Lucha Underground on El Rey

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Dario Cueto - The coolest authority figure in wrestling right now.
tumblr_nn7zk9guJT1rm7wbjo1_500.png

tumblr_nn9r77MT3Z1qm9odpo2_500.png

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Dario Cueto - The coolest authority figure in wrestling right now.
tumblr_nn7zk9guJT1rm7wbjo1_500.png

tumblr_nn9r77MT3Z1qm9odpo2_500.png

Hahaha that's amazing!

I was just thinking at work about how the Dario character actually works doing a gimmick that couldn't be any more dead, but... Part of it is that he's... kind of a babyface. He wants and deserves the admiration of the fans. He created the Temple, he created Lucha Underground.

Also many times I've had to wipe the years of watching Raw out of my mind - for example, I HATED Star for not speaking up against Dario putting her in that match with Ryck, but: With Dario, what he says, goes. You either wrestle the matches he says or you hit the bricks. It's not for the faint of heart, and not to make you want to see Cueto get his comeuppance like every other pointless GM angle, it's that's simply to prove that the wrestlers themselves have a ton of heart, enough heart to be able to withstand these conditions to do what they love, while he has friends turn on each other and makes victims and assailants work together and throws out surprise matches because that's what makes wrestling compelling... and he's doing a damn good job of it.

Seen too many John Cena whinefests I guess. He's such a terrible chef.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I just got around to watching it and I guess my biggest impression was the one that most have mentioned.... that dive from Angelico was absolutely fucking awesome... I had to rewind and watch it three or four times. It totally made me forgive the silliness of Matt Striker pretending not to know who Daivari was.

All in all, a great show. It was nearly as good as the previous one, but again, that dive by Angelico is going to be remembered for years.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I've said it before, but that Daivari beatdown was such a win. The fact that he got SO angry that Texano fell on him to the point he ripped his clothes off and just beat the s**t out of another man and legit bitchslapped him multiple times is just pure greatness. The crowd going CRAZY for it and the fact he's much smaller than Texano just made it even better.

Reactions: Bort

Snowman1

Reaction score
Aren't they going to have a team in the AAA Lucha World Cup?

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I've said it before, but that Daivari beatdown was such a win. The fact that he got SO angry that Texano fell on him to the point he ripped his clothes off and just beat the s**t out of another man and legit bitchslapped him multiple times is just pure greatness. The crowd going CRAZY for it and the fact he's much smaller than Texano just made it even better.

I have a soft spot for Daivari because when he and Muhammed Hassan teamed up against Hulk Hogan and Shawn Michaels, Hulk Hogan is said to have thrown a hissy fit backstage because part of his agreement to work with WWE was that opponents not use much aerial moves against him. Also because he's a excellent wrestler who gets put in the hated heel space way too often for having Iranian heritage. Loved it when he got pissed off, loved it when he tore the shirt off and loved the beatdown. :)

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
This was my first episode of watching Lucha Underground and I have to say it was a pretty well-spent 45 minutes of my time.

-How Pentagon Jr. wrestled that entire match with Sexy Star without getting a boner is beyond me. Consummate professional.
-I love the movie/documentary-like way they have of shooting the backstage segments and the cinematography they use during the matches (especially the overhead camera shot in the ring.)
-Loved that the triple-threat tag team elimination match was, you know, an actual triple threat match. I'm used to seeing WWE's version of it where despite being a triple-threat between three teams, they still only allow two men to be in the ring at the same time.
-Loved seeing Willie Mack in action. WWE hired him and originally planned on putting him through their developmental system last year but then released him before he even officially debuted in NXT. Not sure why.
-Angelico's dive into the ring at the end was pretty awesome.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
This was my first episode of watching Lucha Underground and I have to say it was a pretty well-spent 45 minutes of my time.

-How Pentagon Jr. wrestled that entire match with Sexy Star without getting a boner is beyond me. Consummate professional..

He may be a consummate professional. The only way we'll know for sure is by watching him closely next time he wrestles Angelico.

Okay, on the record, I feel really bad about that joke.

Reactions: Leo C

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
He may be a consummate professional. The only way we'll know for sure is by watching him closely next time he wrestles Angelico.

Okay, on the record, I feel really bad about that joke.

Had a gut feeling when typing that joke that he would turn out to be gay. My gaydar is broken and needs repairing.

Reactions: Jacob Fox

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Episode #25 was so stellar, I had a blast watching it! I love you, Lucha Underground!

- Very cool intro to the episode. Dario Cueto rules! He's easily the coolest authority figure in pro-wrestling right now!

- Fenix vs Killshot was good stuff.

- Man, I thoroughly enjoy these backstage segments. The ones featuring Cueto talking to Drago/Puma/Hernandez were cool.

