Lucha Underground on El Rey

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Fuck Shaun, I agree. Luckily they didn't go overboard with the interference. At least it advanced the story with Season 6 Tony Soprano and Prince Jaguar.

Dario fucking stole the show, by a large margin. Also huge props to The Crew for selling Matanza that way.

Reaction score
I need to watch more LU. Watched the first two episodes and the Casket Match, anyone have a good place to start?

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I need to watch more LU. Watched the first two episodes and the Casket Match, anyone have a good place to start?

If you can get the episodes, I say start at the beginning and just keep going. It's such an excellent show, you can't go wrong.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Dario Cueto is such a treat to watch. Dude's a wonderful actor and an excellent authority figure, and definitely a breath of fresh air compared to the usual authority figures in wrestling that I've been used to seeing for the past fifteen years or so.

Nothing again the in-ring product, but these backstage segments (especially ones that feature Dario) truly are the highlight of the show for me.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Kewl art
tumblr_nn9c4m2flV1qkkqx2o1_500.jpg

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Episode #26 was so enjoyable!

- Fn' loved the intro to the episode featuring DC, AEP and Mundo!

- Angelico & Havoc vs Cortez & Castro was a good match!

- Cueto/Daivari segment was kewl. I like to inflict pain/10

- Texano/Daivari ended the way I thought it would, but it's cool, 'cause it further cements their feud. I'd love to see these two in a hardcore match.

- Prince Puma & Hernandez vs Cage & Cuerno was some good stuff, definitely. Hernandez turning on Puma was expected, so I can't wait to see Puma go through Hernandez a couple of weeks from now.

- Black Lotus segment was kewl. All that super hard training is prolly gonna lead to Matanza fucking her up real bad, I'd assume, then she goes back to training even harder and the good would finally defeat the bad.

- El Patrón vs Johnny Mundo was an awesome ME! I loved it!

- Catrina trying to revive (and succeeding) Mil Muertes was a very cool way to close the show!

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Episode #26 was so enjoyable!

- Fn' loved the intro to the episode featuring DC, AEP and Mundo!

- Angelico & Havoc vs Cortez & Castro was a good match!

- Cueto/Daivari segment was kewl. I like to inflict pain/10

- Texano/Daivari ended the way I thought it would, but it's cool, 'cause it further cements their feud. I'd love to see these two in a hardcore match.

- Prince Puma & Hernandez vs Cage & Cuerno was some good stuff, definitely. Hernandez turning on Puma was expected, so I can't wait to see Puma go through Hernandez a couple of weeks from now.

- Black Lotus segment was kewl. All that super hard training is prolly gonna lead to Matanza fucking her up real bad, I'd assume, then she goes back to training even harder and the good would finally defeat the bad.

- El Patrón vs Johnny Mundo was an awesome ME! I loved it!

- Catrina trying to revive (and succeeding) Mil Muertes was a very cool way to close the show!

Agree on all points. I think Lucha Underground may be the best wrestling in America right now (since it is self described as Lucha style for America).

And what about that Angelico? Apart from that amazing body press, the man moves more fluidly than any wrestler I have seen in a while. I'm very happy I began catching this show because it's really good.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Agree on all points. I think Lucha Underground may be the best wrestling in America right now (since it is self described as Lucha style for America).

And what about that Angelico? Apart from that amazing body press, the man moves more fluidly than any wrestler I have seen in a while. I'm very happy I began catching this show because it's really good.

LUG (along with NXT) is definitely the best wrestling show in America.
It's just so cool. I always have a blast watching their product.

Yeah, Angelico is very cool. Everything this man does seems effortless.
He's not a small dude by any means, and dayumn, he's got those long legs, so it's always a treat watching him deliver those knee strikes to his opponents.

And I'm very happy this show exists and I'm also happy a lot of people are lovin' it, too!

Thank you, Lucha Underground. I love you so much!

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Episode 26

aired: 2015/5/6

Previously on LU. Damn, I could watch that Angelico dive all day long. It's made for highlight reels. Dario's office, both Alberto and Mundo complain about Hernandez having the title shot and they both want a match, so Dario books them for main event, winner faces Shaun next week in a NEW No. 1 contender's match. Great, highly cinematic segment.
The opener was good, I loved Ivelisse (hot legs, fuck!) yelling ringside all the time, it was fun annoying. Also, very consistent within her character traits. Angelico uses his knees in very creative ways, like no one else in wrestling today. Cisco was awesome too. Really neat tag action that set up the Trios Title rematch.

Dario's office, there sits Daivari and he's being a total 101 douche. Probably hanging on Twitter, that douche. Dario books him against Texano tonight.

Locker room, Konnan is konnaning and trying to bury the hatchet between Puma and Shaun, it felt like separating two rabid dogs. Here comes Dario and books Puma and Shaun in a tag team match, against Cage and Cuerno. Awesome segment.

Daivari/Texano didn't even last for 10 seconds as Texano got himself DQed. Melissa dropping the SHIT bomb as Texano was storming to the ring furiously was hilarious.

CuernoCage/PumaShaun was really good, I'd like to see Cuerno and Cage teaming together more frequently, if possible of course. They look like a great duo. Puma and Shaun were on and off when it comes to be on the same page, mostly because Shaun was a total shitcunt, and it was only a matter of time before turning on Puma. Good storytelling.

BLACK LOTUS TIME! Hell yeah! She thinks she's ready but quickly changes her mind after not being able to hit El Dragon Azteca even once. His voice is mesmerizing. I love this angle, such an amazing presentation. They're hyping up MATANZA~ like a motherfucker.

Alberto/Mundo was fantastic, they really hit each other hard on multiple occasions and went balls-to-walls in telling a story about competition and bragging rights. I loved, loved, LOVED the closing stretch, it was highly dramatic and exciting, not to mention the amazing finish. Excellent finish.

We get one last segment to cap off this great episode. And holy shit, Catrina is BACK! And it seems she's bringing Mil "Pasqual Mendoza" Muertes with her. That's so groovy. Apparently she's the Melissandre of Lucha Underground, that's so awesome. Amazing ending.
  1. Cortez Castro & Mr. Cisco vs. Son of Havoc & Angelico ***1/2
  2. Delavar Daivari vs. Texano Jr. N/A
  3. King Cuerno & Cage vs. Prince Puma & Hernandez ***1/2
  4. Alberto el Patron vs. Johnny Mundo ****1/4

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
BLACK LOTUS TIME! Hell yeah! She thinks she's ready but quickly changes her mind after not being able to hit El Dragon Azteca even once. His voice is mesmerizing. I love this angle, such an amazing presentation. They're hyping up MATANZA~ like a motherfucker.

Matanza had better be something good (when it's finally revealed)! Like, I don't know, Goro from Mortal Kombat :happy: