Let the Past Die: The Skywalker Saga - A Star Wars Mafia Game Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
Could it realistically though? I understand that a hider can sort of function as a (very) weak cop replacement in function but my understanding is that Smark likes his investigative roles? Someone mentioned this earlier and I'm far from assuming that we don't have several more powerful roles as town.
No a hider is basically a cop, it’s just limited to one guilty result.

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
Hmmmm that claim makes things interesting

It’s not out of the realm both are town especially if Odo has a caveat that limits usability. Obviously he would know that too when claiming tho and on play I do find it unlikely both are town lol

Gonna have to think

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
Just as a side note, we literally had day and night cops last game which was much smaller so playing the "not more than one investigative role" card feels a bit excessive.
Yeah but, barry doesn’t understand how to balance a setup lol

Same is true of smark to an extent, but he’s better

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
Well consider that there’s no personal benefit to me even revealing its existence in the first place?
I mean there is if you’re scum lol

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
It’s pretty obvious?

If you’re scum you don’t want to claim full gunsmith and get drawn into a well ok obviously both Odo and barry aren’t town because then even if you get barry lynched first you’re a goner. It’s not the optimal play at all, casting doubt that you could both be town is the absolute optimal play. You’re also a meticulous planner so I don’t st all believe you would weigh surviving today over everything else

Ace

Reaction score
It’s pretty obvious?

If you’re scum you don’t want to claim full gunsmith and get drawn into a well ok obviously both Odo and barry aren’t town because then even if you get barry lynched first you’re a goner. It’s not the optimal play at all, casting doubt that you could both be town is the absolute optimal play. You’re also a meticulous planner so I don’t st all believe you would weigh surviving today over everything else
This is kind of what I was thinking but honestly it feels a bit of a stretch.

It is a weird play when you stand back and try to understand the full context of making such a play, as its pretty difficult to hold onto that extra bit of 'info' as scum and be able to craft something down the line that both helps your case without looking completely fake and convenient.

Odo

Avert thine eyes
Reaction score
It’s pretty obvious?

you can have all the plans in the world, but they’re no good if you’re dead lmao

Barry’s not going to be lynched today, so again, if I’m scum, creating that either/or gives me until day 3 minimum, if we assume I can lynch Barry first?

Ace

Reaction score
Yeah but, barry doesn’t understand how to balance a setup lol

Same is true of smark to an extent, but he’s better
Someone mentioned earlier that Smark has a history of putting lots of investigative roles into games. I could certainly see Smark erring towards stacking a game with lots of roles rather than too few.

I can quite easily see both roles existing i theory but tbph given play etc it seems more likely that one is scum.

Odo doing what according you guys seem to think is a (very soft) cc of Barry would imply that he is more likely to be telling the truth, as if we lynch Barry he is all but doomed anyway.

Ace

Reaction score
you can have all the plans in the world, but they’re no good if you’re dead lmao

Barry’s not going to be lynched today, so again, if I’m scum, creating that either/or gives me until day 3 minimum, if we assume I can lynch Barry first?
Isn't he? Who do you think is in the firing line to the point that Barry is a definite no go?

Ace

Reaction score
Without giving too much away my role flavour is fuckery so I'm not gonna be surprised at all if this game is... eclectic.

Odo

Avert thine eyes
Reaction score
Isn't he? Who do you think is in the firing line to the point that Barry is a definite no go?

Well at the moment, me it seems lmao

Serious answer, I dunno. Doesn’t help half the game isn’t playing. KIF maybe?

Ace

Reaction score
Well at the moment, me it seems lmao

Serious answer, I dunno. Doesn’t help half the game isn’t playing. KIF maybe?
I know you're joking but that makes no sense since your entire argument in that post was to say you'd survive until d3?
ie

Anyway, so you think Barry isn't getting lynched today because we might lynch...KIF? :swaggyp

Surely you agree that this is a ridiculous argument for Barry being safe from being lynched?

Odo

Avert thine eyes
Reaction score
I know you're joking but that makes no sense since your entire argument in that post was to say you'd survive until d3?
ie

Anyway, so you think Barry isn't getting lynched today because we might lynch...KIF? :swaggyp

Surely you agree that this is a ridiculous argument for Barry being safe from being lynched?

‘I know you’re joking but’ - your line of thought should really stop there :kobe

No, I think people will choose to no lynch over lynching Barry, given his claim. I was suggesting KIF as someone who could feasibly still get lynched today that fits the criteria of not being me and not being a no lynch

I don’t know what’s so confusing about any of this to you

Status
Not open for further replies.