Lucha Underground on El Rey

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
42-43 minutes is perfect for this show, they're saving two hours for big, supercard episodes. if you read the spoiler you'll see they taped one of those, it's E11 or 12 IIRC.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
42-43 minutes is perfect for this show, they're saving two hours for big, supercard episodes. if you read the spoiler you'll see they taped one of those, it's E11 or 12 IIRC.

Oh, that's cool.

I usually don't read spoilers, but thanks for spoiling this one for me.

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Episode 5 was very wrestling heavy, there were no in-ring promos or backstory vignettes, and there were only 2 backstage segments. Needless to say, I enjoyed the show, but this was probably the "weakest" edition thus far, but the matches were still ranging from decent to good. I love how they keep the stories moving by adding all these little twists and tweaks to them, it's a textbook serial storytelling. The Konnan/Dario segment was pure gold.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Just done watching episode #6. It was a good episode, overall. Definitely better than the one from last week.

- I always like the openning segments, especially with Cueto/Konnan. This one with Cueto/Big Ryck was alright.
- Son of Havoc vs that 'thing' was alright for what it was.
- I liked that backstage segment with Mundo & Cueto. I'm curious to see what that key represents, must be important since it was taken off Cueto's neck and it's Mundo's 'insurance' now. Could be a key to some vault. lol
- Mil Muertes squashing Famous B was intense. Damn, dat Spear, tho! They've been building him as an unstoppable force, alright! Can't wait to see more!
- Can't say I didn't enjoy Drago's backstory.
- Drago vs King Cuerno was damn good, I enjoyed every second of it!
- I really liked that whole Mundo/Ryck/Konnan/Puma/Cueto segment. That was good, I thought.
- Chavo & Pentagon, Jr. vs Fenix & Star was damn good, I enjoyed this one!

The ME next week is gonna be bitchin'! I'm really looking forward to seeing next week's episode!

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
So, Lucha Underground has a security now, and Matt Striker lost his voice in few occasions.
308b6ea039245135980d0720b2ef6d59.png

Another highly enjoyable edition, the Son of Havoc loser angle is hands down my favorite, it's always a fun watch. Ivelisse is just too much, isnanely hot. Catrina too. The Mil Muertes angle is going strong, Drago/Cuerno wasn't good this time, and main event was very nice, few nifty sequences there.

Needless to say, the Mundo/Puma/Ryck/Cueto promo, backstage segments and video packages were awesome.

Reactions: Prince Bálor

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I gotta catch up on these past two episodes, they sound pretty nice from the unspoiled match cards I've seen.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
So, Lucha Underground has a security now, and Matt Striker lost his voice in few occasions.
308b6ea039245135980d0720b2ef6d59.png

Another highly enjoyable edition, the Son of Havoc loser angle is hands down my favorite, it's always a fun watch. Ivelisse is just too much, isnanely hot. Catrina too. The Mil Muertes angle is going strong, Drago/Cuerno wasn't good this time, and main event was very nice, few nifty sequences there.

Needless to say, the Mundo/Puma/Ryck/Cueto promo, backstage segments and video packages were awesome.

I agree with everything here... Except for one thing. I really liked Drago/Cuerno match. It was a 5 minute match and they made the best of it, imo. But yeah, their last match was better.

Next week's ME is gonna be bitchin', man! Really looking forward to it.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I've enjoyed the show every week so far for the most part, a few hit or misses but that's whatever.

Yeah, me too. I just think the last week's episode was the least 'best' so far, but whatever.

Spoler alert: You're gonna love the ME from last week and this week.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
E5 was decent, I did like E4 better but still a decent episode.. heard good things about E6, will have time to watch it a tad later in the day possibly.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
E5 was decent, I did like E4 better but still a decent episode.. heard good things about E6, will have time to watch it a tad later in the day possibly.

Told ya E4 was least 'best' episode thus far, but yeah, it wasn't too bad.

Enjoy E6 later, though. It's good, bro.

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Last week's main event:

22 minutes of Cueto saying "ladder match":

Cueto tour (lmao):

Previously on LUG:

Machete in da house: