Lucha Underground on El Rey

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Rey-Rey turning off the TV angrily was hilarious.

I loved the Pentagon/Puma/Mil angle, and Ladder Match was brilliant.

And yes, Kobra Moon is garbage.

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Kobra Moon sucks.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
I didn't really get into this weeks show, Pentagon and Puma didn't really flow as expected although Mill hitting the double flatliner after tearing off his sling was dope.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I didn't really get into this weeks show, Pentagon and Puma didn't really flow as expected although Mill hitting the double flatliner after tearing off his sling was dope.

I thought Puma vs Pentagon was rock solid given the time constraint. They got in plenty of their stuff in 5 minutes and that match was obviously a tease for a full match 'tween the two somewhere down the line.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
I thought Puma vs Pentagon was rock solid given the time constraint. They got in plenty of their stuff in 5 minutes and that match was obviously a tease for a full match 'tween the two somewhere down the line.
It just felt rushed, there isn't need for them to get plenty of their stuff in given the limited time IMO. The audience know what they can do so why cram it all in?

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Looking very forward to next week. I dunno but I'm going to be putting my money on Fenix to win the belt. It seems by having him win the GOTG belt back last week and cashing it in so soon that I think there might be a changing of the guard. Mil doesn't have a very strong story going on with anyone else so it makes sense to me.

This weeks episode was good... loved every match... but my favorite part was when Johnny hit Cage with the bottle and it just pissed Cage off. That was excellent :)

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
S2E7 observations:

- Mariposa's debut was such a bust. Tito Ortiz TNA re-debut > Mariposa debut. She doesn't look even remotely badass or intimidating, but rather she looks like a goofy humanoid from Star Trek TOS. She might make up for it inside the squared circle, but with this match/angle I suddenly lost all interest in her and The Moth.

- Cool Fenix video and awesome nunchuk fight.

- Cage/Taya was really fun if you're able to ignore the super fake James Storm Props Tribute sequence. Taya is nasty.

- No Dario.
icon_e_sad.gif

- Superb main event, great booking. Mil bodied those two exactly the same way as the last week, which is remarkable and ballsy booking.

- Fenix/Mil next week already, daaaayum! I hope Catrina attachs some crazy gimmick i.e. Cage Match. I think Fenix wins!

- Watching this fed spoiler-free and in HD is stupendously doozy and best shit ever.

- Striker wasn't awful. Vamp was great.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
try to keep these brief in here...

-OMG FAMOUS B IS IN TENNESSEE!!!! They had a nearby area code and... maybe he's next door neighbors with Lockard

-This Marty/Sexy Star feud sucks a massive cock. Can't even tell you why but this whole thing has lost me from the first second outside of kinda chuckling at the Mack's random replacement black guy save, and if it jumped the shark long ago, then it went ashore and died like a beached whale with this Mariposa debut. Figured they'd bring in... like... Awesome Kong or someone to be the sister, so now it's like... over in the Moth's crib Star and her new black friend were like "OMG HIS SISTER IS A CHICK" and being scared shitless, cool. These matches aren't helping.

-Things I love about LUG: The moment I start missing someone, they pop up. Hi Unlikely Trio! Thanks for helping me not bitch about chicks anymore!

-They did a great job getting Taya over as a babyface here. She could be a main eventer with booking like this, by far the most sympathetic character on LUG so far this season. This got hard to watch but was great if you can get past that

-Obligatory "THESE BACKSTAGE SEGMENTS ARE AWESOME!!!!!" in all caps, with a "We Want Dario" added on

-Striker and Vamp are by far the best announce team in wrestling. By. Far.

-Sometimes a lousy show is saved by a great main event. This was a shit show saved by a fanfuckingtastic main event! Seriously this was SO GOOD.
It's sitting in the top 5 of my MOTYC list so far. Definitely the best match of Season 2 so far. Has awesome replay value. It was fifteen minutes of incredible action and GO WATCH THIS.

-If you liked the finish, more power to ya. Him killing Puma and Pentagon at once: :(
It's kinda weird, but I was thinking about how much Mil Muertes would suck in WWE. He's passable in the ring, awful on the mic, take his character away and make him a top guy? Negative buys. It's SO GREAT to be watching shows where they know what they're doing. LYLUG

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Episode #7 was good. I liked everything besides The Moth/Mariposa thing.

And I'd love to add more, but I don't have to, since Rainmaker, Bort and Snowman have already done it!

Fenix FTW next week! It's too good not to happen.

Reactions: Snowman1

Snowman1

Reaction score
Wait... Is Aztec Warfare FOR the championship or not?? It doesn't make sense for Fenix to cash in to be the champ a week before Aztec Warfare.

Snowman1

Reaction score
No spoilers, but... DID I REALLY JUST SEE WHAT I THINK I SAW!? Someone. Tell me I:m not dreaming. That just happened did that just happen!?