- Texano going berserk on everyone (that got their arms broken by Pentagon) was a sight to see. Good stuff!
Oh yes, I cannot wait for Texano vs Daivari!

- That whole Dario Cueto/The Moth segment outside the temple was hilarious.

- Hernandez vs King Cuerno vs Cage was fun to watch. At one point, Marty 'The Moth' gets involved, Cuerno greets him with a dropkick, Hernandez gives him a huge slap and then Cage throws him out the ring. That was hilarious! LOL. Looks like LUG have found themselves their own CJ Parker. But anyways, now that Hernandez is the new #1 contender for the LUG title, this will be an interesting dynamic, considering Hernandez and Puma are supposed to be 'buddies'.

- All I'll say is LOL at Vampiro's facial expressions while interviewing the Trios champs.

- Prince Puma vs Drago was absolutely fun-tastic, I enjoyed every bit of it! Both guys were tremendous.
Some of my favorite moments:
tumblr_nnm7xrVgQv1snhdpvo1_250.gif

tumblr_nnm7xrVgQv1snhdpvo3_r1_250.gif

tumblr_nnm7xrVgQv1snhdpvo4_r1_250.gif

tumblr_nnm7xrVgQv1snhdpvo5_r1_250.gif

tumblr_nnm7xrVgQv1snhdpvo6_r1_250.gif

tumblr_nnm7xrVgQv1snhdpvo7_r1_250.gif

tumblr_nnm7xrVgQv1snhdpvo8_r1_250.gif

tumblr_nnm7xrVgQv1snhdpvo9_r1_250.gif

tumblr_nnm7xrVgQv1snhdpvo10_r1_250.gif

Puma sells like an absolute boss, there's nothing that this guy can't do!

Goodbye, Drago. I'll miss you.

Dayumn, that ending scene from this episode featuring Dario Cueto and Drago was like straight out of the B-movie, I loved it!

Reactions: Snowman1

Snowman1

Reaction score
That was an absolutely insane episode of Lucha Underground! Fun to see Fenix again, and that main event may have been the best damn singles match this company has put on to date. Seriously, I came into this wondering why I should really care or take Drago seriously (again, a thought process I have to grow out of as wrestling evolves into the 21st century) other than A: Prince Puma, and B: this show delivers 99% of the time... and this was NO DAMN EXCEPTION. That dive over the ropes was insane, a springboard roundhouse, a.. thing I don't even know what to call it, a bunch of amazing stuff I don't even remember, A CANADIAN DESTROYER! I marked so hard. Halfway through the match, I was up and jumping for this Drago dude who, while his matches with Aerostar were all good, he never truly impressed me... and now... he's gone. :sad: Well, gone after turning into a FREAKING DRAGON. :O Never walk out of those temple walls, Lucha Underground.

Actually there was one fault... Okay, around this time last year TNA signed Snitsky because he was in WWECW. It didn't matter, but everyone hated that TNA brought him in at all because the dude is absolutely atrocious... Then... To play off of 2007 TNA, which I don't even remember nor care about with the Impact Wrestling award here... why are you using Hernandez for the very same reason? Fuck this guy. Fuck his dynamic arsenal of shoulder tackles and his stupid facial expressions, fuck his lousy selling and that lame ass gangster walk. I hate his muscles and his face. Yes, yes, he did tremendous stuff with Konnan and Homicide back in the day, but... Then he had a singles run and that bombed hard, so he fell into a tag team with Matt Morgan which sucked, and then did an injury angle that sucked, a comeback that sucked lead to a feud with Morgan that sucked, then the Mexican America thing which sucked more than anything has ever sucked before, he put on matches that sucked with world-class workers in the BFG Series, then Chavo came around and I just realized they're in the same promotion and OMG KEEP THEM AWAY FOREVER. The best thing this guy did post-LAX was get his car stolen to promote a repo game show on Spike. This dude is a complete joke, and the moment he's actually in the ring the first bad match in Lucha Underground happens... and now he's #1 contender because of Dude Bayley who might be Cage's next feud and *headdesk*

(there ya go Prince I owed you one)

But here's the thing: Konnan and possibly Dario will be carrying this feud. Puma will be able to work with a pretty big grudge, a new angle for a guy who's worked a surprising amount of different ones. The only thing in LUG history I've ever understood and even slightly disliked was the Son of Havoc/Angelico/Ivelisse thing, and we all see just how phenomenal that is now! So, I have full faith that this Puma vs Hernandez angle is going to go somewhere very, very good, because LUG has conditioned us to believe that. Bad things don't happen here. Oh, and The Moth becomes the best thing ever within 3 shows... but he's already on his way