London 2012: Official Olympics Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
^Well I saw that tense ending to the Gymnastic that was quite something. Well done to GB!

My highlights of yesterday was the women's Basketballs between Canada and GB, very exciting and considering the difference in class and experience GB gave them a run for their money. Also saw mens Hockey GB VS. Argintina and womens Holland VS. Japan which was a very good second half today 3-2 to the Duch it ended.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
Danny Purvis, who won the bronze yesterday, is from Southport (same as me). He's best friends with my cousin, met him a few times. Nice guy, glad he did well.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Can't believe how badly you have misread that part Troy, there is no way that was intended to celebrate the national health service, it was more paying tribute to the great fairy tale stories which Britian have produced, and I liked the fact that it was scary rather than just sweet in a predictable way. Also how can you say a good health service (which we may or may not have) is a bad thing to celebrate?

I didn't mind the fairytales at the end, it was a nice touch getting JK Rowling to read a bit as well, but the first bit was just for the NHS. We had commentators reading a script the entire time and they said that this segment was to celebrate the NHS. It is great to be proud of the NHS but the Olympics isn't the place to celebrate it.

Media seem to be going crazy everywhere about that Chinese 16 year old girl that won the 400m IM. Swimming a faster final leg than the male swimmer has never been done before and she took seven seconds off her PB from the year before. It has all the hallmarks of a questionable swim, China's track record doesn't help, but we will see what happens.

Australia has been really disappointing especially in the pool. I am so used to the swimmers winning half our medals whereas this time they are going to struggle to get three golds. The pressure has gotten to some of the swimmers but there is still a few days for them to atone and win some medals. Basketball was disappointing as well as Spain thrashed the mens team and the womens team were somehow beaten by France in over time. This isn't the start of a strong Olympics for Australia.

China are dominating the medal tally already but the US will fight back once athletics starts.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Finally GB have Gold!

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Mr.Mayhem

Reaction score
Tried to watch some games yesterday , got fuckin' bored . Cant believe government's spend so much money on this over-hyped crap .

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Boxing has been a sham, Joshua got a hometown decision, an Irani got DQ'd for no reason and another boxer from Angola just didn't bother to show up.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
HB and MM if you are not going to add anything of note then please don't post in this thread just thought that needed to be said, thanks.

After a great day for Britain yesterday it is a very exciting day of events today.

Coming up in a few minutes are the heats for the 800m Freestyle with Rebecca Adlington starting the defence of that title, she did well to get the bronze in a very tough 400 but this is where she has a shot at gold.

Also today Victoria Pendleton is involved in the cycling team sprint (track cycling appeals to me a bit more than road), Chris Hoy is also involved in mens version, plus I plan to check out some Basketball Spain VS. Team GB and maybe some mens volleyball with Brazil vs. USA. What a day it should be.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
With those badminton players I am a bit conflicted, I hate players trying to lose but in the end they were trying to do what was best for them to win gold. It wasn't like they were trying to lose because of some betting scandal or anything like that. Still in the rules it says that they must put forth their best effort every game so they deserved to be banned.

Bradley Wiggins was awesome last night in the time trial, continued his great form from the Tour de France and no-one could get close to him. Would have been interesting what Cancellera could have done if he hadn't crashed in the road race, he would have ended up with a medal but I don't think even he could have beaten Wiggins in that form. It must be great for him knowing that he will be knighted very soon, he has won gold on the track and now on the road, he is the most successful British Olympian and the first Brit to win the TDF.

I have been really enjoying watching the rowing, some great finishes in the medal races over the past few days. Unfortunately Australia have disappointed here as well, the mens four today were 0.2 seconds off the lead with 500m to go but whilst everyone else sped up they stayed steady and finished fourth.

James Magnussen failed again this morning by the smallest of margins, 0.01 seconds. It was all in the touch in the 100m freestyle final and the American had a better touch. Maybe James shouldn't have been so overly confident before the meet. Hopefully he can do something in the 50m to finish the meet on a high. So weird that Australia has only won 1 gold 5 silver and 2 bronze in the pool.

Just enjoyed watching the Boomers finally win a game of basketball this time against China.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Rebecca did the first part in style winning the heats for the 800 freestyle in 8.21.78 with her nearest rival New Zeland's Lauren Boyle finishing in 8.25.91. Could tell that she was holding something back for the big final tomorrow. Am gutted that she has a boyfriend lucky sod! lol. Lotte Frils of Denmark is expected to be her toughest challenger for gold.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Another day, another robbery in teh boxing.

Ogogo got knockdown twice in the second, totally destroyed in the third yet still got the judges decision because apparently they don't know how to add up.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
US men's basketball team (Don't give a fuck what they do, I'm not calling them the Dream Team) scored an Olympic record 156 points against Nigeria today. :Smiley_DAMN:

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Found the track cicyling a bit dull to watch the only two shots you ever get is of the bikes racing past the camera. The most interesting aspect was the reversal of the decissions.

Looks like GB have a decent shot of a medal in the women's Hockey.

Can't believe Spain made such hard work of beating our guys in the Basketball last night, in the end there was only a single point in it.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
What a shocker in the swimming! Theres a new queen in town maybe. Rebecca still did great through and I loved the passion she showed in the interview afterwards.