Madden 13 Discussion thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I'm okay with that most of the time, unless I'm losing or something, then I'd get pissed off no matter what they say, but I mean I was doing good and they were still finding ways to bring me down lol.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
The commentator was ripping the hell out of Lynch when Flynn threw a ridiculous screen pass to him while I was literally breathing down Lynch's neck with a linebacker, directly in front of him and waiting. Fucking CRUSHED him right when he caught the ball and the commentator just puts Lynch on total blast... like it was a perfect pass by Flynn and Lynch let him down. :lmao

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Noticed another bug that apparently hasn't been fixed. Nothing major, just slightly annoying stat-wise.

3586j4m.jpg

The highlighted area is the issue. The QB scrambled and was pushed out near the pylon and didn't actually score there. Notice there isn't an Akers kick either and I scored again 2 seconds later. What's fucked up is, I even challenged that play and lost even though the QB knocked the pylon over with his foot. It didn't count and I actually won this game 56-0. Yet when I checked the stats screen after the game, it says I did score, no extra point, and scored again 2 seconds later. Obviously it didn't effect the outcome of this game (lol) but I've seen similar cases on Madden12 where the losing team had more "points" than the winner.

Ben

Reaction score
Anyone getting this at Midnight tomorrow?

I'm going to the local gamestop and midnight to get it and I even signed up early enough to get into a little 8 man tourney there running. If anyone wants to get some games going this week though on PS3 though add me (benmanrocky). Think I have PHX and Cerbs on there already, but anyone else I'm open to playing.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Yeah I have you on my PSN. No way I'll be able to get it tomorrow but hope to get it soon.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I'll be getting it on Tuesday morning. No way my wife is waiting up with me till midnight for a video game :lol:

I have your monkey ass on PSN, Ben.
www.MessenTools.com-Frutas-drums.gif
I'm AX1Sortiz222.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
621570_10151009277836576_408085964_o.jpg

I got Madden on early release right now, can play it for 4 days then gonna get the full version at the end of september or something.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
I'll be jelly of all of you when my early release runs out and i can't get the proper game until october time lol

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I'm gettin' it tomorrow. That is all I know.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
All I know is you won't see me here much tomorrow and likely the next few days. Gonna get started on franchise mode. I think the Redskins will accept the trade I have in mind...

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Franchise mode has been completely revamped. I'm still working on preseason so I'm not sure how good all these XP upgrades will work eventually, but the entire mode has been completely revamped and it's actually pretty overwhelming when you first get into it. The only thing I don't like about it is the weekly practices. Even though they're optional, it's not exactly what you would expect a practice squad to be like. The QB's rating is like 87 and the RB is 90, there's even a wide receiver with young Randy Moss speed, it's just ridiculous. It's harder than most of the regular teams on the game are. Seriously. I'm actually wondering why I can't call up some of these motherfuckers. That is probably my biggest gripe with it so far.

What I REALLY like is the EA Gameface feature.

465525_433743733336168_513508635_o.jpg

This looks exactly like me. You upload a picture of yourself, along with an optional side-view picture for added-realism, and you can put your face on either the coach (if you're playing career mode as a coach, which is pretty much GM Mode) or a player (if you're playing career mode as a player, which is more like the "career mode" from previous Madden titles). You can even sync your career mode up with other gamers' career modes.

How realistic is it? Well, the Seahawks released Terrell Owens after the first week of preseason on this game, so it's pretty fucking authentic. Actually, it's a little scary. There's also weekly news coverage, similar to old school Madden 04-06 titles. People criticize your players on Twitter if they're not performing well, major signings/releases are covered on, and upcoming GOTW previews, etc, etc, etc.

Finally, your players earn XP and so does your coach. You spend XP on various things, such as added awareness, added speed, added acceleration, added blocking ability, tackling ability, toughness, stamina, injury resilience, throw accuracy, etc, etc, etc. You can even purchase fancy shit like "clutch ability" for your QB, upgrades for your coach to keep certain types of players from retiring, ability to lure free agents to your team. And if you play as a coach, you get to pick what type of coach you are... whether you're the type that methodically builds dynasties or "motivator" (which I picked) where players love to play for you, and there's one other I can't remember. I'm sure the same type of options exist for players if that's how you head into career mode.

Basically what I'm saying is... this game is amazing. Especially if you like messing around with GM/franchise/career mode. The game also feels much harder on advanced difficulties, even basic "pro" difficulty feels a lot harder. Rushing feels a little weird at first, so you have to be careful not to run into your lineman or you can trip and tackle yourself practically. I don't recommend diving right into All-Pro difficulty from the get-go, you should really start with pro just to get a feel for it.

Oh yeah, and you can publish game results to your Facebook wall in every type of game, whether it be online or offline. You can brag to your friends about beating a game on All-Madden or you can brag about beating me. It's insane.

The only other thing I feel I should add is the Baltimore Ravens' offensive playbook is fucking garbage. If you use them, select another offensive playbook for the love of god.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Got the game today, been busy as fuck haven't been able to play it much other than a couple games against my buddy. Really interested in tinkering with Franchise mode now.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Shit is off the fucking hook.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Can you use that game face thing in franchise mode too? And how you got about using pics for it?