Lucha Underground on El Rey

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I was pretty excited that the Mack got the title shot this time around. He actually put up a good fight against Matanza. I am actually ready for Matanza to lose the belt though. He's way too one dimensional of a champion. I mean, I know where his character is going because I have had the misfortune of accidentally coming across some spoilers. But knowing what happens in the spoilers and when LU will air them are two different things.

Anyway, I wasn't too enrapt by the Trios match but the Mack made the show for me.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Last week's episode of LUG was solid, but unspectacular.

The only must-see stuff is the Atomicos match, the ending of Puma's match and Catrina murdering Sinestro and sucking out his soul.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Episode #5 was good.

- Ivelisse vs Mariposa was meh. Their work just felt uninspired and on top of that, it was clunky. But, oh well. At least Ivelisse won.
The post-match stuff was fine, it goes to show that Ivelisse has no friends left in The Temple, which is where Jeremiah comes in, I guess. By the way, that segment w/ Ivelisse and Jeremiah was great. And it's nice to see Sami Callihan Jeremiah in The Temple. He'll fit in just fine.

- I enjoyed the hell out of that backstage segment w/ Mundo and El Jefe. Dario messing with Johnny while actually using facts was the greatest thing ever.

- There was a video package for a Rabbit tribe who will soon be coming to The Temple.

- Cage vs Texano was pretty good and miles better than their last outing. If Cage steamrolls through Texano and wins the series with 3-0, that'd be great.

- Matanza vs Prince Puma was a great ME, loved it. It was one of the best matches of the season thus far. Didn't mind the finish at all, it works peferctly fine as Matanza should not lose yet and Puma cannot lose clean. So, all's good.

- The show closing segment had Joey Ryan approach Killshot, he handed him a note saying "YOU LEFT ME FOR DEAD." Interesting. Also, I loved Joey Ryan's line "What am I, a detective?" LMAO.

All in all, a good show and much better than it's been the past two weeks. LUG seems to be getting back on track. Hyped for next week.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Episode #6 was good.

The asbolute highlight of the show was this:

Oh, and the ME was good.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Forgot to mention it, but this was also the greatest thing ever.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Episode #7 was great and the best one of the season thus far. Loved it!

The show simply flew by.

We had 3 quality matches that all delivered and all brought something different to the table, they set up Aztec Warfare III and advanced angles.

- Liked the opening segment w/ Puma and Vampiro.

- Matanza Cueto vs Killshot was a fun little sprint. They made the most of it considering the time they were given. Also, AR Fox making his debut was a nice addition to the Killshot story.

- AZTEC WARFARE III IS HAPPENING 4 WEEKS FROM NOW, BAYBAY! GET READY! El Jefe announced that Matanza will defend the LUG title in the match and he'll enter at #1. Dario then says he wants Fenix (who was already in the ring along Aerostar and Drago) to enter at #20. However, the Trios champs will have to fight each other and the winner gets the #20 spot. There's only one catch: The losers are out of the Aztec Warfare III.

- Drago vs Aerostar vs Fenix was pretty good and fun. The pace was great and the crowd was really into everything these guys were doing. Now, before this match started, the obvious winner to me was Fenix, but then Drago won. One thing's for sure, though. Drago winning and the other two losing the chance to fight for the title will cause issues between the Trios champs. Dario sure loves messing with friends.

- That backstage segment with Mundo and Dario was good. We're getting Mundo vs Sexy Star for the Gift of the Gods title next week!

- Prince Puma vs Mil Muertes was a very good ME. These two work so well together and they cannot disappoint. Puma won and got some revenge for losing the title at Ultima Lucha, but since the score is tied now, this feud is far from over. Fine by me.

- The closing segment was fine.

I'm not uber-hyped about ReyRey vs Chavo in 2016, but we'll see how that one goes.

All in all, it was a really enjoyable show.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Episode #8 was not good and probably the weakest LUG episode yet.

Texano/Cage saved it from being a total clusterfuck from a wrestling standpoint. And since we're on the subject, I'm really interested in this Texano/Cage storyline now. Why?
Because there's a box that contains an evil soul.

Also, I liked Puma, Ivelisse/Jeremiah and ReyRey angles. Outside of that, I could not really get behind this episode.

Oh, and nice to see Paul London in LUG.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Episode #9 was rock solid.

We're getting Prince Puma vs Mil Muertes in a Grave Consequences match next week! :yay:

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Episode #10 was very good and fun.

Mascarita Sagrada vs Famous B was a fun opener.

The Mack, Mariposa, Marty, Ivelisse & Jeremiah vs Killshot, Fox, Argenis, Texano & Cage was solid, but the ending was way too predictable. Also, it sucked to hear Ivelisse screaming "Not again!" as she hurt her ankle again.

Mil Muertes vs Prince Puma was a great ME.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Pretty happy with Aztec Warfare III. I knew the outcome of it months ago. Actually, the taping even took place before Ultima Lucha Dos, so I have been sitting and waiting for this for a while. It was nice to see Matanza finally get pinned and even nicer to see Sexy Star win the championship. A very enjoyable episode.

I also liked how Marty the Moth took it to Matanza early in the match. Sure, it didn't last, but it was much better than I have come to expect from Marty.

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
So, I haven't been watching lucha underground. I've caught a few episodes here and there. I think they were old eps though. But a buddy of mine whom I'm going to SS with tomorrow said he heard that ted turner was getting back into the business. Skeptical, I looked it up. And apparently turner has invested in lucha underground? Only in Germany though?

Anyone else hear of this recently?

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
So, I haven't been watching lucha underground. I've caught a few episodes here and there. I think they were old eps though. But a buddy of mine whom I'm going to SS with tomorrow said he heard that ted turner was getting back into the business. Skeptical, I looked it up. And apparently turner has invested in lucha underground? Only in Germany though?

Anyone else hear of this recently?

Yeah, that is correct. Ted Turner's indeed invested in Lucha Underground, but only in Germany.

The show will be airing every Saturday night on TNT, starting December 10th.

Also, not sure if it means Turner's getting back into the wrestling business, but it's a possibility.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Sorry to not be a part of this thread much - been bingewatching my way to catch up - and this might be the best season yet!!! :yay:

This sounds like the most mark shit ever said, but if TNT is to pick up Lucha Underground, that's exactly the type of change the entire wrestling business needs right now.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
I haven't watched a single ep of LU, is it something i need to watch from the start (of the season or what not) or is it something that you can pick up as you go?

And do the air their episodes on YT? doubt I'll be able to get the eps any other way.