use different teams for franchise mode though other than Baltimore.
That's almost always what I did until the past couple years on Madden. Take a team that sucked really hard, move them to a new city and basically create a completely new team from the ground up. I never used teams I really liked. I did that shit with the Browns, Seahawks, Rams, Cards, and a few others. I even moved a team to Anchorage, Alaska one year and called them the Icemen or something. But this year for "coach mode", you best stick with a team you really like because you can't move them. And getting star players is much harder. Teams won't give you just anyone for a 1st round pick like they used to.

Ben

Reaction score
Been playing pretty much non stop all weekend lol.

No complaints on my end really. Did a season as the Packers in Connected Careers and lost in the playoffs, and have since went away from that and I'm trying out the madden ultimate team. Basically you start with a one decent player as captain and then unlock decks of cards to fill out the rest of the roster. Main reason I'm doing it is to earn the classic players like Sanders, Montona, ect as I'm not paying 10 dollars to unlock them all.

Haven't even ventured into a online game yet, as I usually get wrecked when I play randoms, probably get on eventually and just play friends and people from here.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
Started my Packers game, not played it since I got to the Playoffs. Lost interest in it.

Starting a Rams game tonight, going to rebuild them.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Almost all my free time has been playing with my Vikings Connected Coach Career. I still have no idea the difference between player and coach careers but I think based on the loading screens explaining things I can get more years out of the Coach one then the player one. So now I'm like 7 years in already and have only had one bad season. Of course I was so wasted for most the season, I shouldn't have even been playing. I'll turn it on again in an hour or two and get back to turning Adrian Peterson into the greatest player ever for the 3rd Madden game in a role.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
What difficulty do you guys play on?

I'm starting this Rams game on All-Pro. Tried Pro out on my Pack game but it was too easy. I get the feeling I'm going to get lit up on All-Pro. PICKS galore.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler