Lucha Underground on El Rey

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
That would imply that a rookie is bad at his job. Tom Phillips is a rookie but he isn't a bad commentator. Neither are Michael Cole or Jerry Lawler.
Cole is brought down by the monkey telling him what to say over his headset. And Lawler doesn't care anymore.
But if Cole got free reign you have the best play by play announcer in the business.

I seem to be the only person who thinks Cole is awful as a commentator hos voice just annoys the fuck outta me.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Excalibur, those NXT guys (judging from few matches I watched), Gavin Loudspeaker, Bryce Rembsburg, Lenny Leonard, hell even Tenay and Taz.

The only dudes worse than Cole, Laler and JBL are Corino, Kelly and Nigel, and whoever the fuck does CZW.

Tenay and Taz? You high?

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Honestly, Cole was at his best when he was doing SmackDown with Taz. Ever since he took over the reigns in RAW he's just become a bore to listen to. Not saying he's horrible at his job because what he says isn't up to him but he just doesn't have the spunk in his commentary as before. He brings out the excitement once in a while like when Bryan won the title.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Right. If you want to keep discussing commentary. Do it in the commentary thread.

Back on topic with LU.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I found the show to be pretty hot for a debut show. It gave me a Wrestling Society X vice partially because of the commentary camera, and it seemed heavily edited at the beginning of the show. I liked Cueto's gimmick of a slickster, he fits it well.

Chavo/Demon - ** 1/2
Havoc/Sexy - ***
Mundo/Puma - ****

For anyone who doesn't know, Mundo still has it even though he's been away for 3 years at least thats what Vampiro and Matt were saying. 7/10 overall for a one hour

Forrest OAKADA

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I found the show to be pretty hot for a debut show. It gave me a Wrestling Society X vice partially because of the commentary camera, and it seemed heavily edited at the beginning of the show. I liked Cueto's gimmick of a slickster, he fits it well.

Chavo/Demon - ** 1/2
Havoc/Sexy - ***
Mundo/Puma - ****

For anyone who doesn't know, Mundo still has it even though he's been away for 3 years at least thats what Vampiro and Matt were saying. 7/10 overall for a one hour
Well, He hasn't been away for three years. Despite his release, he's done bookings here and there.

[HASHTAG]#Fact[/HASHTAG]

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score

Chavo/Demon - ** 1/2
Havoc/Sexy - ***
Mundo/Puma - ****

Morrison's last match was like Oct of last year vs Matt Morgan prior to Morgan retiring.

I liked the show myself, I'm pretty pumped to keep watching.. Hopefully it's getting it's money.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Well, He hasn't been away for three years. Despite his release, he's done bookings here and there.

[HASHTAG]#Fact[/HASHTAG]
Yeah, I was pretty sure he was taking bookings.

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Episode 2 is even better. Two episodes in, and I’m lovin it. It’s campy and goofy, totally spot on. Tag team opener was great and kinda better than E1 main event.

Looking forward to next week and the AAA 3-way. Pentagon!