Lucha Underground on El Rey

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Episode #9 was AMAZING! I loved it!

It was a one-match show and the Aztec Warfare delivered in every way possible!

There were awesome moments throughout the match and Matanza's debut was amazing! They put him over as an unstoppable beast in a big way and him just killing dudes was dope.

God, I love Lucha Underground!

Looking forward to seeing where this crazy ride goes from here on out!

Reactions: Bort

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Episode #9 was AMAZING! I loved it!

It was a one-match show and the Aztec Warfare delivered in every way possible!

There were awesome moments throughout the match and Matanza's debutwas amazing! They put him over as an unstoppable beast in a big way and him just killing dudes was dope.

God, I love Lucha Underground!

Looking forward to seeing where this crazy ride goes from here on out!
The very fact that Mil Muertes was their over monster and he was taken out before Matanza got to the ring suggests this will be an match at some point in the future.

But even more that at this point it bears a similarity to Lesnar and Undertaker... early Lesnar and Undertaker, not recent. Matanza is like the next level, more indestructible than Mil. I'll be interested in seeing what happens.

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
The very fact that Mil Muertes was their over monster and he was taken out before Matanza got to the ring suggests this will be an match at some point in the future.

But even more that at this point it bears a similarity to Lesnar and Undertaker... early Lesnar and Undertaker, not recent. Matanza is like the next level, more indestructible than Mil. I'll be interested in seeing what happens.

My comparison isn't hurt by Matanza having an amateur background, although he definitely was nowhere near the level Lesnar was.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score

A match between Matanza and Mil Muertes is pretty much guaranteed. As soon as one of those two men steps onto the other man's toes... BAM! It'll happen! And it'll be awesome.

Reactions: Bort

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Also, in other good news:

This week's first airing of Lucha Underground on the El Rey Network, featuring Rey Mysterio's debut, actually made the Cable Top 150, the second time that has happened for the show. The show ranked [HASHTAG]#137[/HASHTAG].

The 8pm airing drew 163,000 viewers, up 63% from last week's 100,000 viewers, and a new record for the show.

Source

King B

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
The Aztec warfare was great. Don't really like The monster tho :-/

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Those hollow comodo dragon eyes is what makes Matanza in my book. He's not tall, but he's fucking JACKED and those dead eyes piercing through the mask is what makes his appearance awesome. He carries himself perfectly. Also, amazing booking helps.

Anyway, Aztec Warfare II delivered in tugboats and then some more. Immensely fun match. I felt like a little kid watching the whole thing, especially the parts with Pentagon destroying Mil and Dario coming back to take his Temple back. So many little subplots and stories. I loved Joey Ryan doing his silly thing. Chavo was hilarious. Some eliminations were rather shocking. Mascarita! Catrina lost her cool. Mil didn't even get a chance. Famous B marking out. Matanza positioning himself 10 levels above the roster. Goddamn it, what a fucking match!

That's three stupendously awesome main events in a row.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Oh, and I forgot to mention... Shout-out to Jack Evans for bumping like a psycho that he is. And Cage getting KO'd with a cinderblock was awesome.

There were just so many awesome moments throughout the match, I was marking out left and right.

This pro-wrestling thing can be great if done right and LUG is making wrestling great again.

Reaction score
Thought Matanza was someone like Rowan or Strowman but he was incredible. Of course he is going to get that huge push. He will go through Feni while Pentagon faces Mil and beats him for momentum. I think Mil, Cage, Pentagon are the only guys who can stop Matanza but Mil won't go for title again. Maybe a rematch but he won't be the one who takes away. Cage vs Matanza can be good. I really like Cage, he is absolutely a machine. A guy like Elgin. And I really want Pentagon to become champion because HE IS ABSOLUTELY AWESOME, PHENOMENAL, GREAT (all nice adjectives for a human being). Really think scary Matanza vs Cero Miedo Pentagon would be gold.

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Next time I watch Aztec Warfare 2, I will make sure to count Evans' bumps, heh heh, dude is fucking crazy.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Episode #10 wasn't a masterpiece compared to last week's episode, but it was still good and enjoyable!

BeardsOfWarjStylesXL

The Showoff
Reaction score
Website
wcwguy.wix.com
Lucha underground is so good and everyone is so over that it really doesn't matter if they do perfect shows or close to, kind of could be, maybe shows. The promotion is so lights out that it doesn't even matter. Brilliantly influential :)

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Not sure how I feel about Mantanza.
Also, When Vamp got in the ring he was like 3 times bigger than the dude lol. Kinda killed some of his 'aura' tbh. Probably nitpicking but still.

BeardsOfWarjStylesXL

The Showoff
Reaction score
Website
wcwguy.wix.com
Not sure how I feel about Mantanza.
Also, When Vamp got in the ring he was like 3 times bigger than the dude lol. Kinda killed some of his 'aura' tbh. Probably nitpicking but still.

He must be really over when you got Matanza CAWS on community creations for wwe 2k16.... that's when you know he's popular.