Lucha Underground on El Rey

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
It's not confirmed, some people jumped the gun and that's about it. Good sign? Yes, but nothing is certain right now as we speak.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Lucha Underground Season 2 Update

It appeared there was positive news for Lucha Underground fans yesterday, as a Univision website link listed the show as returning for a second season on October 28, 2015.

Shortly after, people had noted that the website had read this way for several weeks. When we spoke to Lucha Underground star King Cuerno last week, he said that the talent still hadn't been informed of a start date for a second season.

I took this link to a Lucha Underground executive, who seemed surprised by it. He went on to say that details were still being ironed out. He went on to confirm that he was still working on production on season 1, which ends this August.

See Also: Watch Angelico's crazy dive from the top of the arena on last week's Lucha Underground

Lucha Underground has filmed all of it's episodes for the first season, including a big season finale for August.

Lucha Underground went on to issue a response to ProWrestling.net's inquiry about the website, which stated that the information was not accurate and was being updated.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
man damn Bort I thought you left all your downerism in the TNA section. IT'S BEING RENEWED DAMMIT! :yay:

• Haha
Reactions: Jacob Fox

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Episode #29 was such a stellar, highly enjoyable episode! I love you, LUG!

- Johnny Mundo vs Aerostar was a good show opener. Mundo's aggression was showcased here, so I liked seeing that. Also, LOL'd at Vampiro saying "There is a drinking game for every time I say BROTHER, did you know that?" during this match.

- Looking forward to a rematch 'tween Pentagon and Sexy Star. I guess this upcoming rematch is going to set up that future hardcore match 'tween Vampiro and Pentagon.

- Prince Puma vs Hernandez was an effin' good, fun match!

- Mil Muertes vs Fenix was a brutal, uber-awesome ME, I enjoyed every bit of it!
Holy fuckamole, I marked out hard for this! Crazy, just crazy stuff!
tumblr_np1lhrOISB1snhdpvo1_500.gif

- That ending scene featuring The Crew, El Jefe and his brother was so cool, what a way to end the episode! Dayumn, the way they're selling Matanza is incredible, it must be something like Goro from Mortal Kombat. All in all, awesome stuff!

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
It was an awesome show. I can't really add much to what has already been said.

I will admit to being very skeptical about Fenix vs Mil Muertes in the beginning. When Fenix dived over the top rope and bounced off Muertes I expected a squash match and that would have sucked big time. It was a brutal back and forth which was the best way to sell Muertes. Great program.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Dayumn, I still can't get over how rad (and insanely dangerous) this was!
tumblr_np2n1rv8351sbzhteo1_400.gif

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Episode 29

aired: 2015/5/27

Previously on LU, with a GREAT video package focusing on Mil Muertes' comeback, Mundo's rudo turn and Puma/Shaun saga.

Black Lotus is about to enter The Temple but Chavo stops her and tells her to keep it cool.

Aerostar/Mundo was so good, Mundo's rudo turn was effectively displayed throughout the match via renewed attitude and slight changes in his wrestling style, Striker was great in putting over his newfound roughness shown through ground-and-pound style and just the general roughness. Great booking and Aerostar served as the perfect opponent for the new version of Mundo. Also, we finally heard the "PUTO!" chants, fuuuck yes!

Vamp interviews Sexy Star where we learn she's booked against Pentagon Jr. in a Submission Match next week. Nice sitdown, Sexy is good at interviews. Apparently Super Fly is still devastated after the (second) mask loss.

Hernandez/Puma was crazy great, just a shockingly awesome Shaun Hernandez singles match, needless to say the very best singles match effort of his carrer, by a very large margin. I expected just a solid, maybe good match, but what we got is the best damn Prince Puma match in Lucha Underground, and probably the second best fed match ever, only behind Grave Consequences. First things first, Shaun's new gear looks nifty, love it. The match had a tremendous pace and great, dynamic heart-pumping rhythm, just a sumptuous and GRUELING power vs. speed clash with superb storytelling that felt like a true blow-off encounter. Excellent match with two guys busting out their very best for our entertainment.

Mil/Fenix did it again, this time it was a sprint slugfest between two guys despising and beating bajesus out of each other. There was no chance in hell this match would touch GC, but for a Mil return match, it was still spectacular. Mil and Catrina were backed by three mysterios masked figures, those guys who were seen in an earlier Fenix/Catrina locker room segment. Mil was also sporting a new, darker look, he's wearing the Mesias lens now and just in general looks super mean and highly dangerous. There was no blood this time, the weapon usage was minimalistic (yet very brutal), but it didn't stop the match from being super badass and kind of eerie. That powerbomb spot, jeeez, madness. Total madness. Great match with a great booking. Mil is back and it's totally awesome.

Sooo, we're with Dario and The Crew in Dario's basement, he says he warned them what will happen if they lose and embarrass him again. Now a sacrifice has to be made and he tells them to pick one. Poor Bael got the worst out of it as Cortez and Cisco pushed him against the bars and we saw the blood splashing all over their faces. Apparently Bael is offed. Fuck me, they actually did it, someone just got murdered in Lucha Underground. Amazing. RIP Bael.

1. Aerostar vs. Johnny Mundo ***3/4
  2. Lucha Underground Championship: Hernandez vs. Prince Puma (c) ****1/2
  3. DEATHMATCH: Fenix vs. Mil Muertes ****1/4

Reactions: Snowman1

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Fenix getting metaphorically killed followed by Bael getting literally killed was entertaining.