London 2012: Official Olympics Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Right with just a week to go until the Olympics in London I am starting up this thread so that people can give quick reviews on any of the events which they see from day to day. Please
include some different ones don't see the point in just watching Footbal, Tennis, Boxing etc in the Olympics.

You can also use this thread to comment on such things like the opening cereormy and how you think the games are progressing.

Let the games begin!

Well almost:pray-1:

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Shouldn't we just make this into the official olympics discussion thread?

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Watched the exhibition between GB & Team USA in the basketball and they might as well give USA the gold now.

LeBron and Anthony Davis tore us to bits while in second gear.

Mr.Mayhem

Reaction score
The Olympics is going to fail big time but the only thing it will be sucessfull in doing is turn london into a police state . Dont know why but it looks like they are getting ready for a war rather than securing olympics .

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I cannot wait to watch some European Handball!

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Shouldn't we just make this into the official olympics discussion thread?

Might as well if you like.

I got a Olympics wallchart in the paper today and am planning my events now. Day one am planning to see some swimming one of the most exciting sports to watch where you don't have to think much about it, also will try and catch some basketball, rowing and gymnastics over the first few days. What the hell is Equestrian anyone?

Also this negativity over the games needs to stop sure there are a lot of issues politically and the running of it has been a bit of a mess, but the fact remains that this is maybe the last time in our life times than these events will be held in our country and that alone is something special. The atmosphere in London and across the country should be great too.

Doink

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Isnt Equestrian that horse crap where they jump over little obstacles, I love the watersports like kayaking, canoeing etc, I also like track and field events, swimming, football, boxing, cycling

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Isnt Equestrian that horse crap where they jump over little obstacles, I love the watersports like kayaking, canoeing etc, I also like track and field events, swimming, football, boxing, cycling

Could be if so think I might give that event a miss. Always good to watch some strange new events just for the so bad its good factor lol.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I can't wait for this to start, I have paytv at home and there are eight dedicated channels just for Olympic coverage. All gold medal events will be shown live and anything involving an Australian will be shown live.

Since I am Australian swimming is the event that I will watch most of, other than that cycling, track and field and rowing are the other main ones I will check out. But in the end I will basically watch whatever is on.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Huge mistake has already been made, it was during a football match, the South Korean flag was shown for the North Korean players and they rightfully wouldn't play until their actual flag was posted. It is so easy to organise that stuff so it was poor form to make that mistake. Opening ceremony is on at about 5am tomorrow here so I probably won't watch it live.

Doink

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
They refused to play for an hour, North Korea/South Korea have a huge rivalry too to this was a huge mistake. Personally, I found it hilarious.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Why the fuck are so many people complaining about the opening ceremony?

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
^ Beats me as Danny Boyle did a near perfect job. With the exception of the final half an hour or fourty minutes which was sentmental tosh it was an amazing opening ceremony.

It was a stunning and alternative celebration of english culture and history which didn't resort to the normal clitches. It was such a left field merge of music colour and staging which no one could have predicted. The engergy of the performances were awesome and there was a warmth to the whole thing but it was still a great expression of art at its truest form.

My personally highlights were the creepy mix of children in the beds and dark fairy tale villians from classic stories such as Peter Pan, Mary Poppins and Harry Potter. It was almost like Tim Burton had taken over at that point! Also love the brilliant muscial class of forty years of british musical genres with the idea of modern technlogy.

Quite liked Rowan Atkinson's deadpan performance of Chariots of Fire.
My least favourite moments included the James Bond/Queen film which was cheesy fun in a way but a bit flat too, the speechs at the end droned on and one and were really cheap also the performances from the AM's and Mccathy doing his best Al Pacino impression were bit ramdon and uncalled for. Bowie's Heroes leading Team GB out was epic however.

No matter what happens now at least Danny Boyle has done us proud.

Right I am kicking of my Games viewing tomorrow with Ardington and the swimming.

Dademo

Reaction score
From an American: That was an awesome opening!! I loved how they showed out England's culture and history like said above and Paul Mccartney's performance of Hey Jude at the end was cool.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
From an American: That was an awesome opening!! I loved how they showed out England's culture and history like said above and Paul Mccartney's performance of Hey Jude at the end was cool.

Agreed, that ceremony was damn good.