Lucha Underground on El Rey

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Credit: thecubsfan
If nothing is moved around, Alberto will debut on the 02/11 TV show.

None of the other well known US based names appeared on the shows and no one jumped from CMLL. There was one other new non-Mexico name (which has been mentioned before and didn’t make TV) and one other AAA luchador debuted in a non-match segment. That one’s gotten out on social media but hasn’t been written about yet.

LU (SAT) 01/17/2015 Lucha Underground Temple, Boyle Heights, Los Angeles, California

1) Hernandez & Jeff Cobb b Beal, Cortez Castro, Mr. Cisco
dark match. 2 vs 3.
2) Angélico b Son of Havoc
Havok and Ivelisse are not getting along by the end of these tapings
3) Drago b Aerostar
4) Pentagón Jr. b Famous B
Pentagon talks mysteriously about sacrificing his love or for his love. Unclear who/what that might be. This speech might be after the other match.
5) Cage b Johnny Mundo
end of episode 1.
6) Fénix b Argenis
Catrina licks Argenis after the match for unclear reasons.
7) Johnny Mundo b Son of Havoc
great match
8) Pentagón Jr. b Ricky Mandell
to end episode 2, Alberto el Patron appeared with the AAA belt and said a revolution was coming to Lucha Underground. Texano Jr. made a surprise appearance to attack Alberto with the lasso. Chavo ran in as well, but got put in the armbar

It’s worth remembering

• there’s vignettes taped which the live crowd does not see. I’ve got a lost of “unclear” up there, which means those bits are answered elsewhere.
  • it’s a taped show so they can move and change things around as they’d like. Not much has been moved, but matches and segments are edited.
Building was packed and everyone seemed very excited to be there. The buzz is strong.

Seems like fabulous stuff I cannot wait to watch!

Hyped for El Patron's debut, obviously!

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
The only thing missing in Lucha Underground is endless PUTO chants, that's the only thing keeping them away from TV wrestling perfection.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Spoiler Details On Alberto Del Rio's Lucha Underground Debut

As noted, Alberto El Patron, the former Alberto Del Rio in WWE, made his Lucha Underground debut at the January 17th tapings in Los Angeles.

Del Rio came out to a major pop and was announced as the AAA Mega Heavyweight Champion. With the title in hand, he cut a promo and was attacked by former champion El Texano Jr., who was also making his debut. Former WWE star Chavo Guerrero joined in on the attack but Del Rio made a comeback and put Guerrero in the armbar.

El Patron's debut will likely air on the February 11th episode on the El Rey Network.

Source: http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news...s-on-alberto-del-rio-lucha-underground-debut/

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
This was definitely a super-good episode. God, I love this show!

- Cortez Castro & Mr. Cisco vs Pimpinela & Mascarita Sagrada was a pretty solid match. There were some really cool spots they did.

- Castro, Cisco & Bael beating up Big Ryck and turning him babyface was a fine segment. Them burning Ryck's face with a cigar was real thug-like thing to do. That was by far the best moment in that whole segment.

- That backstage/office segment including Cortez/Cisco/Bael & Cueto was another 'straight outta the B-movie' stuff. Liked it.

- Vampiro/Cage segment was real fine, liked Cage's promo and Vampiro fn' rules at everything he does. I love listening to that guy, as well as Striker.

- Super Fly vs Pentagon, Jr. was some darn good stuff. I really liked everything they did in the match. Ahh, gotta love that Package Piledriver by Pentagon, Jr.
That promo by Pentagon afterwards was okay, I guess. Gotta love the 0 Miedo stuff, though.

- Sexy Star vs El Mariachi Loco was alright. El Mariachi Loco kinda reminded me of Romantic Touch. lol

- King Cuerno vs Drago in a 'Last Luchador Standing' was MOTN for me. Brutal ending to the match, man.
I mean, I enjoyed every bit of it!

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Holy shitballs, man! That was uber-awesome.
Then you gotta watch this slugfest:

"Sure, I'll work your piece of shit indie with a leaking roof, sure, I'll wrestle that skinny ass hack, but I'm gonna murder him first". There's your story of the match.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Then you gotta watch this slugfest:

"Sure, I'll work your piece of shit indie with a leaking roof, sure, I'll wrestle that skinny ass hack, but I'm gonna murder him first". There's your story of the match.

Will do, man. Thanks for recommending!

Reactions: Bort

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Just wanted to pop back in here and say "Holy mother of damn do I still love this show with all my heart". So there you go.

Will try to do a weekly review thread, should be a lot of fun. And positive! Yay!

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
They're good, but I'm the only one who reads Rain's so I gotta show him some love.

Thank you!

But I was expecting :nope: as your answer and then I'd reply with :nooo: LOL

Anyways, I do read Jon Snowman's reviews, too. It's a treat, bro.