Lucha Underground on El Rey

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Until I hear something about is on thecubsfan's blog, I call it bullshit. Are there any major events/holidays coming? I think not.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Wasn't there always talk about LU airing as seasons? I remember that from when it first aired. And that El Rey signed a "6 season deal".

Messiah1

The Showoff
Banned
Reaction score
Really tied of the men facing the woman in Lucha Underground.. It doesn't make the woman look stronger, it makes the guys look that much weaker, especially when they're going up against Ivelisse or Sexy Star.. It's not like they're battling a beast like Kharma where it would be somewhat believable.

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Then you should stop watching now. Because I've seen spoilers for next 10 episodes and you're probably gonna loathe it, lel.
:booker2:

Messiah1

The Showoff
Banned
Reaction score
Good idea, i will stop watching until that changes, if it ever does. thanks for the heads up.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Anyways, fuck the rumors. LUG is still airing.

Can't wait to watch the episode tomorrow!

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Episode #17 was good.

- I liked the intro to the episode featuring Alberto & Dario Cueto.

- Mil Muertes vs Fenix was freakin' good, as well as the post-match segment.

- Konnan standing in the rain with 'Evil Ways' being played in the background was cool.

- Liked Puma/El Patrón segment.

- Big Ryck vs Sexy Star was meh, but the storyline was important here. The Crew coming out after the match and laying 'em both out, only to get their asses handed to 'em later on was an okay segment.

- The vignette for El Patrón was cool as hell.

- El Patrón vs Texano was a great ME, I enjoyed it.

A cage match next week? Oh, hell yes!

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Stellar episode, two great matches but I liked Fenix/Muertes more. MM can throw some nasty ass Mike Tysons. The Konnan vignette was so cheesy and over-the-top, loved it. Texano is such a class. Next week the first ever Cage Match, I wonder how they pulled it off, I'm sure it's gonna be a wild spotfest.

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
holy shit how did I forget about this thread for so long

"I know you want your revenge, but can't you go through Famous B first?" Come on Dario you trolling motherfucker, Famous B is still down due to that asswhoopin Pentagon laid on him! Dude should have lots of miedo about DREAMING of stepping in the temple again. Actually, everyone should. Pentagon Jr. should be the security guard on every show. And then at random points during suicide dive recoveries, since "The doors of the temple are open" some stupid MF should jump the rail just to eat a mid-air F-U dropkick and land right back in their chair. Anyway, AEP wants Texano because Triple A, I guess, and that bullrope attack, and AEP being one of the few men to ever make Dario squirm? Scary, scary stuff.

I LOVE THIS FEUD. I LOVE IT MORE THAN GUMMI BEARS AND CHOCOLATE MILK BECAUSE I'M 12. Amazing how with ALL these amazing not-so-vanilla midgets flying around doing amazing shit, my favorite dude might be Mil "You ground yourself just for one moment and I'll turn your brain into grape jelly with one punch" Muertes knocking people for loops. DAMN. And I - without thinking about it - literally jumped up out of my chair marking when Katrina licked Muertes, then I thought more about it and said "wait Katrina left Mil since he was no longer unbeaten, well Mil's loss was such a fluky fluke that it could fluke a fluke and he just kicked the shit out of Fenix, isn't he the better man right now?" Also cool here was having man on woman violence getting INSTANT JUSTICE via [HASHTAG]#rockstofaces[/HASHTAG]. And a great wrestling match, and a great crowd and *screams like a teenage girl*

konnan-revenge-is-coming.png

:yay:

Okay, truth be told, the thing that sold me on Lucha Underground was Ivelisse. Y'all know how much I love this chick - so much so that I started watching this after hearing about evil GM's, heel factions, Chavo... everything I hate in wrestling in one place. And seeing her used the way she is blows. But the thing is, I'm honestly getting tired of these intergender matches. Angelico will just have to slow down his offense or do none at all and just look like a total buffoon in the process... speaking of looking like a buffoon, the way he sighed heavily when Dario yelled at him to shut the door was better character development than the last year of Raw (excluding Rollins)

Never mind! Not tired of them anymore! :woohoo: The dumbest bitch in the building Sexy Star attacks Ryck showing "a lot of heart", Big Ryck and his redemption story doesn't wanna steamroll through an A: innocent bystander, and B: woman, so he doesn't, so he and his tree trunk arms and awesome eyepatch just kinda hold her down. :) Also there's a difference between "jumping Johnny Mundo and stealing his money" and "attacking Sexy Star". And a character that knows that difference is one I can get behind. This was reinforced by the Crew attacking her remorselessly with a kendo stick before SUPERRYCK devastated the whole lot of them. I love this show even though this would piss me off on Raw

Here's my one issue with this show: I don't like Alberto El Patron. I guess so much of it was how much I despised Alberto Dorito, watching so much TNA that pushes like this just annoy the piss out of me (LOOK EVERYONE! IT'S MVP!!!), and not knowing the Triple A backstory to this... but everything involved with this guy just makes me want to turn the video off. And I hate it, because the stuff's actually very good. The sit-down interview with him? Great! The backstage segment with him offering some advice with a wink and a warning to Puma? Spectacular. The match with Texano.. I just couldn't be arsed to finish it. Maybe if AEP feuds with Puma it'll be different. Until then, I just feel bad for this little paragraph.

Although I hear King Cuerno came running into Dario's office looking like John Wayne. Be right back, watching that! :)

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
"Hijo del Havoc, to keep you from interfering again, I'm making you a special referee", that was pure gold right there.