Lucha Underground on El Rey

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
They are both under contract with LU. And the new season is being taped. But I'm staying spoiler free

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Is Johnny Mundo and PJ Black still wrestling for Lucha Underground if so how are they doing?

Mundo was awesome in season 1. PJ Black wasn't in LU during season 1, but will be in season 2 along with Mundo.

FYI, season 2 premieres on January 27th, 2016.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
- Hernandez has threatened legal action against Lucha Underground after he lost his job with TNA. Hernandez has reportedly made a claim against Lucha Underground about an unsafe working environment.

The issues with Hernandez, TNA and Lucha Underground began this past summer. Lucha finally officially announced his release in September. As noted, Hernandez began working for TNA and reportedly told them he already had his LU release. It was discovered that he did not have his release and TNA was forced to part ways with him. They were also forced to edit all footage of Hernandez that was recorded while he was under contract to LU.

- Konnan is still under contract to Lucha Underground but hasn't been used and it's not clear if or when he will be used again, according to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter. Konnan's status was apparently a topic of discussion at the recent tapings where Rey Mysterio debuted as he and Rey are close but Konnan wasn't even there.

Source

Hernandez is being a little salty. lol

Wait... What? No Konnan? :rollins4:

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Can just imagine a judge laughing and saying "So this pro wrestling place is an unsafe working environment? No, really?"

Man you agreed to get your ass whipped by a bunch of half legit fans with straps. Don't go crying to a judge because YOU breached contract you dumbass

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Looks like he's trying to get blackballed by everyone in the industry. Don't burn your bridges or else you'll be flipping burgers, you utter bellend.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
tumblr_o0jx5uJicU1sj4xr4o1_500.jpg

:yay:

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Holy shit, what a season premiere of Lucha Underground! It was awesome and I loved every second of it.

- That intro to the episode, though! Vamp is back on commentary, but is on meds. Love it!

- Catrina and Mil Muertes are the new rulers of the temple and are doing everything they can to screw possible threats to their authority.
Oh, and Mil Muertes looked badass on that throne.

- King Cuerno vs Fenix was a great show opener. Both guys worked hard, the match had a great flow and the crowd was invested.
Everything these two did seemed effortless. Ultimately, King Cuerno defeated Fenix with this sumbitch and became the new Gift of the Gods champion.
tumblr_o1n8m2ixsp1sbzhteo1_400.gif

- Ivelisse vs Angelico vs Son of Havoc was a fun 6 minute bout. This was really well done. Ivelisse's booking was believable, both here and later in the ME.

- Catrina and Cuerno have made a deal. Conspiracy!

- Mil Muertes vs Ivelisse was a solid ME. Seeing violence brought upon women makes me uncomfortable, but the booking was done well. They gave Ivelisse some hope spots and kept the crowd invested throughout the match. Mil Muertes retained, of course, and tried to inflict some more pain to Ivelisse post-match, but Prince Puma made the save! As those two had a stare down, Pentagon returned and attacked Mil Muertes. He hit him with a Backstabber and then would proceed to break his arm. HOLY SHIT. Mil Muertes vs Pentagon is gonna be awesome! Also, Vampiro's reaction to Pentagon's actions is interesting and feels like there's more to the story, so I'm looking forward to that.

- Oh, and... 3 random dudes paid 20 bucks to Dario Cueto only to get murdered by Matanza. God, I love this show and Dario Cueto.

What a glorious return by Lucha Underground! I'm so glad it's back! Looking forward to next week's episode!

Reactions: Bort and Snowman1

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
all these days later I still haven't seen all of this... :((

It's sad. But, from what I caught from Mil vs Ivelisse, am I the only one semi-okay with the intergender stuff? Seems like everyone is railing against it.

6 months in the making was worth it for that first segment alone!

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
all these days later I still haven't seen all of this... :((

It's sad. But, from what I caught from Mil vs Ivelisse, am I the only one semi-okay with the intergender stuff? Seems like everyone is railing against it.

6 months in the making was worth it for that first segment alone!
lol such a poser.
I'm cool with it also.

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Reaction score
Just watched the Season 2 premiere. Really good stuff.

I loved how the champion watches all the matches only to fight in the main-event, he is pretty much the wrestling version of Shao Khan. Also, yay for LU sticking to their guns and going for Intergender competition.