Lucha Underground on El Rey

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Just done watching episode #4. It was great!

- First and foremost, I love this show already! And I absolutely love the commentators and how they're contributing to it. Both Striker and Vampiro have been doing a great job!
- Sexy Star vs Ivelisse was decent, but that's alright, considering they had a 5-6 minute match. They made the best of it, though. WWE & TNA divas, take notes.
- That backstage segment with Drago and Cueto was good, I liked it, it had a good vibe. Cueto's been doing a real good job at being this mob boss-like character, while Drago is so intimidating with his presence... I nearly shit my pants. lol
- Pentagon, Jr. vs Fenix was like witnessing magic, it was just great, I loved it! For the record, Fenix put Orton's RKO and Punt Kick to shame, man.
- Really liked the King Cuerno promo and how it was done. For a second I thought it was Prince Puma. lol
- King Cuerno vs Drago was another great match that I enjoyed. Great match, even greater finish.
- Konnan/Puma backstage was something you'd prolly see in movies. I like Konnan's role as a manager and how every time he gives the word of advice to Puma to stay away from Mundo, but we all know that's not gonna happen... Which is something I'm cool with. A tag team or competing against each other, Prince Puma + Johnny Mundo = Greatness
- The ME, Big Ryck vs Johnny Mundo was good... It got even better when the match ended, first when Cisco and Cortez beat up Prince Puma in a real thug-like way and then coming to the ring to beat Mundo up. Dat finisher on Mundo through a table, tho. That was badass, the whole post-match segment was, really!

Really looking forward to seeing next week's episode! Lucha Underground rules!

Last edited:

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Co-sign. Only, I liked Sexy/Jawelisse more than you. Another great edition of Lucha Underground, fun segments and quality entertainment overall, they managed to squeeze in four good matches in 42 minutes, mad mad props there.

The only thing I don't love about LUG is that chick ring announcer, I'd change her.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Just watched last Wednesday's episode. It was pretty damn good. I still think the backstage segments can be cringe worthy at times and Sexy Star's promo was so armature. 7/10. Would recommend it to anyone who is willing to give it a try.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Just done watching episode #5. It was good, but not as good as the previous one, though.
Damn, this show needs to be longer! Give us 2 hours, please! :yay:

- I liked the openning segment with Konnan and Cueto talking in that office, kinda setting up what's to come.
- Mil Muertes vs Drago was a good match, a bit short, but still, they made the best of it. King Cuerno just lurking there and then attacking Drago after the match was Animal Planet-like. lol Seriously, I liked that. It should be a good feud 'tween Cuerno and Drago.
- I liked Johnny Mundo's backstory, it was good. Can't help but love this guy and everything he does!
- Son Of Havoc vs Sagrada was alright for what it was.
- Chavo vs Sexy Star was pretty meh, but considering it's only gonna set up a tag team match between Fenix/Star and Chavo/Pentagon, Jr. - everything's cool.
- Prince Puma vs Big Ryck was a good street fight match. But then, in the closing moments of the match, when Mundo came out to make the save, things got a bit more interesting. Him doing that 20 feet jump from the outside into the ring while using that crazy parkour stuff was amazing, the dude's got huge balls. It should be interesting to see what'll Johnny have to say to Puma after (accidentally) hitting him with the chair and costing him the match... If it's gonna set up another Puma vs Mundo match... Yes, please!

Looking forward to seeing more!

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Just done watching episode #5. It was good, but not as good as the previous one, though.
Damn, this show needs to be longer! Give us 2 hours, please! :yay:

I can see them doing too much filler if they got an extra hour, personally I like the hour slot.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I can see them doing too much filler if they got an extra hour, personally I like the hour slot.

Yeah, but the rest of the matches on the card usually suffer because of the time slot ME is usually given. Not saying they're bad or anything, all of 'em would've been freakin' awesome if they were 10+ minutes long. But, oh well... It is what it is.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Yeah, but the rest of the matches on the card usually suffer because of the time slot ME is usually given. Not saying they're bad or anything, all of 'em would've been freakin' awesome if they were 10+ minutes long. But, oh well... It is what it is.

Maybe when they get a little more recognition and financial backing they can pull off the ability to do consistent 2 hr shows but at this current moment it'd be best for the promotion to keep it short for now.

Reactions: Prince Bálor