Let the Past Die: The Skywalker Saga - A Star Wars Mafia Game Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Odo

Avert thine eyes
Reaction score
Oh, now you’re not certain :heston

CraigPelton

Dean of Greendale Community College / Pals Era Pioneer
Reaction score
I find your certainty that he is scum to be bizarre, I have literally cited a recent game that supports my view
When the heck did I say I was certain in the first place? PHEN0M is pretty tricky to read, I feel like that's a given. Which is why your "I'm certain he's town" based on very little content felt very off.

Odo

Avert thine eyes
Reaction score
Like, you’re accusing me of being both easy going and unreasonably focused on Evans?

CraigPelton

Reaction score
Like, you’re accusing me of being both easy going and unreasonably focused on Evans?
yeah you're going with the flow, a lot of people are all over Evans for saying shit that doesn't make sense. kind of seems below your pay grade so to speak to join in.

Odo

Avert thine eyes
Reaction score
When the heck did I say I was certain in the first place? PHEN0M is pretty tricky to read, I feel like that's a given. Which is why your "I'm certain he's town" based on very little content felt very off.

I don’t find him all that tricky, he’s rational, which means he’s predictable

Odo

Avert thine eyes
Reaction score
yeah you're going with the flow, a lot of people are all over Evans for saying shit that doesn't make sense. kind of seems below your pay grade so to speak to join in.

I think you need to re-read, cause this isn’t really what’s happening at all?

Odo

Avert thine eyes
Reaction score
The way you have acted towards Phenom this game belies a certain level of supposed conviction, to answer your question

Odo

Avert thine eyes
Reaction score

Id like you to cite what youre getting at here tbh

CraigPelton

Reaction score
The way you have acted towards Phenom this game belies a certain level of supposed conviction, to answer your question
Do you find that displaying no conviction is an effective approach to pressuring people?

Evans

I can be your long lost pal
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
oh more "E-V iz stupid but i wont tell him y" posts

:heston

Evans

I can be your long lost pal
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
Please show me posts that don't make sense and I will endeavour to explain myself clearly and concisely why you are wrong.

Odo

Avert thine eyes
Reaction score
Do you find that displaying no conviction is an effective approach to pressuring people?

Are you seriously taking both of the following positions:

a) I wasnt certain around Phenom
b) Of course I was acting with conviction, how else do you persuade?

And then implying its my fault for thinking you were confident in that read?

CraigPelton

Reaction score
@E-V can you remember which game you were scum in pls?
1. Nope

2. Yup

3. They’re mostly ok, however I do have a question for him, but I don’t want to give him chance to prepare an answer so I’m slow playing it for now until he reappears

How do you see EV right now?
Early focus on EV. Jeff has EV as town and you manage to talk him out of it
I like E-V so far. I like that he questioned Tweet once Tweet's points were bad, and he was quick to jump on inconsistencies. I obviously don't love that his vote is still on me, but the way he's going about things, and focusing on certain things (again, like tweet's inconsitent statements) appears to be the town EV I'm used to. What about you?

(editted cuz i had no actual reason to tag him)
I didn’t like his entrance much, and if Tweet flipped scum, I’d have some questions.

Their interaction kinda reads to me like how I’d expect 2 scum players that went rogue and into business for themselves to look :heston

Of course, the actual chance of that is low

Also, claiming characters is universally a bad move in Smark games (I certainly won’t be claiming mine) so I’m inclined to not look on anyone demanding characters favourably. We shouldn’t be talking about characters at all
Like this is a great example of what I mean. The bolded looks like distancing to me, theres no bite and no commitment. He even provides Tweet with a plausible defence, why????

Evans, walk me through your rationale here pls
Well that certainly wasn't the answer I was expecting for you but interesting none the less. These are things I obviously did not take into consideration, perhaps due being at odds with Tweet myself, so EV calling him out would naturally appease me.

You're not wrong actually regarding claiming characters or claiming in general. Asking for more flavour, in the end, is probably not super useful. We all how smark rolls, and there's an extremely high chance that scum are going to have full fakes. Has he even had a game with no full fakes? I don't think I've seen one in my career
Such as in this exchange

You beat me to the punch Jeff, that was the question I had planned lmao
Jeff its been days and you havent commented on my avi View attachment 5836
Well, Jeff is 92 posts in and none have set any alarms off for me so uh yeah, Im gonna assume hes not mafia :heston
Its a good job I think youre town Jeff, Im very sceptical of anyone giving me the thumbs up on Day 1 lol
Then lots of buddying Jeff and saying he's town over and over. Like you admit yourself it's an easy town read to make so why do you keep hammering it? You don't even need to try this hard to get Jeff on your side lol so I don't see the point.
Ok, so wheres the followup to all this? AFAIK your vote is still on Jeff. Also, this doesnt adequately explain why you threw a softball to Tweet re: potential reasons for his answers you dont like?
Yeah, theres a difference between seeing that reasoning and outright giving someone the answers to the test :heston
Hmm, I hate your directional sense, but I kinda like that youre doubling down on it rather than folding at the sign of adversity
Why hate the direction? Is there more of a tell from Tweet that gives you more suspicion as opposed to Jeff backing down over odd traps?
I firmly believe Jeff is town, which Ive been pretty clear about
Quantity of posts, him picking up the same issue as I did with Lethals posts, him being opposed to Tweet whose posts I like less and less

if you have these concerns, why not question him further?
Wait, hang on a sec lol

When specifically did the bold and underlined happen?
Why are you using the reads of other people rather than your own, which in your previous post, you now claim to have?
I mean

Why not 'Thats why Im now reading you scum?' Word choice matters, almost as much as black lives
To be clear here, Im using the phrase 'Using other peoples reads' in terms of a tool with which to shade. Im not accusing you of copying other players
Interested spectator in this Evans / Barry thing tho
Just so much focus on EV and going back and forth on him and asking other people for his read on him. You're stoking this fire. And really, you're an interested spectator in an EV/Barry exchange? It couldn't be less interesting and likely to lead anywhere productive and I feel like that's obvious.
You kids shouldnt play so rough lmao

This is kinda funny cause the facts arent really on EVs side so hes just arguing semantics :heston
But ... thats where your contradictions are

This is like OJ Simpson saying 'Other than nearly decapitating my wife, what crime am I guilty of? HA!'
Im kinda getting the feeling that were just looking in the wrong place right now, were not even arguing about play here
See, this vote is kinda bad too cause ... well, were just not going to lynch Barry day 1 which I imagine was the reason you werent voting him up to this point?
Hope all of these citations of you focusing on low tier shit (not players, :pals) and getting others to do the same is good enough for you!
Are you seriously taking both of the following positions:

a) I wasnt certain around Phenom
b) Of course I was acting with conviction, how else do you persuade?

And then implying its my fault for thinking you were confident in that read?
No? You can make a point with conviction without being certain of the conclusion.

Odo

Avert thine eyes
Reaction score
Receipts time. These are all early posts from Mr Robot Mafia:

Someone catch me up
So it shouldn’t be a hard 18 pages?
Seems like a lot of work. Prefer being told who to vote
I was reading and got bored around page 8, why’d Skybox just claim? I don’t see a wagon since i posted.
Someone claimed tracker? I perused what i missed and didn’t see that
I see it’s night, who’d we lynch? Do i have a scum flip to work off
Well I’m still useless then

Can you see why I might look at his play this game as ya know, genuine? Phenom cant be bothered to argue with high tier players (sorry OMB) as scum cause he knows it wont end well - This is more refined than simply thinking hes lazy as all alignments, that is a worthless conclusion to come to.

Status
Not open for further replies.