Lucha Underground on El Rey

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
that video package is just grand

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Probable matchcard for E1:

KhnGvEW.png

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Tonight's the debut, I tried seeing if I had the El Rey Network but it's not on my cable provider's current package that we have :(

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Pretty decent debut episode. Even though it had only three matches they all were given enough time, and the backstage segments had a cool take on them. The one thing that I didn't really like was the use of the sky high cam, but it's something that I can adapt to. The closing wasn't the best, but it definitely seemed like something Cueto would do.

I'll definitely be tuning in for it though. It'd be cool to have an LD for it-- I'd just have to find a stream since my provider doesn't carry the network.

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Loved the episode. You know they're doing a swank job when they had me enjoying Chavo and Morrison matches, the two guys I despised in WWE (and everywhere else). It flew by, everything felt cinematic and fresh, I dug the presentation. They're cheesy and campy, and I love it. Striker was good, but Vampiro was great, totally did not see that coming. The guy playing Dario Cueto can act very well. Also, dat swag.

Demon/Chavo - good (***)
Havoc/Sexy - short but solid (**1/2)
Mundo/Puma - great (****)

Oh, and this had me in stiches: "Prince Puma's spirit animal is... you guessed it, a jaguar."

Last edited:

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Good debut episode, definitely.

Digging the announcers, they are great, unlike the annoying rookies in WWE (Cole & Lawler). Always loved Striker, Vampiro was great, as well. The building where the event was held had a real good vibe, felt very mystique and 'underground', indeed.
I also liked the backstory of the show, thought those segments were cool.

Demon vs Chavo was good.

Havoc/Star was kinda meh. I wasn't all that much into it 'cause it was a short contest. However, Sexy Star is smokin' hot.

Rico...*cough* Prince Puma vs Johnny Mundo was damn great. Both guys are tremendous athetes. It's great to see JM back in the ring, it's actually my first time seeing JM in the ring ever since he left WWE. The closing segment was good. Interested in seeing where they go from now on. Should be good!

Will keep on watching this show!

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Good debut episode, definitely.

Digging the announcers, they are great, unlike the annoying rookies in WWE (Cole & Lawler).
How the fuck are Cole and Lawler rookies?

A rookie is someone new at their job. Vampiro is more of a rookie commentator than either Cole or Lawler.