Live WWE WrestleMania Discussion Thread - Saturday April 1st & Sunday April 2nd 2023

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I feel like they haven’t done the best job with building the charlotte/Rhea feud except for when Dom came out to have a war of words with charlotte which was just amazing. At the end of the day the match sells itself tbh. Charlotte is the queen of WWE. Arguably the best woman in the company. Rhea is the next big thing who needs to beat Charlotte and correct her loss from two years ago.

Reactions: BSE

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Hard to judge, Charlotte vs Rhea itself isn't crazy hot for me but Rhea as an act alone is so I weight that as a high bonus for the match. Rey/Dom as a feud def hotter (which still blows my mind bc I was so against this feud when Dom was still face and there were rumors they wanted to do it at Mania) and even the best angle so far in the Rhea/Charlotte feud was a Charlotte/Dom promo battle lol
cheers. And yeah I def was getting to that point next too, I know Rhea herself is white hot atm I just wasn't sure they even had segments vs each other because...well they havent been really pushed on social media at all so I didnt see em lol.

I still think they will crush it as I said above, I just dunno if right now (and yes I know I said id have no issue with the ladies main eventing, def not a gender issue) the story itself is worthy of a n1 MANIA main event. feels liek the build has been a bit lukewarm

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Bot exactly sure how they do it but I def expect something like this on N2, I'm down for a couple small Bloodline backstage segments each night even for Mania
they could get kicked out/banished n1. make it so it looks like a red herring that bloodline wont help roman. then you do the double turn where the crowd is pissed that Jey still comes out to help Roman...but then refuses to or wtv version of the betrayal you want to run. would be some good emotions i think

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Outside of the Dom/Charlotte bit, I think the best segments for the match have been Charlotte and Rhea's first solo promos on their own shows about it, bringing up the history. But since then it's just been more of an afterthought, no Charlotte on Raw and the Judgment Day stuff on Smackdown is more focused on Rey even if Rhea does show up for some small Charlotte build

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
they could get kicked out/banished n1. make it so it looks like a red herring that bloodline wont help roman. then you do the double turn where the crowd is pissed that Jey still comes out to help Roman...but then refuses to or wtv version of the betrayal you want to run. would be some good emotions i think

I'd mark if they did a similar bit to Wardlow turning on MJF finally lol not with a ring obviously but something like that

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I thought for sure Rey was gonna beat Dom at Mania but now I’m thinking maybe Dom wins?

I’m curious what the future of the Judgment Day is after Mania cause this is the way I see the matches going:

Edge defeats Finn Balor
Rhea Ripley defeats Charlotte
Rey defeats Dom (although I’m torn)

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I thought for sure Rey was gonna beat Dom at Mania but now I’m thinking maybe Dom wins?

I’m curious what the future of the Judgment Day is after Mania cause this is the way I see the matches going:

Edge defeats Finn Balor
Rhea Ripley defeats Charlotte
Rey defeats Dom (although I’m torn)

I think Dom beats Rey at Mania and they set up hair vs mask in Puerto Rico for Backlash where Rey wins and we get the mullet shaved

But even if that's not the case I expect a rematch in Puerto Rico with them splitting wins

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I'd mark if they did a similar bit to Wardlow turning on MJF finally lol not with a ring obviously but something like that
yeah this is the way tbh. Just have Jey come out with a chair, Roman asks for it, Jey smiles and pulls it away as soon as Roman goes to grab it and throws it on the ground or smth. Cross Rhodes. GG

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I think Dom beats Rey at Mania and they set up hair vs mask in Puerto Rico for Backlash where Rey wins and we get the mullet shaved

But even if that's not the case I expect a rematch in Puerto Rico with them splitting wins
They’re Mexican though. The hair vs mask thing is a Mexican thing isn’t it

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Hair matches have always been huge in Puerto Rico that's why I assume Dom's losing bc of the hair thing, plus I don't wanna see Rey unmasked again even for a retirement anyway so I hope thats not the case

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Hair matches have always been huge in Puerto Rico that's why I assume Dom's losing bc of the hair thing, plus I don't wanna see Rey unmasked again even for a retirement anyway so I hope thats not the case
Maybe that’s how he ends his career. Unmasks and says goodbye. Although is he retiring lmao. He seems perfectly healthy tbh.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Yeah I'm really not sure myself, he's 48 and his knees have to be held together by a thread but like, dude still puts on damn good matches lol if he doesn't outright retire at or after Mania, I'm thinking he actually stays active even if they do the Backlash rematch

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Yeah I'm really not sure myself, he's 48 and his knees have to be held together by a thread but like, dude still puts on damn good matches lol if he doesn't outright retire at or after Mania, I'm thinking he actually stays active even if they do the Backlash rematch
Rey in the g1 lfg (please dont take this seriously guys)

Wiseman

O.J.A.S.
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
eddiekingston
Favorite Wrestler
coltcabana
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
I don't see Rey unmasking, even if he is retiring. And honestly I think it would be a deservice for WWE to ask him to. However, I do see Dom winning at Mania. It's his kid, I'm pretty sure Rey would be willing to do the rub.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I don't see Rey unmasking, even if he is retiring. And honestly I think it would be a deservice for WWE to ask him to. However, I do see Dom winning at Mania. It's his kid, I'm pretty sure Rey would be willing to do the rub.

I don't even think WWE would ask, if it happens I'd assume it's how he wanted to go out and he pitched it

Reactions: Canadian Dragon