Lucha Underground on El Rey

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
:lol1: :yay:

Lucha is love, lucha is life. I loved this show! Think it kinda belonged in the middle since it didn't have the heat episode 1 did, but a storyline episode of LUG is still freaking awesome!

May I make one complaint? One dislike about this show? Well, the horrible people at El Rey hate having nice things, and that's why now Katrina's actually wearing a bra underneath her hourglass top instead of picking like a slightly darker one and bouncing around everywhere. And Melissa Santos is wearing elegant dresses instead of miniskirts. Screw all of you!

Also it's great to feel like it's okay to post that, when it's on a show that books it's women to be so empowered and dominant. If Santos was secretly a fighting machine that on like episode 15 turned around and beat the piss out of Katrina and like Marty the Moth in some sweet ass fighting sequences, we could totally buy it at this point AND it would be fucking awesome AND... Hell, imagining random shit on this show - or just thinking about current storylines is half the fun. Or you can just blindly watch and forget everything like WWE conditioned you to do, and it s still a blast. Watch this show!

Anyway it started with Shao Kahn wearing an arm brace, which is randomly the funniest thing since Deonna. Awesome. :lol1: Striker and Vamp are the best commentary team by a MILE, and Mundo is so good as a heel that even the least important character on the show - Kill Shot - is getting pops like he's Kofi fighting Brock Lesnar. And Cage's weird WWE promo was a strange thing of beauty! Face Cage - the embodiment of everything wrong with American wrestling wrapped up in an actually awesome package -... screw it lets go!

Weekly THESE VIDEO PACKAGES KICK TEN THOUSAND ASSES mention.

So anyway, cool that they signed Justin Gabriel, but he's run into the same issue that his WWE fans ran into times 10 on Lucha Underground. Gabriel was cool back when Ezekiel Jackson was being pushed on Smackdown and Big Show and Khali were top faces and Sheamus was being groomed as the next top guy and everything was an unmitigated disaster, then WWE decided "Lets sign talented people!" and when Seth Rollins and Adrian Neville are out here flying around and doing everything PJ Black could and so much more... well, now he's in GFW. I was SO SAD to see they were feeding The Mack to him, I have no issue with PJ Black being here, but he's just like the sixth dude on this show who does a 450 Splash while the Mack RULES. Flying fat guys FTW... then The Mack pulled the upset!!! All is right with the world! Yay!

So the main event was two guys who can't get along facing a trios team that kayfabe doesn't really exist, with the two winning. Only Lucha Underground can get away with this. This was the most Vince Russo combined with Vince McMahon shit ever and it came across GREAT because Pentagon Jr! By far the most entertaining dude in wrestling right now. GLORY BE TO PENTAGON!

anyway I'm gonna stop typing or else I'll be here all day. Maybe for this thread bringing up little small details is better

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Lucha Underground has been better than Sin Limite, for a while now. Can't say the same about CMLL's Arena Mexico shows or their unamed locally syndicated TV show. But that may be just because I'm their biggest mark.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
is there anywhere i can see the most recent show?

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Another good episode... Love Jack Evans... like Angelico (who needs to be on every show Woohoo) , he moves so fluidly... love watching it. There really was nothing bad about the show. :)

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Holy shit that Aerostar video package was nuts! Did he like travel back in time or something??? :blackshock:

*goes back to watching*

OMGWTFBBQ THAT ENDING

Last edited:

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Forgot the Underground camera angles took a while to get used to, but if that's the only gripe about a show then you're doing something right.

Only watched the first two, can't wait to watch the third.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Holy shit that Aerostar video package was nuts! Did he like travel back in time or something??? :blackshock:

*goes back to watching*

OMGWTFBBQ THAT ENDING
I love how the pre mexicans spoke spanish 1000 years ago, haha (that was a thousand years ago right)

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
:heyman3: deth watches LU AND NJPW

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Prince Bálor's LUG Journey
Season 2, Episode 3: The Hunt is On...
Date: 2/10/16

tumblr_inline_o2cyu4fIZC1r5344l_500.jpg

- Kobra Moon vs Bengala was okay for what it was. *½
Man, I don't remember Bengala being this fat last season. Also, Kobra Moon's gear is the ugliest. Besides that, the match wasn't anything special, but all it needed to do was to establish Kobra's character and how she's able to apply a submission move out of nowhere and put you to sleep.

- Catrina felt a tingle of excitement, because Fenix had come to her office. Fenix asked Catrina to give him King Cuerno. He wants to destroy King Cuerno, Mil Muertes and Catrina.

- That "A Millenia Ago" segment, though... HOLY SHIT! Aero Star can fly through space and time. :yay:

- King Cuerno is seen working out. Catrina appears and is upset he couldn't manage to destroy Fenix. Cuerno says he did what she told him to do, but Catrina wants him to kill the bird once and for all.

- Jack Evans vs Drago was good. ***
I was totally expecting to see an all out high-flying match, but it wasn't as high-flying as I thought it would be. They actually worked with more brawling, even Striker pointed out that Evans was working an 'ugly' style. The match lasted around 8 minutes, but Evans bumped like a psycho that he is. The finish saw Evans winning via bridging Backslide while having one foot on the ropes. This kind of finish begs for a rematch and I'm looking forward to it. Post-match, Evans got on the mic and proclaimed himself as the Dragon Slayer.

- We got a Texano video package! He spoke about his heritage and kicked some ass in a bar fight. He returns next week!

- Prince Puma is seen backstage, when Catrina arrived and asked who he was praying to. The way Catrina spoke came off as Konnan died. She said that Puma will face Penagon next week and maybe Puma will be the one making a sacrifice to his master.

- Fenix vs King Cuerno was a great Last Luchador Standing match! ****
All's I'm gonna say is this: HOLY SHIT!

- I liked the closing segment a lot. Cortez Castro is actually OFFICER REYES who is an undercover cop! And now his partner is coming to The Temple, too... And his name is JOEY RYAN! God, I love this show!

Such a good episode! Looking forward to next week!