Lucha Underground on El Rey

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Fuck spoilers dude, sit down, watch Episode 5, marathon it until you're all caught up for tonight's ep. Then we can LD that.

Because it's worth it.

The way you work it.
Well then i'll just have to put my game down, flip it, and reverse it.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
That iron man match was great. Although it wasn't consistent action, with a lot of strategy and stalling, I liked those aspects also. That's definitely a fun way to have a whole episode. Lucha Underground has yet to disappoint even once yet.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Episode #32 was... Umm... FUCKING FABULOUS! :fact:

One match. One show. All night loooong, baybay!

I've thoroughly enjoyed Prince Puma vs Johnny Mundo. Fun-tastic stuff from start to finish and had me marking out left and right!

Thank you, LUG. I love you!

Reactions: Bort

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Damn, there were so many awesome moments in this match!

I loved every single second of it:

tumblr_nq7804ULKb1sbzhteo1_400.gif

tumblr_nq793pV7Nu1sbzhteo1_400.gif

tumblr_nq79wicojx1sbzhteo1_400.gif

tumblr_nq7a3gI4Hd1sbzhteo1_400.gif

tumblr_nq7afhQ6Qh1sbzhteo1_400.gif

tumblr_nq7aot7Q4d1sbzhteo1_400.gif

tumblr_nq7av5WUKq1sbzhteo1_400.gif

tumblr_nq7b413nxA1sbzhteo1_400.gif

tumblr_nq7bhtu72v1sbzhteo1_400.gif

tumblr_nq7cfnmftx1sbzhteo1_400.gif

tumblr_nq7d4vPwWL1sbzhteo1_400.gif

tumblr_nq7dwgVdnJ1sbzhteo1_400.gif

tumblr_nq7efnz1sa1sbzhteo1_400.gif

tumblr_nq7ey1Riu41sbzhteo1_400.gif

tumblr_nq7f5fZ2fK1sbzhteo1_400.gif

HOLY FUCKAMOLE!
tumblr_nq7fgyPwRf1sbzhteo1_400.gif

tumblr_nq7gmoB23L1sbzhteo1_500.gif

tumblr_nq7j2gDjRI1sbzhteo1_400.gif

tumblr_nq7jel79IN1sbzhteo1_400.gif

tumblr_nq7jkw7dGY1sbzhteo1_400.gif

tumblr_nq7jq2YvYX1sbzhteo1_400.gif

Reactions: Jacob Fox

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Now people don't need to watch teh episode. It's up in its entirety in gif form!

• Haha
Reactions: Jacob Fox

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
This was a very entertaining match. When I learned they were going to wrestle for the whole show I thought there would be some dull stuff in the middle but oh, no. It was not like that at all. :dawg:

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
This was a very entertaining match. When I learned they were going to wrestle for the whole show I thought there would be some dull stuff in the middle but oh, no. It was not like that at all. :dawg:

Yeah, that Puma/Mundo match...
18994%20-%20autoplay_gif%20gif%20smiling%20stone_cold_steve_austin%20thumbs_up.gif

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I just can't believe this show...

As Leo was alluding to, when I hear about an "Ironman" match I just dread it. The original Ironman match, while being a "timeless classic" actually blew. I remember the Cena vs Orton one, when a friend of mine was so curious and HAD to d/l it, and he showed it to me and, while he told me it was phenomenal... There was the pyro spot and the final 10 minutes of the best work those two ever did to each other, and 45 minutes of bumblefucking around and going through the motions. This match was so self-aware. This match knew that was an issue and a likely outcome, you can't go balls to the walls for 45 straight minutes... ask Rollins and Ambrose. Make sure the action is great, make sure the filler is entertaining, keep the audience on their toes for 45 straight minutes in this era where we check our phones during 5 minute matches on other shows. That wasn't this.

The other thing is that you can just see the way it was laid out backstage with agents who give a shit, pay attention to detail, and work along with the talents. Make the match work little by little. The storytelling was perfect. The heat spots worked great. And no matter how many times we've seen it or how predictable it may have been, it was so darn difficult to not get into Puma's comeback. The distraction was timed perfectly. I seriously can't put this match over enough.

Oh, and THAT THING WITH THE TABLES. Holy. Damn.

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I just can't believe this show...

As Leo was alluding to, when I hear about an "Ironman" match I just dread it. The original Ironman match, while being a "timeless classic" actually blew. I remember the Cena vs Orton one, when a friend of mine was so curious and HAD to d/l it, and he showed it to me and, while he told me it was phenomenal... There was the pyro spot and the final 10 minutes of the best work those two ever did to each other, and 45 minutes of bumblefucking around and going through the motions. This match was so self-aware. This match knew that was an issue and a likely outcome, you can't go balls to the walls for 45 straight minutes... ask Rollins and Ambrose. Make sure the action is great, make sure the filler is entertaining, keep the audience on their toes for 45 straight minutes in this era where we check our phones during 5 minute matches on other shows. That wasn't this.

The other thing is that you can just see the way it was laid out backstage with agents who give a shit, pay attention to detail, and work along with the talents. Make the match work little by little. The storytelling was perfect. The heat spots worked great. And no matter how many times we've seen it or how predictable it may have been, it was so darn difficult to not get into Puma's comeback. The distraction was timed perfectly. I seriously can't put this match over enough.

Oh, and THAT THING WITH THE TABLES. Holy. Damn.

If you're referring to Shawn Michaels versus Bret Hart as the original iron man match and it blowing, I want to just give you a huge thumbs up. That was one of the most overrated and underwhelming matches in history. It was one excessively boring hour.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
If you're referring to Shawn Michaels versus Bret Hart as the original iron man match and it blowing, I want to just give you a huge thumbs up. That was one of the most overrated and underwhelming matches in history. It was one excessively boring hour.

Yep yep! That was the first match I went back to watch on the Network after hearing a bunch of great amazing things... and it was just a whole hour of nothing. ever. happening. ugggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Yep yep! That was the first match I went back to watch on the Network after hearing a bunch of great amazing things... and it was just a whole hour of nothing. ever. happening. ugggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh

I saw it live, invited some friends over to watch. WWF actually had scheduled Michaels versus Hart for the first ever head that head RAW versus Nitro but cancelled it and started building towards it being the Wrestlemania main event. They took arguably the two best wrestlers in WWF and put them in the most dreadful and boring snooze fest and tacked on a bullshit ending. I'm really happy I'm not the only one that feels that way.

Hell, just the table spot in the LU iron match was better than the entire Michaels and Hart one.