Looks like Daniel Bryan won't win on Sunday.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I don't think so... Losing in less than 10 seconds at mania and attacking someone from a handshake doesn't equate properly imo. A big win over him at a PPV for the MITB feels like revenge to me. I get what you're saying though.

Is there really a need for such a "revenge"? This isn't late 90's WCW were everyone tried upping one another for a backstage sense of pride. I honest to god don't think Bryan wants any sort of "revenge" on Sheamus. The 18 seconds is a defining moment in his WWE career. He's one of the top guys, maybe #5 or 4 on the top active guys list now 5 years into his active career. A former world champ, tag champ and US champ with defining reigns.

Some sort of revenge on Sheamus isn't needed in my opinion. There's no reason digging up something that is by now left in the road dust.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Is there really a need for such a "revenge"? This isn't late 90's WCW were everyone tried upping one another for a backstage sense of pride. I honest to god don't think Bryan wants any sort of "revenge" on Sheamus. The 18 seconds is a defining moment in his WWE career. He's one of the top guys, maybe #5 or 4 on the top active guys list now 5 years into his active career. A former world champ, tag champ and US champ with defining reigns.

Some sort of revenge on Sheamus isn't needed in my opinion. There's no reason digging up something that is by now left in the road dust.

I don't think there is a NEED for it, but it'd be nice to see for me personally. I can't explain how frustrated I was watching his first event at mania go down like that. So does it NEED to happen no, but I think that if it does that it will be pointed out several times from cole/lawler.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
If defeating Sheamus in a one on one bout isn't 'revenge', then I can't imagine that winning a ladder match against him (with four other guys involved) will be either.

What does he need to do, defeat him in 18 seconds or less?

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
If defeating Sheamus in a one on one bout isn't 'revenge', then I can't imagine that winning a ladder match against him (with four other guys involved) will be either.

What does he need to do, defeat him in 18 seconds or less?

No, a big win over him at MITB(Last two in match). I said that already, thanks for the sarcastic reply swine.

Nano

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Website
www.pheed.com
Boob Van Dam will win. WWE is presenting him as if he was gold when he's nothing but a boring wrestler imo

Inpunkwetrust

Jobber
Reaction score
Danielson said: ↑
I was refering to DB getting revenge over sheamus for Mania. I seen the spoilers and that's why I predicted them two ending the match, with bryan winning.

Dude It's been one year since sheamus beat DB in 18 seconds, he probably got over it when he was arguing that he wasn't the week link

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Danielson said: ↑
I was refering to DB getting revenge over sheamus for Mania. I seen the spoilers and that's why I predicted them two ending the match, with bryan winning.

Dude It's been one year since sheamus beat DB in 18 seconds, he probably got over it when he was arguing that he wasn't the week link

Well, it's been 1 year and 3 months but who's counting. It is still talked about quite frequently though. Would be nice to see DB go over him at the end.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Doing some research on this (will have it done before the PPV, but just going off of Payback):

-IC Title Match: On Raw the match was made, on Smackdown Axel defeated Barrett just for Miz to Skull-Crushing Axel, and Axel went over. But Wade looked really weak too so does this count?
-AJ Lee had the momentum going into the PPV after berating and duping Kaitlyn with the secret admirer schtick, didn't appear on Smackdown, won on PPV.
-Kane beat Ambrose by DQ on Raw then gave the Shield their "first loss in 6-man action" on Smackdown, but lost on PPV.
-Alberto Del Rio interfered to cost Ziggler a match on Raw, they were in a tag match on Smackdown where Ziggler jobbed, then ADR won on PPV.
-Punk and Jericho doesn't count
-Bryan beat Rollins in that epic match on Raw (lets not bother discussing the Orton/Reigns thing), then they beat Shield in a 6-man-match, then the Shield won on PPV
-Nobody had momentum between Cena and Ryback, not after that staredown segment.

So on the last PPV it's about half-and-half.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Bryan not winning? BEST NEWS i heard since pickles were used in sandwiches... LMAOO!!!!

How cool and hip do you feel atm? Plz tell me. I want the same rush :boss:

Last edited: