Lucha Underground on El Rey

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Just done watching episode #3. All in all, it was an all-around good episode, as well as the previous two. I'm really digging this show, it's really unique! I wish it was longer, though.

- Loco vs Sagrada was decent, but still a lil bit short, though.
- I really, really liked that in-ring interview segment with Vampiro & Chavo... And as well as the backstage segment with Chavo/Konnan/Muertes/Catrina afterwards. Gotta love the cinematic vibe this show has!
- Mil Muertes' backstory was cool, and somewhat mystique. His squash match against Mandel was alright, I guess... But the character itself, is awesome and scary, at the same time... Which I think is cool!
- Johnny Mundo lookin' for the boss in that backstage segment was darn good, I liked it... Again, gotta love the cinematic vibe of Lucha Underground!
- Can't get enough of seeing Prince Puma's backstory, as well as his matches. Some great stuff!
- The Triple-Threat ME, Drago vs Pentagon, Jr. vs Fenix was just fun-tastic, from the get-go to the very end! I loved and enjoyed every bit of it.
- So far, Chavo, Mil Muertes, Mundo and Puma have been the most interesting characters on the show... Well, Dario Cueto is interesting as well, to be honest, he's something like a mob boss.
One thing's for certain... This show's grabbed my attention from the very first episode, I will definitely keep on tuning in! Looking forward to seeing next week's episode!

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
I use an AdBlock, so I don't have trouble with that stuff.
I swear I do too but I keep getting those ones that appear over the video feed that I have to click closed and they open more windows. Maybe I am thinking of trying to watch RAW live instead of on ww

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I swear I do too but I keep getting those ones that appear over the video feed that I have to click closed and they open more windows. Maybe I am thinking of trying to watch RAW live instead of on ww

That stuff has never happened to me, though.

Well yeah, watching RAW live would be better for ya, then.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
watch wrestling doesn't give you pop ups

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
watch wrestling doesn't give you pop ups
:notsure:

Well I haven't tried it again for awhile so maybe I should. I could probably torrent the shows too now that I think of it. I was doing that with RAW for a little while and just figured the extra stuff I was missing when watching it on Hulu wasn't that bad (except the Harper and Ziggler stuff damn it!).

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Remember when Russo was let go from TNA, something I thought of was that at the time, Bischoff and Russo were people needed in wrestling. They was someone outside the bubble who came into WWF with a bunch of fresh ideas and added a new, fresh, exciting color of paint to the shows that helped with the times, and I always thought TNA's replacement for Russo had to be someone from outside the wrestling business... lol

Saw at first "Executive Producer: Mark Burnett" at the start of the show and it caught my eye since I recognized him from many popular TV shows (and I never watch TV) and he does many reality shows and a bunch of these competitions, so now he's doing a wrestling show based on many of those and it shows. This shit is fantastic, just how different that part is is doing SO much for the rest of the show. The Crenshaw Crew feel like a vicious gang of thugs, not "the next heel faction in wrestling". It's like I'm a kid again.

Everything's coming off well, from the chicks wrestling each other to Mundo and Puma which an elephant could produce and they'd still be awesome, to even Chavo Fucking Guerrero... Shit, Lucha Underground did a segment where Chavo became the top heel of the promotion and it actually came across well on TV.

I bet if these guys signed Khali they could find a way to squeeze good TV out of that guy.