Lucha Underground on El Rey

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
It'd look better if the ref was counting with both his hands instead of just one. I'm kind of sucker for these kinds of match-endings, it's so old school NWA and lucha.

I thought this was a killer episode, the trio match was borderline great and Ryan/Cage was the most enjoyable Joey Ryan edition in like 5 years. They're doing good job in building Cage vs. Mundo. And for the second season in a row, Lucha Underground makes me care for Chavo Junior, which is remarkable.

The most hilarious part was everyone having to pretend they don't know Joey Ryan.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I just love how NXT gave us our best episode in a while, with the main event ending with the most likable paragon of virtue fighting the biggest badass ever, with the match ending in a double pin and it was awesome. Here, the most likable paragonnof virtue faced the biggest badass ever and it was MORE AWESOME.

I love this show so much. Best show of the week, practically every week it's on

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Really enjoyed E5, I liked/loved every match, "scene" and segment. There's like 4-5 quality feuds/angles going on atm and we're already getting our first payoff next week - the ladder match. Oh damn, I can't wait! King Cuerno is the MVP of the season thus far. And Jack Evans rules. And Taya debuted, yes!

Reactions: Snowman1

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Was nice to see a superkick be a finisher for once. And man, Drago's head gear was so evil looking. Loved it. Can't wait for the ladder match.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Just wanna skip the paragraphs and spam hearts in here. <3

That stuff with Catrina in his week's ep, the Dario backstory... King Cuerno will be so good as a babyface... And I love how the wrestling on this show is so good that no matter how lame a match looks going in, you'll be hooked on it within a minute. Has there ever been a match on this show not like that?

MyFreshShoes

The Artiste
Reaction score
Just finished the episode from last week. I like the matches from this episode. All of them are pretty short but they told a lot of story. I also liked Jack Evans bringing his mic game. Dario Cueto went from the A-hole GM to a character that you will sympathize.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Episode #6 was good. I liked everything besides that Kobra Moon/Sexy Star crap.

Needless to say, but man, the ME ruled. Great stuff!

Looking forward to Muertes vs Puma vs Pentagon next week, as well as the Aztec Warfare 3 weeks from now! :yay:

Reactions: Snowman1

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
If someone wants this as their avatar, feel free to grab it! :)
tumblr_o3jvbuGyLk1qdkrl2o1_500.jpg

Snowman1

Reaction score
Two sarcastic notes from this week's show:

1: Holy damn do they explain EVERYTHING on this show, right down to why Famous B's infomercials look like they were played on a scratched VHS tape on a prison TV. Amazing. :lol1: That leads to more unanswered questions, like damn Rey what gives? Do the ancient Aztecs forbid the use of LCD TV's? Would the ghosts of your ancestors fly out of the coffins and piss on him just because he used TiVo? Come on man, call 425-GET-FAME and upgrade yo' shit... Then again, not only are these totally plausible possibilities, but there's a 69% chance of Rey having a CRT tv being explained.

2: Lucha Underground isn't "infamous" for much, but one thing people don't seem to like about this show is how every new person that pops up jobs. Joey Ryan is 0-1 (sry Aids he looked good in defeat tho!). Justin Gabriel is 0-2... the ONE PERSON who just popped up this season is Kobra Moon who is GARBAGE. My goodness the editing in this lmao. This was weird

Anyway, Cuerno vs Fenix didn't live up to expectations set by previous LUG main events, which just puts over these main events more than anything else :eek:tunga: