Lucha Underground on El Rey

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of intergender, but, at least, it's well-executed.

And Ivelisse looked great in both of her matches.

But, hell, Ivelisse looks great pretty much all the time.

wk

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I'm also completely fine with the intergender wrestling. But then again I'm a big Andy Kaufman fan so that might have something to do with it.

My DVR failed to record this so I was pretty pissed off about it but I finally managed to see it. A really good episode... not a bad thing about it. I liked everything so no need to recap what has already been recapped in the thread.... really looking forward to next episode.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Just heard the episodes are available on the ITunes store now, for those who can't watch. :)

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
:yay:
tumblr_o1vou5rCIy1snhdpvo1_500.png

Reactions: Bort

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
When does season 2 end?

I mean, 2017 is next year and we've had one episode of season 2 so far. Didn't season 1 run into September or October?

wk

Season 1 premiered on October 29th, and concluded on August 5th. This season will probably last a little longer.

The awesome news is, the final show, Ultima Lucha will be 4 hours long! :woohoo:

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
My reaction when I read that LUG season 3 is happening, as well as Ultima Lucha lasting 4 hours:
tumblr_inline_o1u0ibLVtd1r2adsh_500.gif

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
So, I just caught the first episode yesterday (first episode of season 1)
And I must say, I am a fan.
Suuuuch a refreshing 'underground' vibe to it, it's not all about the bright lights and perfect bodies and shit....it's about wrestling! And I think Cueto is a perfect authority figure.
I'm going to catch up as quickly as possible. WWE has been pushed to the back burner for me for now. I'll watch still, but not as closely.

Can't wait to be all caught up!

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Episode #2 was good, despite not being as hot as the season premiere. Things slowed down a bit, which is reasonable and I liked it.

This episode worked to set up some things down the line (Pentagon/Puma, Pentagon/Mil Muertes, and Cage/Mundo), as well as introduce some new faces. 'The Darewolf' PJ Black and ReyRey! Man, I marked for ReyRey at the end of the episode.

We also got three enjoyable matches tonight! Mundo vs Killshot and The Mack vs PJ Black (who had an awesome vignette, by the way) were rock solid given the time constraint and the ME, Pentagon & Puma vs The Disciples of Death was good!

And last but not least, I really enjoyed the commentary. Especially Vamp.