Lucha Underground on El Rey

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Part 2 of Ultima Lucha Dos was very good.

- The Gift of the Gods match was a very good show opener. Fun stuff with everyone involved, the homestretch lost some steam and wasn't as fun as the rest, but still, it told a good story with Sexy Star winning and both Marty and Mariposa getting comeuppance.

- Officer Reyes and Joey Ryan are setting up Mr. Cisco with wire in order to help 'em get some dirt on El Jefe. Cisco is afraid Dario may kill him, but they assure him he'll be fine.

- Mil Muertes vs King Cuerno was a great Death Match. This is a must-watch. Granted, it wasn't on the same level as Fenix/Muertes matches, but still well-worth the watch. Loved the homestretch where Speared Cuerno through a table, then just proceeded to break him in half by Powerbombing him through tables and the finishing him off with a Tombstone.

- There was a video package for Pentagon/Matanza, as well as Vampiro/Pentagon from last year's event and the reveal that Vamp was his master. Vamp then dumped his meds and said he had to prepare his student for his match next week.

- Mr. Cisco arrives at Dario's office for some convo. Dario is too smart and knew the deal, and he found the wire! He then dared the police to come and get him and proceeded to kill Mr. Cisco with that red bull statue, as the police listened. The show closed with El Jefe on the phone, telling someone IT'S TIME...

Hyped for the grand finale next week!

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Part 3 and the grand season finale of Ultima Lucha Dos was good, but not great.

- The video package of Pentagon Jr. becoming Pentagon Dark was pretty cool.

- Drago, Fenix & Aero Star vs Worldwide Underground was a pretty good show opener. ***½
This was so good and energetic. Everybody did cool stuff, especially that psycho Jack Evans! I didn't mind the heel shenanigans, but I did mind Angelico interfering. My biggest gripe with LUG this season, and only gripe for that matter, has been the championships changing hands rather soon. Otherwise, this was a fun match worth checking out and it's cool to know Fenix's become the first LUG Triple Crown Champion.

- Black Lotus vs El Dragon Azteca Jr. was decent, given how long it lasted. **
Okay, this was Black Lotus' in-ring debut and the work was fine until Pentagon Dark ran in for the DQ finish. He broke both Lotus and Azteca's arm. CERO MIEDO, BITCHES! Can't say I loved that finish, despite loving Pentagon. Here's the thing: Black Lotus is a character that has existed since the first season, and we've got nothing close to a culmination to a story in regards to her character. Hopefully all that jazz is resolved in season 3.

- Pentagon Dark cut one hell of a promo and demanded that the LUG championship match takes place next!

- Matanza vs Pentagon Dark was good. ***¼
I liked this match for the most part, we saw Pentagon dominating Matanza in the fashion no one's done before and then that anticlimatic finish happened and I was disappointed. It was such an enjoyable match until the end, but oh well.

- Taya vs Ivelisse was rock solid. **¾
Another match followed by yet another shenanigan-filled finish. I didn't hate Catrina getting involved, as it actually makes sense given the history between Ivelisse and her, but damn, son! This felt like overkill. And I do get they want to set the stage for a season 3, but still.

- Rey Mysterio vs Prince Puma was a great ME. ****¼
This was great and well-worth the ME spot. Both guys worked hard and put on a great show here. I love ReyRey, but Puma's my guy, so he should've won, dammit! Still, best match from the show.

- As the show's about to close, Pentagon comes form the crowd, super kicks Striker and then beats up Vampiro. The barbed wire is here again and he rubs it against Vampiro's head, busting him open! Then, he beats up Vamp with broken pieces of the announce table and the barbed wire bat! Pentagon picks up the mic and tells Vamp he is the new master! And he wants everyone to see Vamp humiliated by Pentagon. He then continues kicking Vamp in the head, pushing the bat into his face AND LICKING HIS BLOOD!

The show closing segment saw the police arresting Dario Cueto, putting him in the back of a police van. El Jefe looks up and slowly starts the smile as the show fades to black.

WHERE WAS COUNCILMAN DELGADO, DAMMIT? Collecting money to bail Dario out? I guess we'll have to wait to find out.

THAT'S ALL FOLKS! See ya for season 3.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
13645338_1292916400733548_3796437942283425385_n.jpg

See you SOON for Season 3! :yay:

Reactions: Prince Bálor

DK JAMES

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
akiratozawa
Damn I wish I was caught up with my shit so I could be hyped for season 3 haha can't even watch the trailer. Only halfway through season 1. Really dope so far though.

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I thought the season opener was a really decent show. Not great, but decent. I'd give it a 7/10. But the best part of the show for me was definitely:

The Honky Tonk Man as one of the cops. :) That was just great.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
The season premiere of Lucha Underground was good. Man, I really missed it.

- The opening segment with Dario being released from prison was good, I enjoyed it. HONKY TONK MAN, BAYBAY!

- This was eerie, I dig it.

- Matanza vs Son of Havoc was really good. The crowd was hot, Havoc was amazing and the right guy won.

- That WWU/Dario segment was good. I love seeing Dario messing with people.

- Ivelisse vs Catrina takes place at Ultima Lucha Tres.

- Sexy Star vs Taya was solid. The finish was a little bit flat, but the post-match stuff worked well.

- That Marty/Dario segment was a'ight.

- ReyRey vs Pentagon Dark was a very good ME.
I'm not really a fan of ReyRey winning big singles matches against the most over guys in LUG (first Puma), and now Pentagon, but oh well. At least he's delivering some great matches. Also, I thought Pentagon/Vampiro feud is done for? That made the ending to the match feel kinda off.

- The closing segment with Vamp and Puma was interesting.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Episode #2 was very good.

It was an angle-heavy show setting the stage for big things, but it delivered. Oh, and the ME, Killshot vs The Moth was great.

HOLY SHIT, THIS WAS BONKERS!
tumblr_odkknePJLw1s05wxzo1_400.gif

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Yup, pretty good start the season with the first two episodes. Enjoyed them both. 2 was pretty awesome. The Weapons of Mass Destruction match had some great moments, especially that finish from Killshot from the top of the ladder... pretty amazing.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Episode #3 was decent. They advanced some storylines as they always do, but the show lacked the energy and fun of the previous two episodes.

When LUG slows things down, that usually means the next week's episode will be super fun and good.