Live WWE WrestleMania Discussion Thread - Saturday April 1st & Sunday April 2nd 2023

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Also FWIW the reason I became more convinced they would do hair vs mask thing at some point is bc of how Dom had been disrespecting the mask gimmick so much recently

Wiseman

O.J.A.S.
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
eddiekingston
Favorite Wrestler
coltcabana
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Also FWIW the reason I became more convinced they would do hair vs mask thing at some point is bc of how Dom had been disrespecting the mask gimmick so much recently
Yeah, I've been thinking the same. Also why I think he will never get Rey's mask in a match.

Reactions: Chris

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
i know ppl think Dom needs the rub but I dunno, wrestling logic wise to me dictates Dom hasn't had any comeuppances at all. The story, again IMO, should be Rey finally getting one over and teaching the kid some respect.I don't think Dom would lose anything losing the feud either and it can be a catalyst for further character development. If he beats Rey...then what?

Wiseman

O.J.A.S.
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
eddiekingston
Favorite Wrestler
coltcabana
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
i know ppl think Dom needs the rub but I dunno, wrestling logic wise to me dictates Dom hasn't had any comeuppances at all. The story, again IMO, should be Rey finally getting one over and teaching the kid some respect.I don't think Dom would lose anything losing the feud either and it can be a catalyst for further character development. If he beats Rey...then what?
If Dom beats Rey I think it brings the mask into play. Something along the lines that Dom was able to beat him but that wasn't enough, he still wants to see more. He wants Rey to feel like he felt as a kid when Rey was a dead beat dad.

Wiseman

O.J.A.S.
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
eddiekingston
Favorite Wrestler
coltcabana
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Let me say, if either win at WM there are ways for the Mask match to come into play.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

That's also why I'm pretty set on a rematch happening and they split the wins but I'm not 100% sure who gets the first or second win, both scenarios seem fine. Obviously I wouldn't have Rey lose his mask if they actually do that stip but that's still just speculation they even do it. Rey can win at Mania for the feel good moment and lose a rematch or Dom wins and Mania for the heat and then loses his hair in Puerto Rico (I think I'd prefer this)

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I just don’t know how far they’d go for an angle. If Rey does retire against Dom I’d assume they’d want to hug after the match and acknowledge each other. Obviously if they don’t break kayfabe then they can’t do this. I wonder if Rey would be willing to lose his mask to a heel Dom and then retire but Dom heels it up even after the match. If Rey loses his mask there’s no question he retires after.

or like Chris said Rey actually wins and shaves Dom’s head.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
That's also why I'm pretty set on a rematch happening and they split the wins but I'm not 100% sure who gets the first or second win, both scenarios seem fine. Obviously I wouldn't have Rey lose his mask if they actually do that stip but that's still just speculation they even do it. Rey can win at Mania for the feel good moment and lose a rematch or Dom wins and Mania for the heat and then loses his hair in Puerto Rico (I think I'd prefer this)
this sounds good actually

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I think Rey wins at Mania, just feels like textbook booking for him to finally get revenge on Dom after all the antics. Not sure he's retiring either, I feel like they would want to milk that for all it's worth

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
if you gonna retire Rey, I feel like you could sell a PLE in Mexico for that

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
WM39_MATCH_WOMENS_TAG_FATAL_4WAY_FC_Date--030b1ef0a65cdf38c0ea6915c2063baa.jpg

Women's WrestleMania Showcase Match​

In one of two WrestleMania Showcase Matches, four elite female tag teams will collide in a Fatal 4-Way Tag Team Match.

Raquel Rodriguez and Liv Morgan became the first team to qualify for a free-for-all at The Showcase of the Immortals with an explosive victory over Emma and Tegan Nox on the March 17 edition of SmackDown.

What tandems will join Rodriguez and Morgan in the WrestleMania Showcase? Find out in the coming weeks on The Road to WrestleMania!

WM39_MATCH_DREW_GUNTHER_SHEAMUS_FC_Date--86fe8b791b5f43f8e38ca3da8ebed09a.jpg

Intercontinental Champion Gunther vs. Drew McIntyre vs. Sheamus (Triple Threat Match)​

At WrestleMania, Gunther will put his Intercontinental Championship on the line against Drew McIntyre and Sheamus in a Triple Threat Match.

In his incredible reign, Gunther has proven to be a dominant champion and has elevated the Intercontinental Title to "sacred" status. As he approached The Grandest Stage of Them All, however, The Ring General found himself without an opponent. Flanked by Imperium, he demanded that WWE Official Adam Pearce rectify the situation, In response, Pearce set up a Fatal 5-Way Match between the elite Superstars who had made their cases for why they should be given said challenge at The Show of Shows.

When McIntyre and Sheamus scored a pinfall at the same time in the culmination of the free-for-all, however, it was determined that the long-time friends would battle one-on-one for the Intercontinental Title opportunity. Before a winner could be decided in that subsequent showdown the following week, however, a mid-match attack by Imperium brought a sudden end to the contest. With no winner emerging from that match due to Gunther's interference, it was determined by Pearce that both Superstars would challenger Gunther in a Triple Threat Match at WrestleMania.

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Order

Send HOOK
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
Triple Threat is going to be so good, could be the match of the show as I'm sure it will get plenty of time.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Man I want Sheamus to win so bad lol

Reactions: Butters

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Same, though I feel like I could be good with any of the outcomes if i'm being honest.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
You either get Gunther winning and possibly breaking that honky tonk man record from forever ago, Sheamus wins and gets his grand slam, or drew wins and gets a callback to when he won it as the "chosen one" when he wasn't ready and has a better run 15 years later