Lucha Underground on El Rey

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Catching up with Lucha, E20 was excellent, Son of Havoc scooping his first win, dumping that bitch and celebrating with the ringside fans was groovy. Texano and Alberto had another fun brawl. Cage/Puma was excellent and it ended the feud in a satisfying fashion.

I've been watching pro-wrestling for a very long time, and honest to gods I don't fucking remember a weekly show this consistent. It's fun, it's witty, it's pure camp. Interesting characters, great matches (especially feud enders), well-written rivalries with clear cut endings. It's everything i want from my North American TV wrestling. They actually made me like Chavo and Morrison, 'nuff said.

E21 tomorrow.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I totally forgot to bitch about them signing Hernandez. Dammit. Oh, well.

Agree with everything Bort just said up there. This show is tremendous.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
tumblr_nge9qicJg91qlhou3o1_500.png

Snowman1

Reaction score
E21 may be the worst episode of Lucha Underground yet... Yep. The first 20 episodes were THAT good.

Think Angelico vs Johnny Mundo was what I was getting at with the Raw review when talking about "the happy feeling of a show". While this match was meaningless going in, you had a feeling that not only would the match clearly be GREAT, all caps and everything, but it would be useful by the end of it... and sure enough, they did an AMAZING job of telling the story of "the main eventer Mundo and the job guy Angelico are really equals, Morrison just got lucky on this night". Shoot, he even got an awesome crucifix powerbomb in that Mundo BARELY grabbed the bottom rope out of. And at the end, you know since Lucha Underground REWARDS you for paying attention, in the end you can feel like "Wow, they really did do a good job with Angelico here" without that sinking feeling of "he's just gonna be another midcard guy next, w/e" that's stuck in the back of your mind with Cena vs Ambrose, because they've created an enviroment where you can look at wrestling that way.

I don't remember many specific things from them, but hot damn do I still love the Lucha Underground backstage shenanigans. LOVE. Love the trios title. Love AEP feuding with Not Texano. Love Big Ryck having a new crew. Hate the Sexy Star character but we'll see.

ANGELA FONG WANTS TO AVENGE THE DEATH OF HER PARENTS WITH SHOOT HURRICANRANAS AND PLANCHAS. :lol1:

"Match Four in a Best of Five Series where the winner gets... a unique opportunity!" haha, I love this. Happy Drago brought a much more aggressive attitude for his "elimination match"

Also, not sure if you've heard, but Pentagon Jr. is effing awesome. Peace, guys.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I feel ashamed I haven't watched this since the second episode.

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Cool episode once again, they hit the reset button quite successfully and we got two new characters and lots of new stories on the horizon. A new chapter has begun! Black Lotus is alive!

Reactions: Snowman1

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score
This was my second week back watching after a rather lengthy break. I honestly can't work out why I stopped watching in the first place, especially when they manage to be consistently awesome.

Reactions: Snowman1

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Enjoyed the episode #22.

- Liked the intro to the episode. I always do!

- Son of Havoc, Ivelisse & Angelico vs Drago, Aerostar & Fenix was so fun and action-packed. Everything was great here, the issue of the love triangle, as well as the animosity 'tween Drago and Aerostar were showcased and everything worked out great.

- Sexy Star vs Super Fly was good. A mask vs mask match seemed a bit out of the blue as Vamp and Matt had pointed out, but still, it was a good match.
Ahh, finally! The violence of Pentagon, Jr is back! [HASHTAG]#CeroMiedoPerros[/HASHTAG]

- Prince Puma vs King Cuerno for the LUG title was a good ME. Holy fuckamole, that crazy over the top rope dive by Mundo was out of this world!

Looking forward to seeing more!

Reactions: Bort

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Came across this info on Tumblr, regarding the season finale of LUG:

According to reports, this will be taped on April 19th and will be a two hour special that airs on August 5th. Following this, Lucha Underground will go into an off season like a normal television show. No word yet as a return date.

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Dario's office. Dario's with Puma and Konnan and he says he wants the Trio Championship to be just as big as Puma's strap, therefore he needs to find two partners to face off against his tonight's (title match) opponent Cuerno and two other dudes he shall not name.

Ivelisse, Havoc, Angelico/Fenix, Aerostar, Drago was good enough, although the parts of it were somewhat silly in the way they gave too much space to their personal grudges at the match outcome expense. Good match, though, Son of Havoc scooped another win and the surprised looks on the faces of Ivelisse and Douche were worth of silliness.

Puma's training, Konnan arrives and happily declares he's already found the partner No. 1 for next week, it's Shaun Hernandez, hermano. But hey, Puma's already found the partner too, and it's Mundo! Tensions! Konnan's constant push for Spanglish is very amusing.

Super Fly/Sexy Star was good. Of course it didn't touch Fly's previous (!) mask loss, but for this situation, the match was totally okay and the announcers sold Dario's nasty dickness very well. Both competitors worked a rough style that was demanded by the angle. Normally I'd be mad as hell about an impromptu mascara contra mascara match, but here it made sense. Kind of.

Pentagon! Bye-bye, Fly! That's what happens when you don't protect the business!

Cuerno/Puma was good, but still it was the "weakest" Puma title defense so far, probably because the actual match was set as a prelude to the next week trio clash (that looks very groovy), and the match was basically one big angle. Cuerno's teammates are Texano and Cage, btw. Unlike in other Puma defenses, this match had that one good old lucha sequence where his opponent dominated him for awhile before an inevitable comeback. I love good rudo workovers. Eventually Hernandez got too involved and Puma didn't want any help from him, he won and then we got a big brawl to cap off the show.

1. Trios Title Tournament: Ivelisse, Son of Havoc, Angelico vs. Fenix, Aerostar, Drago ***
  2. Mask vs. Mask: Super Fly vs. Sexy Star ***1/4
  3. Lucha Underground Championship: King Cuerno vs. Prince Puma (c) ***1/2

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Snowman1

Reaction score
I'm out of words for this.

Also I love how whenever I make a big rant in the Rate Raw section, whatever it is I'm ranting about is addressed PERFECTLY on Lucha Underground. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Prince Bálor