Lucha Underground on El Rey

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I haven't watched a single ep of LU, is it something i need to watch from the start (of the season or what not) or is it something that you can pick up as you go?

And do the air their episodes on YT? doubt I'll be able to get the eps any other way.

Watch it from the start, dude. It's totally worth it.

And, they don't usually air full episodes on YT, but they usually post highlights and sometimes big matches in full length.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I believe SlingTV has it, but don't know details. Also ITunes let's you buy it by the season. Pricey, but worth every penny!

Reactions: RedDwarfTechy

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I am way off my game. I had no idea that Mariposa was Cheerlead Melissa. I have no idea how I missed that.

• Haha
Reactions: Prince Bálor

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Why didn't iTunes work? I tend to buy the episodes on there.

Right now you're probably lucky you're not seeing this current match. Paul London is wearing some cloth codpiece that looks like it could break free at any moment.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Why didn't iTunes work? I tend to buy the episodes on there.

Right now you're probably lucky you're not seeing this current match. Paul London is wearing some cloth codpiece that looks like it could break free at any moment.

Regional distribution I guess, they don't have shows here. Oh well.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
This week's show was good.

Loved the title change, even though it's a bit soon.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Episode #13 was great, one of the best this season for sure!

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I've gotta say... I love LU... but there's two glaring issues I've had with the writing... Three if you add a nitpick (having 82 different "magic items", so many that I worry about a payoff)

First is simply not enough Pentagon. CERO MIEDO! CLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAP! Still probably my favorite character to watch in all of pro wrestling, and seemingly the #3 monster heel on this roster since there's too many big guys to spotlight them all... (Too much talent in general, some guys like Fenix have to fall by the wayside unfortunately). (Also I haven't forgotten that match when Sexy Star got like 90% of the offense on Pentagon and beat him. An ass, that sucked.)
And second is this entire dumb ass Black Lotus angle... Really liked it in season one. Thought the intrigue of this girl getting revenge on her parents was cool, and wondered what would happen when she finally came face to face with Dario... and then Dario was just like "yeah uh I didn't kill them, your trainer dude did" and she bought it. Just felt too easy, then it was ignored for almost all of Season 2 besides leading to an AWESOME new character in EDAJ, and then right before UL-Dos they were like "uhh yeah Black Lotus still exists and Dragon Azteca Jr gets to fight her for revenge and stuff" and then the match felt lukewarm going in and then Pentagon Dark ran in and broke both their arms... It reminded me of a Raw main event a few weeks earlier when Orton, in a title match, RKO'ed Seth and pinned him for the 1...2...SHEAMUS RUNS IN FOR THE DQ. Except this was 5,204,194% more awesome than that was...

...and it all led to this perfectly beautiful episode which did a solid job addressing BOTH these complaints! Yay! First of all.. IO Shirai (Hirokiri) is someone whose matches I'm going to spend most of tomorrow bingewatching because HOLY BALLS THIS CHICK IS INSANE! Believable power offense on a monster, insane athletic ability - much better than the smaller girls who came before her. Loved watching her and MY GOSH THAT FREAKING BALCONY DIVE ARE YOU FUCKING WITH ME... This chick. Just jumped off a building. Right onto the barely-padded floor oh my GOSH I could never. This made Angelico's dives look like cautious exercises in wrestling safety. This chick was awesome, and I never thought I'd ever type "She reversed a package piledriver into a Canadian destroyer for the finish". All three finishes, really!!!

Then El Dragon Azteca returned to a new Chavo-less environment and I marked out, and it really sank in what the best thing about LU is...
There are no "faces" or "heels" on this show. Pentagon is fighting valiantly against 4 badass chicks at once and dominating matches against Doku, but also striking the shit out of women and broke arms for no reason whatsoever.
While the chicks are getting revenge for Black Lotus against this savage armbreaker dude and overcoming being smaller individually. Loved this element a lot! See also Matanza vs Mil... so many other times that characters clashed for understandable reasons.

Keep it up LU. Most consistent wrestling show of all time. Some episodes are better than others but you're guaranteed an hour that leaves you wanting more every time.