Lucha Underground on El Rey

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
CBA to listen to that, but a year ahead, as in already filming season 3? If so, then yes.
When is season 3 out? It was like 5 minutes of ranting on them firing MVP and having a 138 year old character.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Lucha Underground being represented in the LLV World Cup. Not too (or at all) surprised since it's an AAA tourney.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Episode #19 was fun-tastic! Loved it.

Havoc vs Daga was a rock solid show opener, the trios title match was pretty darn good and the ME, Matanza vs Cage was a great hoss battle.

They also set the stage for a future Puma/ReyRey/Azteca break-up, so they can move on to other things. Looking forward to seeing how that one plays out.

Oh, and Matanza is simply awesome. Hope the dude has a long title reign.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Spud in da Temple?! :yes:
tumblr_o8buqqudN61rm7wbjo1_500.png

Reactions: Snowman1

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I liked Cage vs Matanza last week, but I give all the credit to Cage. I am not quite really impressed with Matanza yet. He reminds me way too much of the No Sell Giants of the past like Zeus or Nailz. Other than not selling, he has yet to really impress me.

Actually, I think the whole Matanza story line was handled pretty poorly. It's like, they had Mil Muertes, who ended last season seeming like the unbeatable monster... he comes and is ruling the temple... and they very quickly end his reign and give the belt to.... an unbeatable monster. It seems redundant. Why not just stick with Muertes? By doing what they did, it seems like they just swapped wrestlers but kept the same story line.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Can't believe I missed episode #20 from last week. It was so good and fun.

- Good stuff with Killshot and The Moth in the opening segment. Marty hitting a Powerbomb into the wall and then Killshot driving Marty head first into the announcers table was sick!

- The nunchuck match was pretty fun. I'm content none of the guys half-assed it while using the nunchucks, Jack Evans in particular, since he was bumping like a psycho that he is.

- The ME was fun-tastic, loved it.

- Pentagon's made his return and Catrina's risen the beast from the dead!

Ultima Lucha is 3 weeks away. Can't wait.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
That nunchucks match was fire! I love the little tricks like Jack Evans watching Ninja Turtles when he was a kid, yelling Cowabunga and hitting these cartoonist strikes vs Drago knowing exactly what he's doing and beating the everliving holy fuckballs out of the dude with them. :yay:

And seeing Pentagon in his hoverround wheeling his ass behind Chavo had me marking like a maniac hahahahahaha. RING THE BELLLLLLLLLLL

Between this and the last few episodes of fun-ness with The Dick Kick Express and CAGE and Graver Consequences and the cops and... This season is almost better than the first! Never a bad episode!

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Episode #21 was amazing! It was a one match show and it delivered in every way possible.

Great showing by everyone involved, and Pentagon and Fenix were the absolute stars in the second half of the match.

Pentagon vs Matanza at Ultima Lucha 2 will rule the world.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Only one man can make me scream along his catchphrase like I was a kid in the Attitude Era.

YO! SOY! PENTAGON JR! Y CERO! MIEDO!

Yeaaaaaah!

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Only one man can make me scream along his catchphrase like I was a kid in the Attitude Era.

YO! SOY! PENTAGON JR! Y CERO! MIEDO!

Yeaaaaaah!
:damn:

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Episode #22 was good. It was heavily focused on the Aztec Medallions and the upcoming Ultima Lucha Dos.

- Welcome to the Temple, Flamita Night Claw! He is from the jaguar tribe, speaks with a voice distorter and El Jefe has gifted him an ancient Aztec Medallion.

- Daga vs Mascarita was a fun show opener. They got like 2 minutes to work with, but they made the most of it. Daga won with a sweet Russian Leg Sweep/Crossface combo and all of that led to Famous B dropping his client, literally. With a Superkick. That was great.

- El Jefe was playing some mind game with Dragon Azteca Jr. in his office, and set up a match with Black Lotus at Ultima Lucha Dos.

- Killshot, Marty & Siniestro vs Castro, Joey Ryan & Mr. Cisco was a good and fun match that played well off of the dynamics between all people involved.

- Sexy Star & Mariposa vs Taya & Ivelisse was a good ME, I liked it. This was another match (courtesy of El Jefe's shenanigans), where he was pairing people that hold a grudge towards one another and forcing 'em to work together in order to win the Aztec medallions.

- The show closing segment saw Prince Puma challenge Rey Mysterio to a match at Ultima Lucha Dos, which ReyRey accepted! Get hype!

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
That's very weird for Flamita to come to an AAA-backed TV show. He just left AAA on pretty bad terms, and was shoot unmasked by Octagon because he felt disrespected.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Ricochet, a.k.a. Prince Puma, finished up with Lucha Underground at their most recent television tapings, which was the last taping of Season 3. Dave Meltzer noted onWrestling Observer Radio that he was done with the company as of now, although things could change.

Meltzer stated that Ricochet is not heading to WWE, at least not right away, because contractually he can't. He is taking independent bookings through the fall, however is not taking them in the winter because he plans to work dates for New Japan Pro Wrestling at that time. As for ending up in WWE, Melter said that it's "a ways away," but that he'll probably end up in WWE in 2017.

Source

Taking this with a grain of salt since Meltzer's reporting. It's a big blow for the promotion if true. Granted, they could find another guy to play the character, but still.

Now, I could be wrong, but isn't Ricochet signed to like a 7-season deal with LU or something along those lines?

I mean, the only way he could leave before that timeframe would be if LU approved it... That's if the rumors about his 7-season deal turned out to be true.

Plus, season 3 probably ends in the summer of 2017. So, he wouldn't be able to be in WWE before that.