Lucha Underground on El Rey

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Awesome stuff!
tumblr_nop4xeeTPX1snhdpvo1_r1_250.gif

tumblr_nopgltZlSU1snhdpvo1_500.gif

LOL. Cueto.
tumblr_nopgltZlSU1snhdpvo2_500.gif

tumblr_nop4xeeTPX1snhdpvo6_r1_250.gif

And of course, the absolute highlight of the episode.
tumblr_nop4xeeTPX1snhdpvo8_r1_250.gif

Reactions: Bort

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Yeah it was great following NXT with this episode. This has been a great week for wrestling for me. Payback was good, Raw was good, Unstoppable was immaculate and Lucha Underground was phenomenal.

I have tto say Angelico has easily become my favorite guy in LU. And it's not just because of his amazing bodypress and missile dropkick. The man makes his moves look so fluid and effortless. He's probably a eunuch after that ladder got slammed into his balls with the chair, but I have nothing against eunuchs. Really, I don't. :damn:

Great show all around.

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
So, I guess it's safe to say The Crew is done after yet another loss. They'll end up as a cannon fodder for Matanza.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I have absolutely no idea how to respond to that. Congrats, you're one of like 3 people to ever render me speechless.

Well, you're welcome. :)

Whenever I come across some cool pics or gifs of the awesome LUG stars like Angelico, Pentagon, Prince Puma, etc... I'll make sure to post 'em here.

Speaking of sharing awesome stuff... I know Okada is your boi, so I'll surprise you with that if I come across it.

Reactions: Jacob Fox

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Speaking of sharing awesome stuff... I know Okada is your boi, so I'll surprise you with that if I come across it.

That would be absolutely great, thanks! :D But I'll of course snatch one of the Angelico ones for now .

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
A very rare bad mark for... parts of this show this week, at least.

I'm not sure if it's just something in my head, but it feels like the commentary should have gotten over how this match is "punishment" for Marty the Moth. This fat dude comes bumrushing into the Temple and is so weird that even Dario won't let someone who wants to inflict some VIOLENCE into his sacred temple, but after interfering, he says "Marty, fine. Want to be part of it? Here's a shot at the champ. Good luck, kid!"... Pretending that's the meaning behind this, it both puts the title over AND the show over as an alternative to the Borethority coming out and announcing handicap matches and fights against THE BIGGEST DUDE as punishment... well... I don't know, Marty the Moth vs Big Ryck = buys. Anyway, good job getting Marty over as little more than a pushover. Hashtag Remember Fandango vs Jericho. Marty is freaking incredible though, with him taking pictures and feeling SO COOL with his cheapshots he surely saw in his massive Coliseum Home Video library before doing a few pretty sweet dropkicks before Puma eventually shrugged his shoulders and crushed him like a fly... err... moth. Bonus points for Konnan barking orders and keeping Puma's head in the game, because he has a reason to exist. Everyone on this show does. Even Hernandez, unfortunately.

Fun Fact: When Matt Striker said Hernandez is a 20 year veteran, he wasn't kidding. He literally started wrestling in 1995. Charlotte has been wrestling since 2013. Let that sink in

Good mark: By far the best damn interview of Johnny Mundo's career! Great explanation and I love how between Hernandez and Johnny Mundo, they're willing to play off the history that happened in other promotions and tie it INTO their current history. Morrison's a rock star who has an ego and can back it up, but doesn't like being outshined by the NEW HOTNESS. Maybe next week AEP will come out and talk about how when he was winning Royal Rumbles and wrestling Edge's last match and etching his place in wrestling history, Mundo was tagging with fucking Snooki. Isn't that the end of the world? Wink. :adr:

Fun Fact: Mundo and the New Day had the best non-Owens promos of the week. Let that sink in

Bad mark: Daivari on my TV, and more about the history of other promotions. I wonder if the AAA viewers see Mundo talking about punching people in catering and are as confused as I am watching people give a shit about Texano. All I've seen this guy do is get his shit kicked in repeatedly by Dorito and be the Kill Shot of another trios team, and now he's feuding with a Smackdown jobber because he was thrown into him. yay.

AHHHHHH WHAT'S BIG RYCK DOING IN THE TEMP... ahhhh. Right, shit that makes sense! :yay: Lazy ass entitled Daivari pays the guy who only cares about money to do his work for him. Yay, wrestling!

Good mark: Katrina on my TV, and how a show with disappearing hotties and skeleton armies and caged up giants and people legit turning into fucking DRAGONS winds up being the most realistic wrestling show on TV

Bad mark: Chavo on my TV, and whatever the hell this Black Lotus thing is. We'll see

so this was the worst episode of LUG ever (yes, the rest were that good!!!!) until OH SHIT THAT MAIN EVENT!!!

There is no bigger lock in wrestling than a Lucha Underground main event. I can see a shitty Owens/Zayn segment before a bad match happens on LUG. Every single bit of this match was insane! I loved Havoc and Angelico finding ways to fight off three thugs at once. I loved Bael flying through the window and then back out of it. I loved one of these guys being thrown off the top through two tables before Son of Havoc (at least theoretically) was going to Shooting Star the shit out of a second. I loved Ivelisse doing all she could before one dude just walked up and socked the life out of her. I loved the spot where HOLY SHIT ANGELICO DID IT AGAIN AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH... Damn, this made the first epic dive look tame by comparison! I mean... that one was so random and unexpected and perfect that it couldn't be topped, but... Holy fuckballs! He threw himself OFF the balcony, OVER a crew of fans, into the ring, to hit the PRECISE SPOT where dude was climbing the ladder with NOBODY to catch him... Good lord! Angelico is the best dude in pro wrestling by a damn lightyear and anyone who cheers against "your unlikely trio" does not have a pulse. Or a heart. They deserve all your love and admiration, your cute lil' puppy-wuppy can go find a new home!

...uhhh... yeah. Lucha Underground. Wednesday nights. 8 PM. Remember it when Raw goes back to sucking again (I give it 5 hours)

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
. I loved the spot where HOLY SHIT ANGELICO DID IT AGAIN AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH... Damn, this made the first epic dive look tame by comparison! I mean... that one was so random and unexpected and perfect that it couldn't be topped, but... Holy fuckballs! He threw himself OFF the balcony, OVER a crew of fans, into the ring, to hit the PRECISE SPOT where dude was climbing the ladder with NOBODY to catch him... Good lord! Angelico is the best dude in pro wrestling by a damn lightyear

Truer words may never have been spake. In less nerdy talk: You said it!

I'm aware I used a past tense when I should have used the past participle. Get off my case!

Last edited: