Lucha Underground on El Rey

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Just done watching episode #7. It was a good one, thanks to the awesomeness of the ME!

- King Cuerno vs Super Fly was a bit short, but still a decent match. I'm digging the fact that they showed Drago preying on King Cuerno, much like Cuerno did two weeks ago. This is shaping up to be a good feud. They don't even have to talk, their actions speak for them instead.
- Nice Pentagon, Jr. vignette. Lucha Underground's been doing a damn good job at these and the product, overall.
- Chavo (w/Pentagon, Jr.) vs Fenix (w/Sexy Star) was decent.
- Cage is coming? Alright!
- The ME, Prince Puma vs Johnny Mundo vs Big Ryck was such an awesome Ladder Match. Damn, some of the spots they did were downright crazy. I also loved seeing Mundo knocking Cueto silly in that post-match segment.

Looking forward to seeing next week's episode!

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Just done watching episode #8. It was great.

- Prince Puma vs Fenix vs Drago vs Mascarita Sagrada vs Super Fly vs El Mariachi Loco vs King Cuerno vs Son of Havoc vs Pentagon, Jr. vs Big Ryck in a 10-way match was absolutely fun-tastic.

- Johnny Mundo vs Sexy Star vs Pimpinela Escarlata vs Ricky Mandell vs Famous B vs Mil Muertes vs Chavo Guerrero vs Cortez Castro vs Mr. Cisco vs Bael in a Boyle Heights Battle Royal was another fun match, not as fun-tastic as a previous 10-way match, but still enjoyable.

- The ME, Mil Muertes vs Fenix was damn good.

Really looking forward to seeing more of it! I really like the look of LU Championship, as well as the sound of Aztec Warfare, the January 7th episode is gonna kick some major ass!

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Just done watching episode #9. It was just grand.

- Good openning segment. Dario Cueto announced the Aztec Warfare match with such enthusiasm.

- The Aztec Warfare match for the Lucha Underground Championship was just fun-tastic! MOTY material, right there. Man, am I glad Prince Puma won and became the very first Lucha Underground champion!

Looking forward to seeing more of this awesome show!

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
How many episodes did they tape on that first day back in the beginning of October? I knew about Ep 9's results on like the 5th of that month.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
More On JR Possibly Returning To Wrestling TV In 2015

Konnan recently mentioned on his podcast that WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross has been in negotiations to announce for El Rey and AAA's Lucha Underground promotion.
Konnan said he didn't know if Ross would do a three-man team with Matt Striker and Vampiro or if they would rotate the three.

We noted at the first of the year how Lucha was interested in hiring JR for a full-time role and they begin filming the new series soon. AAA also wants Ross to announce their English language pay-per-view events.

Source: http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news...s-possibly-returning-to-wrestling-tv-in-2015/

- Just thought I should put this here.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I had a blast watching episode #10. I'm such a mark for everything they do in this splendid show!

- Liked the 'straight outta the B-movie' intro to the episode w/Fenix and Dario Cueto. That Asian chick has got me wondering what her role is gonna be in all of this, looking forward to finding that out.

- Aerostar vs Argenis vs Angelico vs Cage was a fun-tastic, fast paced match. Loved every second of it! Everyone got to shine here and they made Cage look like the legit Destroyer.
*They call me Cage, because I'm not a man, I'm a maaaaaaaaacchiiiiiinee!*

- Chavo/Blue Demon, Jr. segment was alright, I guess. The feud has continued, and hopefully they'll give us a better match later on than they did on the very first episode of LUG.

- King Cuerno vs Drago was short, but still damn good for what it was. It's too bad it ended the way it did, though, in no contest... But, man oh man, that dive by Drago from the top of Cueto's office onto Cuerno who was placed on a table was ridiculously cool.

- Nice Fenix vignette.

- The ME, Prince Puma vs Fenix for the Lucha Underground Championship was simply uber-awesome and fun-tastic! MOTY material, right there. I thoroughly enjoyed this match and the commentary throughout the show! Just rad stuff all the way through.
Cage attacking Puma after the match should set-up an awesome feud with awesome matches!

I'm hyped to see more of it!

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
El Patron Alberto signed with LUG:

roJNwQL.jpg

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Credit: thecubsfan
If nothing is moved around, Alberto will debut on the 02/11 TV show.

None of the other well known US based names appeared on the shows and no one jumped from CMLL. There was one other new non-Mexico name (which has been mentioned before and didn’t make TV) and one other AAA luchador debuted in a non-match segment. That one’s gotten out on social media but hasn’t been written about yet.

LU (SAT) 01/17/2015 Lucha Underground Temple, Boyle Heights, Los Angeles, California

1) Hernandez & Jeff Cobb b Beal, Cortez Castro, Mr. Cisco
dark match. 2 vs 3.
2) Angélico b Son of Havoc
Havok and Ivelisse are not getting along by the end of these tapings
3) Drago b Aerostar
4) Pentagón Jr. b Famous B
Pentagon talks mysteriously about sacrificing his love or for his love. Unclear who/what that might be. This speech might be after the other match.
5) Cage b Johnny Mundo
end of episode 1.
6) Fénix b Argenis
Catrina licks Argenis after the match for unclear reasons.
7) Johnny Mundo b Son of Havoc
great match
8) Pentagón Jr. b Ricky Mandell
to end episode 2, Alberto el Patron appeared with the AAA belt and said a revolution was coming to Lucha Underground. Texano Jr. made a surprise appearance to attack Alberto with the lasso. Chavo ran in as well, but got put in the armbar

It’s worth remembering

• there’s vignettes taped which the live crowd does not see. I’ve got a lost of “unclear” up there, which means those bits are answered elsewhere.
  • it’s a taped show so they can move and change things around as they’d like. Not much has been moved, but matches and segments are edited.
Building was packed and everyone seemed very excited to be there. The buzz is strong.

Reactions: Prince Bálor