Lucha Underground on El Rey

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Lucha Underground taped two more episodes in Los Angeles this Saturday, although it’s unclear as to exactly when they will air. The major news is that a Trios Championship tournament has started, and both Willie Mack and Shane Strickland – wrestling under a mask as “Kill Shot” – worked the event.

Taping #1

(1) Johnny Mundo def. Angelico

(2) Drago def. AeroStar. This match ties their Best of Five series at 2-2.

(3) Trios Championship Tournament
Willie Mack & Big Ryck & Kill Shot def. Sexy Star & Super Fly & Pentagon, Jr.

Taping #2

(1) Trios Championship Tournament
Son of Havoc & Angelico & Ivellise def. Drago & AeroStar & Fenix

(2) Mask vs. Mask Match
Sexy Star def. Super Fly

(3) Lucha Underground Championship Match
Prince Puma (c) def. King Cuerno

Source: http://www.wwe.com/news/550537-27-l...lers-several-names-debut-new-titles-announced

Seem like fun episodes, cannot wait to watch 'em! Pumped for Willie Mack's and Strickland debut, especially for Mack's.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
They'll air in April. LU is taped well into March.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Calling it right now - Shawn Hernandez will be cast as Dario's Matanza.

He's a big guy, so he may very well be DC's unleashed monster. Really looking forward to finding out who that person is, as well as Black Lotus' backstory.

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Hernandez was present on every single taping so far IIRC, and he hasn't moved out of the dark match purgatory yet (Willie Mack and Shane Strickland did), so that's my base for him being Matanza. That is, of course, if he wrestled last night, but the spoilers are not out yet.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Hey, @Snowman
Here's something for ya. Remember that reminder about LUG you were talking about last week?
Well...
tumblr_inline_njjvnrDLxG1qkwso3.jpg

Reactions: Bort

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Just done watching episode #14. It was a good one.

- Liked the intro to the episode featuring Alberto 'El Patrón' and Dario Cueto. I've always liked these intro stuff they've been doing.

- Angelico vs Fenix was so darn good and action-packed. I really liked this match. Oooh, they brought out Catrina during the match, this is getting interesting.

- That backstage segment including Mil Muertes/Catrina/Chavo was kinda chilling.

- Big Ryck's 'vengeance is coming' promo was great!

- Johnny Mundo vs Son of Havoc was good. Son of Havoc's losing streak continues. lol
But anyways, looking forward to Mundo/Cuerno feud.

- Pentagon, Jr. vs Ricky Mandel was good, liked Pentagon's brutality.

- The final segment featuring Alberto 'El Patrón' was good, he delivered that promo with such enthusiasm.
El Texano Jr. attacking Alberto should set up a good feud between the two.

Looking forward to seeing more!

Last edited:

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Holy fucking SHIT at that Big Ryck video, he's going Old Testament and shit is on. Jesus Christ, that was probably the best vignette ever done. Anywhere. Ever. "God bless you, my child".
hADeDLr.png

Also, Pentagon is the best.