Lucha Underground on El Rey

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
MVP's coming to Lucha Underground. He's season 3 bound, same as Sami Callihan.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
While everyone else was enjoying Hunter run his e-fed and putting on the best show of the year, I was watching Aztec Warfare again with a friend... a friend who gave up on wrestling and moved on to anime... Of course having no web and basic cable and only watching Raw, it's no wonder he won't enjoy the art of fake fighting anymore... but seeing his eyes glow as dudes got slain one after another... looking at me saying "that was messed up, man. damn that's insane..." and he laughed at Ryan's antics and enjoyed Evans being a goon and... After the match, he said he bought Royal Rumble 05 at the flea market 6 months ago and never bothered watching it, we checked that out, and he called me after I left and begged me to send him the rest of Lucha Underground Season 3. :)

It was pretty wonderful to see, I love those moments when former fans rekindle their love for wrestling. And with LUG, unlike the last time I saw this (Survivor Series 2014 and some random mullet-having dad marking for Sting) there's a 0% chance of Lucha Underground fucking this up.

And it's AWESOME to have a heel we can love, but can feel like a huge deal when someone beats him. Glory to Matanza!

Reactions: Swift

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
tumblr_o56oe9NRTf1snhdpvo2_400.gif

Reactions: Swift and Snowman1

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Episode #11 was so good.

- El Jefe and Vampiro met in the bathroom and Dario advised Vampiro not to do anything stupid like attack him and go after Matanza. Dario admits Pentagon went too far, but they're lucky Pentagon is still alive. Dario said should Vampiro lay his hands on him, or worse, his brother, he won't be so lucky. Dario told Vampiro that he is valuable to him, as he's practically the voice of LU and tells him not to make the same mistake as Pentagon. Vampiro's then seen staring at the pills in his hands and takes a few.

- Officer Reyes and Ryan met with Captain Vasquez and discussed Dario Cueto's return to The Temple. She wants the job done, even if they have to tag together.

- Ivelisse vs Kobra Moon was an okay show opener, but nothing special. Glad Ivelisse won.

- Killshot video package was ridiculously awesome. Figured they should've done it last season, but oh well. Still cool.

- Famous B gave Mascarita his business card.

- The Mack met with Sexy Star who's seen working out. He's been put on a trios team with The Moth and Mariposa, so he asks her to accompany him, but she refuses. Sexy Star then continued to work out more as she heard the cackling of The Moth and Mariposa in her head.

- The Crew & Joey Ryan vs The Mack, The Moth & Mariposa was good. Enjoyed the hell out of it.

- ReyRey, Dragon Azteca Jr. and Prince Puma will be teaming next week! Yes! Also, Prince Puma TALKED for the first time on the show.

- Matanza vs Fenix was a good, enjoyable ME. Technically, it was a 5 minute squash, but it was pretty enjoyable and the best squash in recent memory. Matanza's quickly becoming one of my favorites. The dude's an absolute beast! And I'm so looking forward to Matanza vs Mil Muertes, it's gonna be awesome!

Last edited:

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
he called me after I left and begged me to send him the rest of Lucha Underground Season 3. :)

If you really have the power to do this babe, I want all of season 3 also.

Anyway, to anyone in general, who do you think will eventually take down Matanza? I was thinking Mil at first but the way that Matanza destroyed Pentagon, I am thinking Pentagon gets to make up for this, probably at Ultima Lucha.

Reactions: Snowman1

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
This episode demonstrated why Lucha Underground is so awesome. If Vince McMahon was running the show, we would have to wait 5 or 6 months before Matanza and Mil Muertes had any interaction at all. Instead, we get it almost immediately. It's very similar to Bischoff's early strategy in the Monday Night War; don't drag everything out (a strategy that didn't last very long).

I think this just reinforces that Mil will not be the guy to end Matanza's reign, but I still look forward to the encounter.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Took a break from watching post-Mania, but I love these small things about LU and can go on about them all day. Catching last week's ep, and I called such bullshit on the backstory of Marty The Moth. Like, come on, dude. You don't have this backstory etched throughout ancient Aztec lore. You aren't a descendant of Mothra or whatever and your sister isn't some legendary... whatever the hell you were saying I don't remember, you're some geek who popped up outside the temple and begged your way into a spot.

Then it was revealed he was reading from an empty book and making a bunch of crap up! :yay: I marked so hard, hahahaha

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
If you really have the power to do this babe, I want all of season 3 also.

Anyway, to anyone in general, who do you think will eventually take down Matanza? I was thinking Mil at first but the way that Matanza destroyed Pentagon, I am thinking Pentagon gets to make up for this, probably at Ultima Lucha.

I agree entirely. Pentagon will be the guy to dethrone Matanza.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
This has to be the best LOLWTF moment of the week. :lol1: Props for handling it like a pro, though.

In an unusual turn of events, former WWE and TNA talent MVP says that his Lucha Underground contract has been terminated just a week after he announced that he was working with them.

In a Youtube video released this afternoon, MVP said that his contract was terminated due to him violating the terms of his deal. He stated that he had interviewed members of the cast for his podcast, which was a conflict of the non-disclosure agreement he had.

See Also: MVP On Why Vince McMahon Cleaned Up WWE Locker Room, Falling Out Of Vince's Good Graces, More

MVP took full responsibility for the issue, and said that he wasted a big opportunity. MVP had started as an agent with the company towards the end of their season 2 tapings.

MVP made an announcement that he'd signed with Lucha Underground last week's WaleMania 2 event. The plan was to utilize MVP as an agent for the talents, with him eventually appearing in an on-screen role.

You can see the video of MVP talking about his departure from Lucha Underground above. The 42-year old said that he is still accepting independent bookings.

Last edited:

TheArabHammer

Don't call it a comeback
Reaction score
Mil Muertes was immediately eliminated and Catrina went bonkers and even slapped Vampiro because Pentagon Jr had attacked Mil before he got in the ring.

Then the countdown clock continued for a 21st entrant and Dario Cueto appeared and reclaimed the Temple from Catrina. He introduced Matanza who came in and annihilated the 8 remaining guys in a manner even Brock Lesnar would respect and won the championship.
Awesome

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
This has to be the best LOLWTF moment of the week. :lol1: Props for handling it like a pro, though.

Feel bad for him but I really really really really don't like him so I'm fine with it. But yeah, he handled it like a pro