Lucha Underground on El Rey

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
The opening Trios match today is a strong match of the year candidate. It was great. I shan't mention anything else but it was great.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Episode #23 was stellar, I had a blast watching it!

- King Cuerno, Texano & Cage vs Puma, Mundo & Hernandez was great, I loved it! Seriously, this has to be one of the best tag team matches I've seen in 2K15 thus far!

- Cage vs The Mack vs Son of Havoc was sooo fn' good!

- Pentagon Jr. is pure greatness!
tumblr_inline_nmwdalAgOg1qkwso3_500.gif

- Drago vs Aerostar was a good ME.

I'm really looking forward to next week's episode, it's gonna be so fabulous!

Reactions: Bort

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
So, I'm wanting to get a couple of LU episodes for a friend who's one of these "wwe/tna only" guys, begging him to watch, and hoping it turns out better than the last time we watched wrestling together haha.
But, besides the episode with Grave Consequences on it (as that one's obvious), which ones would you all recommend? :)

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
So, I'm wanting to get a couple of LU episodes for a friend who's one of these "wwe/tna only" guys, begging him to watch, and hoping it turns out better than the last time we watched wrestling together haha.
But, besides the episode with Grave Consequences on it (as that one's obvious), which ones would you all recommend? :)

Episode #18 and #20 ruled! If he doesn't end up liking 'em, release you inner Pentagon Jr!

Reactions: Snowman1

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Ah, those kinds of people. I remember when I did that. How silly of me. Missed live Scott Steiner due to that mindset.
Anywho, the casket match would be cool. Aztec Warfare was pretty good also iirc, no?

• Haha
Reactions: Snowman1

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Dude, just give up before it's too late. I'm done trying to prove anything to those people. You could show them a five star match followed by a five star vignette followed by a five star in-ring promo, and they'd still ask you something stupid out of their narrow-minded universe.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
** SPOILERS ** Lucha Underground Taping Results From This Weekend

Lucha Underground filmed several sets of shows this weekend. It's worth noting that the company may have filmed things out of order.

* Jack Evans defeated Cheerleader Melissa in a dark match

* Texano Jr defeated Johnny Mundo via DQ

* The Mack defeated Cage.

* Fenix won a battle royal for the Lucha Underground Aztec Medallion

* Cage defeated The Mack in a Falls Count Anywhere match

* The Disciples of Death defeated Angelico, Ivelisse & Son of Havoc for the Trios Titles

* Drago defeated Hernandez in a Fan Lumberjack Strap match

Source

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Lucha Underground Finale Spoilers

Lucha Underground taped the show for Ultima Lucha yesterday in Los Angeles, with the show looking like it will run in August. While the company said at the tapings there would be a season two, when we reached out to the company, they were unsure of when that would be.

* Mariachi Loco won a battle royal

* Johnny Mundo defeated Alberto El Patron

* Pentagon Jr defeated Vampiro in a hardcore match

* Fenix defeated Aero Star, Bengala, Big Ryck, King Cuerno, Jack Evans and Sexy Star to win the Lucha Underground Gift Of The Gods

* Blue Demon Jr defeated Texano Jr in a No DQ match.

* Mil Muertes defeated Prince Puma (c) to win the Lucha Underground Championship

Source

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Spoiler for a Pentagon pic after Ultima Lucha taping:
pp5D7GT.jpg

Also, Vampiro said he put together the Grave Consequences match. Vampiro is a genius.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Spoiler for a Pentagon pic after Ultima Lucha taping:
pp5D7GT.jpg

Also, Vampiro said he put together the Grave Consequences match. Vampiro is a genius.

Hi, Pentagon! You look... Different. :adr:

- Oh yeah, props to Vampiro!

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Episode 24

aired: 2015/4/22

Black Lotus video! She's writing a diary and thinks she's ready to fight Matanza after 8 weeks of intense training. It's test time, she handles some scrubs pretty easily, but Dragon Azteca puts her back in her place. The anger is her weakness. This was awesome.

Sexy/Pentagon was good. Melissa was enthusiastic at announcing Sexy Star, not so much for Pentagon. Really nice, rough match, Pentagon did not spare her, he was toying with her but then paid the big price and lost clean. Although there is a feeling Pentagon would've won if he took her more seriously, this is still a big win for SS, especially after the mask match victory, and especially considering LU is being serious about the "everyone's equal" thing.

Mundo is flexing backstage, here comes Alberto and mocks him for all the big match losses. Mundo bring the slap incident, lel. They're laying some strong foundations for this feud.

I didn't really like the 3-way trio match, it was just decent. Ivelisse's injury really hurt the flow and many ideas had to be dropped instantly, I reckon. It's hard to improvise properly with a bunch of guys in the ring at the same time. The highlight was Daivari beating the shit out of Texano.

The disfunctional trio surprisingly wins, but wait, there's more! Dario pulls The Crew trio out of his sleeve and books a REAL final match of the tournament. Dario is a dick.

Main event was much better and The Crew boys laid a proper beatdown on the babyfaces. Ivelisse's injury was worked around much better this time. Mr. Cisco was the MVP of the first half, dude's just awesome in brawling, love him. And Jesus Fuck at Angelico's dive, that's the greatest stunt in LU history. The climax of the match was awesome, great finish and fantastic storytelling.

1. Sexy Star vs. Pentagon Jr. ***
  2. Trios Title Tournament - FINALE: King Cuerno, Texano Jr., Cage vs. Big Ryck, The Mack, Killshot vs. Ivelisse, Son of Havoc, Angelico **3/4
  3. Trios Title Tournament - REAL FINALE: Ivelisse, Son of Havoc, Angelico vs. The Crew (Cortez Castro, Mr. Cisco, Bael) ***1/2

2G1xvTs.gif

OMG.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Episode #24 was good!

- Liked that Black Lotus vignette. I'm hyped for her match against DC's monster!

- Sexy Star vs Pentagon Jr was good stuff. Everything about this match was booked well.

- That backstage segment featuring Mundo and AEP... Oh yeah, keep hyping me up for Mundo vs El Patrón!

- Angelico, Ivelisse & Son of Havoc vs Texano, Cage & King Cuerno vs Big Ryck, The Mack & Killshot was a decent match. Also, Daivari getting involved and beating the hell out of Texano was so nice to see. Those bitch slaps, doe!

- Angelico, Ivelisse & Son of Havoc vs The Crew was a good ME. Holy fuckamole, that huge dive by Angelico ruled the fucking world, I marked out! So, the most dysfunctional team gets to win the Trios titles and they're the inaugural Trios champs... Sweet!

Reactions: Bort

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Daivari beating Texano up and bitchslapping him was a highlight. Idk if it was that FREAKING INSANE DIVE or what, but I marked out for the ME, seriously. I was so happy the good guys won, lol. A great match there.