Lucha Underground on El Rey

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Episode #23 was good and enjoyable.

- King Cuerno vs Mil Muertes was a solid show opener. They did a fine job of prolonging the feud 'tween the two (although MM shouldn't have lost so quickly) and due to the finish, this feud will continue and culminate at Ultima Lucha Dos in a Death Match.

- Ivelisse and Taya are in Dario's office. El Jefe makes the match for Ultima Lucha Dos to determine who's truly THE baddest bitch in the building!

- Prince Puma vs Dragon Azteca Jr. was a great sprint, loved it. I also loved the post-match stuff with ReyRey. Hyped for The Prince vs The King.

- ULTIMA LUCHA BEGINS NEXT WEEK, FOLKS!
Dario's super excited and feels like a little kid waiting for the Christmas morning. He's invited Cage, Texano, Son of Havoc and The Mack in the ring, saying that he has big plans for 'em. They are the participants in the first ever 'Unique Opportunity Tournament'. El Jefe promises this'll be the best opportunity yet. Winner gets to be KILT by The Monster Matanza Cueto, perhaps? He then tells them to go at it and beat the hell out of each other.

- Ultima Lucha Dos takes place on July 6th, 13th and 20th. Here's the awesome card:
tumblr_o9lvr2dNkh1rwax6fo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_o9lvr2dNkh1rwax6fo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_o9lvr2dNkh1rwax6fo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_o9lvr2dNkh1rwax6fo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_o9lvr2dNkh1rwax6fo5_1280.jpg

tumblr_o9lvr2dNkh1rwax6fo6_1280.jpg

tumblr_o9lvr2dNkh1rwax6fo7_1280.jpg

tumblr_o9lvr2dNkh1rwax6fo8_1280.jpg

- Johnny Mundo vs Fenix was a pretty good and fun ME. The post-match happenings were fine and added to the build for two of the Ultima Lucha Dos matches.

Finally, Ultima Lucha Dos is here and it's happening next week! Super hyped! :yay:

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Ultima Lucha is the season finale, right?

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Sexy Star is either taking a hiatus or completely done with wrestling. She unmasked and announced her debut in pro boxing.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Ultima Lucha Dos is going to be all types of awesome!

Matanza Cueto vs Pentagon Jr. For the LU championship
Prince Puma vs Rey Mysterio
The Worldwide Underground (Jack Evans, PJ Black, Johnny Mundo) vs Superfriends (Drago, Aerostar, Fenix)
Gift of the Gods Championship: Daya vs Sinestro De La Muerte vs Kill shot vs Marty "The Moth" Martinez vs Mariposa vs Sexy Star vs Nightclaw
King Cuerno vs Mil Muertes: Deathmatch (not the CZW kind)
Taya Valkyrie vs Ivelisse
El Dragon Azteca Jr. vs Black Lotus
Son of Havoc vs The Mack vs Cage vs Texano, Battle 4 a Unique Opportunity

Awesome. Watch this, everyone!

Reactions: Prince Bálor

SWAGSUKE

The Artiste
Banned
Reaction score
I don't know much about Lucha Underground, but I'm gonna get into it soon. There's so much WWE each week, all other wrestling has to be in addition to that. I'm just talking about the 3 hour Raw and NXT. I don't watch Smackdown every week. Anyway, gotta make time for things other than wrestling!! :) haha

Reactions: Snowman1

Snowman1

Reaction score
I don't know much about Lucha Underground, but I'm gonna get into it soon. There's so much WWE each week, all other wrestling has to be in addition to that. I'm just talking about the 3 hour Raw and NXT. I don't watch Smackdown every week. Anyway, gotta make time for things other than wrestling!! :) haha

The season finale, Ultima Lucha Dos, started tonight! Think it's a three week special. Perfect time to join in and see what it's all about. :) Come join us and have fun watching!

SWAGSUKE

The Artiste
Banned
Reaction score
The season finale, Ultima Lucha Dos, started tonight! Think it's a three week special. Perfect time to join in and see what it's all about. :) Come join us and have fun watching!

You got it. I always DVR it but never get around to watching! LOL I'll check it out. Gonna have some extra time.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Part 1 of Ultima Lucha Dos was soooo good!

- The Mack vs Cage was a great opener. It was a wild brawl and played off of their last year's war perfectly. The only minus is the ending. It felt anticlimatic. When Cage grabbed a cinderblock, I thought it'd be shades of last year's stuff and somebody would get KILT with it, but instead, we got Mack winning via cheap ass roll-up. Nevertheless, everything else was highly enjoyable.

- Son of Havoc vs Texano was pretty good. Not as intense as the opener, but still fun. Texano took some sick bumps and crashed through a ton of glass. Havoc won with a double stomp with Texano falling right into broken pieces of glass. Do you what's the greatest thing ever, though? Dario Cueto making all these stipulations just for his own satisfaction. Oh, and El Jefe screaming RING THE BELL all night long was awesome!

- Son of Havoc vs The Mack was rock solid for a 5 minute match. I was expecting them to go at least another 5, 'cause it seemed like they were just building into the homestretch and then just stopped and Havoc won with a SSP. It kinda felt flat, even though you could say they were playing into the fact that they were both tired... Anyways, El Jefe and Black Lotus came out post-match to discuss the UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY. He had two briefcases. Dario congratulated Havoc on his victory. Now, let's get down to business. Briefcase #1 contains $250,000 in it, which, in Dario's own words, is more cash than Havoc will ever make. Buuut, the second one contains a contact for a Lucha Underground title match at Ultima Lucha Tres! Havoc says he doesn't care if Dario has $250 million, 'cause he's taking the title shot. Havoc's celebration with the case begins, but... SWERVE! El Jefe says as long as he wins one more match. He then offers the cash to the next opponent. Whoever wins keeps their prize (Havoc keeps the case, the mystery opponent gets the cash).

- Out comes Famous B. He introduces his new client... Dr. Wagner Jr! Aaand, there we have it... Dr. Wagner Jr. vs Son of Havoc. This was more of an angle and it worked completely fine for the time it was given. Havoc put up a good fight, but still lost the match. Dr. Wagner Jr. gets 250K, while Dario gets his enjoyment out of screwing over the fan favorite.

Good stuff. Hyped for Part 2 of Ultima Lucha Dos next week!

Reactions: Snowman1

Snowman1

Reaction score
So for those who haven't seen it HEATHENS IF YOU SPOIL A DAMN THING I WILL POUR YOUR ENTRAILS ONTO A DILAPIDATED BOAT... *ahem*

So for those who haven't seen it, when would be a good time to LD?

Snowman1

Reaction score
ok gotta say after watching this, it's one of the go-to episodes for answering "what's the big deal about LU"?
This is it.
Not that this was the GREATEST EPISODE EVER - it was damn good and Texano deserves $250 million dollars for those UNBELIEVABLE bumps - but they have done such a damn good job establishing so many things as being important.
It's a thrown together match between 4 guys with no direction for a mystery prize. This is automatic death for any promotion BUT Lucha Underground. The biggest anti-draw imaginable...
Here, it's a huge draw, because you knew you'd get amazing action, the prize they were fighting for actually was going to mean something, and you knew the unveiling would be entertaining. There was NO CHANCE this would turn out lame. We've seen the last 50 or so episodes and they've done such a fantastic job carefully explaining to us that we can have faith that good things are coming in this show...

also bien and stuff