Live WWE WrestleMania Discussion Thread - Saturday April 1st & Sunday April 2nd 2023

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
And how do you know they didn't offer him the same money but he still turned it down?
First of all he literally had a match last year so clearly they know what his asking price is. I would assume he wanted more this time around but how much more are we talking? Am I supposed to believe he had a meeting with them for the sole purpose of asking a ridiculous amount of money knowing they’d turn it down so he could have his laughs? It makes no sense.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Brotha, you're the one who came in here and made it about money and him being lowballed and that they could have just made the match happen as if it's that simple. You're talking about two big ego's, it could have literally been a handful of reasons why the match never happened. Look no further than Roman/Rock and how long that had been rumoured for and probably discussed and that still couldn't get over the line.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
If WWE wanted the match between Steve Austin and Brock to happen then they would’ve made it happen. The rumor is Steve turned it down cause of money. Am I supposed to believe that WWE just straight up lowballed him and expected him to except? And then they moved Brock vs Bobby up to the Chamber because of a match that wasn’t guaranteed? Spare me
Brother you’re smart enough to know you can’t always just “make it happen”

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi

Sabretooth

Reaction score
What the hell is the point in that if there’s not even titles on the line?

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
It appears to be official at this point that the two WrestleMania main events will be Charlotte Flair vs. Rhea Ripley on 4/1, which will also include Seth Rollins vs. Logan Paul, and Roman Reigns vs. Cody Rhodes on 4/2.

We had reported weeks back that Reigns vs. Rhodes was the night two main event and that Flair vs. Ripley was favored to be the night one main event. When we had asked about Usos vs. Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn headlining night one, since at the time Zayn was the company’s hottest babyface character, we were told that there were political reasons in play to where Flair vs. Ripley would most likely get that spot. It is not clear that the Usos match will be on night one, but when the original idea was to create a second world title, with Rollins, Drew McIntyre or Rhodes (Rhodes would be in this if The Rock was facing Reigns) as the three people considered for it, that was to be the night one main event, but it became the women’s match when that idea fell by the wayside. At that point in time, the Usos title defense was scheduled for night one.​
Lame, should never be the main event in a million years.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Eh I’m ok with it. Charlotte and Rhea are two of the best workers in the company. I’m sure they’re gonna have a fire match and it’ll send Rhea to the stratosphere once she wins which is where she belongs.

Reactions: BSE

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Eh I’m ok with it. Charlotte and Rhea are two of the best workers in the company. I’m sure they’re gonna have a fire match and it’ll send Rhea to the stratosphere once she wins which is where she belongs.
Id b more happy if the program was not ice cold . But i agree the are great performers n will nail it

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Good moment for Rhea assuming she's winning, oh man if she doesn't the reactions tho :heston

If they go with Sami/KO beating the Usos on N2 and have the whole Bloodline fall that day then I'm more okay with it but if it's just on N1 even as a featured match but not main event then that's sad, it's the hottest angle in so long

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Good moment for Rhea assuming she's winning, oh man if she doesn't the reactions tho :heston

If they go with Sami/KO beating the Usos on N2 and have the whole Bloodline fall that day then I'm more okay with it but if it's just on N1 even as a featured match but not main event then that's sad, it's the hottest angle in so long
I don't watch the product but I need an objective voice :
Is Rey vs Dom technically not a hotter program than Rhea Charlotte atm? Have they had a face off?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I don't watch the product but I need an objective voice :
Is Rey vs Dom technically not a hotter program than Rhea Charlotte atm? Have they had a face off?

Hard to judge, Charlotte vs Rhea itself isn't crazy hot for me but Rhea as an act alone is so I weight that as a high bonus for the match. Rey/Dom as a feud def hotter (which still blows my mind bc I was so against this feud when Dom was still face and there were rumors they wanted to do it at Mania) and even the best angle so far in the Rhea/Charlotte feud was a Charlotte/Dom promo battle lol

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi

If they have them lose on Night One, then they should cut to Roman's lockeroom before his entrance on Night 2 where he banishes The Uso's to the back for losing. Could be a cool little point as to why Roman loses aswell.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Not that these two should main event either but Rey/Dom and Finn/Edge are way better options of a main event over Charlotte/Rhea.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
If they have them lose on Night One, then they should cut to Roman's lockeroom before his entrance on Night 2 where he banishes The Uso's to the back for losing. Could be a cool little point as to why Roman loses aswell.

Bot exactly sure how they do it but I def expect something like this on N2, I'm down for a couple small Bloodline backstage segments each night even for Mania

Reactions: Dale