Let the Past Die: The Skywalker Saga - A Star Wars Mafia Game Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
Didn’t barry do the immediate claim as town very recently or am I mixing him up with someone

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Flag holding is a brilliant new gameplay observation.

Tweet, Jeff, please either vote each other or move on with the game. You're looking like the vintage Lethal/Sky exchanges, and we are being PALS remember.

No buys on my Ace sentiments :(

id have been happier about them had Odo not brought up he didn't like him either. That being said, I don't believe he's out of our radar, just other things currently going on.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Didn’t barry do the immediate claim as town very recently or am I mixing him up with someone

He did an immediate claim I'm pretty sure but I honestly don't remember his alignment. We've had quite a few of them recently it feels like :kawhi

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf

there's been a few ppl. i thought it was lethal that had done so in a previous game?

Evans

I can be your long lost pal
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
Also Evans if you want my opinion, I think you gradually switching sides on this reeks of holding your flag in the wind and going with the flow of the thread.

How have I switched sides? I've been asking you questions around your posts pretty much all game?
I've unvoted Jeff based on his interactions since last night and don't feel the need to push that way anymore.

I've not voted you nor have I outright said "TWEETS IS SCUM" - I've said you're null going into a scum read with the way you're trying to misdirect posts with questions that make the other player look bad and this post as an example, accusing me of switching sides because I'm giving thoughts about you.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
ah well somewhat ninjad by chris. hi chris!

Evans

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
Hider is investigative as if you use it and survived, it typically means you targeted a townie

So the hider dying if he hides behind scum is normal for the role?

Ace

Reaction score
Big time Lethal play here:

Vote: Ace Dalton

Bit of a stretch to suggest thoughts over fabrications based off a baseless argument. Very vague assumption of Jeff's play and doesn't provide the same confidence in a read of Jeff that he does for Tweet. Gives me a town pass for my claim, um, sure, but it holds little weight. Making observations of KIF's 'filler' posts just seems a forceful way of ISO'ing someone who won't provide much opposition to it. Not sure how he rationalises EV being possible scum by inserting himself into that Jeff/Tweets discussion, as anyone reading it would have tried to steer it away. Doesn't explain why CP 'trying hard' makes him uncomfortable.

Town lean over OMB being overly cautious of his eventual claim?

IMO it just seems posting for posting sake and trying to form connections and ideas that just aren't there
So it's awkward for me to get involved in the only active conversation in the thread at the time with the two most active players at the time? :reigns3

From what I remember, Arrow mafia back on WF.

There's no bite or commitment as at that point in time Jeff was my scum read, Tweet wasn't although I noticed inconsistencies in Tweets posting.

Instead of going down the rabbit hole of tunnelling Jeff with only 7 of us active in the thread, I was questioning Tweets over the holes I saw forming and as per advice I've been given over the last few games, trying to see the town reasoning in actions instead of thinking why it could be scum :draper2

I wasn't a fan of Tweet getting moody with me for asking a question about something that didn't add up for me and instead of just answering the question, like I'd expect an annoyed town member to do, he started asking me questions, implying that I just wanted to lynch Barry which I called out.
I honestly hate this post. No offence Ace :pals:

Shania has been very vocal in the thread about trying to play more and actually pay attention. Whilst the posts may not have amounted to much, I notice that you're quick to pick up on "shit filler" which include a lot from very early D1 when game first started when most if not all active players were fluffing, myself included whilst choosing to not acknowledge the posts from Shania asking questions about the hider etc.

Then saying it's awkward for me to be involved in a back & forth? I left it alone quite a lot and didn't actually get involved over what they were arguing about when it broke down into reading the OP etc. I questioned inconsistencies around Tweets reasoning and kept my vote on Jeff with what I feel is good reasoning.

This is just another tired trope of "E-V IS AWKWARD D1" when my posts throughout the game have been a lil bit fluffy but on focus for the most part.
You guys are completely misinterpreting my point. Or, perhaps more accurately, I explained it shittily :heston:

My point is if that Tweet and Jeff are both town, it would be awkward for a scum EV to inject himself into the discussion.

In other words, if Tweet and Jeff are both town, I LIKE EV as town.

Because it would be unnecessary for him to inject himself to quite that level; much easier to leave the pair to their own devices.

Couple of things:

1) What about Tweets posts feel genuine as opposed to fabricated to you?

2) Thats a lot of reads very early - what do you value in players when you're making them?

3) Your thoughts on Barry?

4) Have you played with KIF (Shania) before?

1. Tweets digging into past games and meta rather than "PERC better you guys suck boohoo."
I'll dig some receipts once the F1 is over.

2. I'm not sure I understand the question. I usually come in and lump my reads into a single post, not sure why this is anything different?
It's mostly me trying to read people's posting styles and combine it with my gut.

3. Kinda null now. Was leaning towards town and at the very least leaving him be given he claimed and is a relatively known quantity either way but someone mentioned since that Smark has a history of scum hiders so back to square zero. The claim was super strange but feels a bit bold of a scum play for Barry (no offense).

4. I think I did on WF once but not sure. Either way I understand KIF may be an unconfident or whatever word you want to use player, but these players can still be read and that was my initial read. I feel town guys in KIF's position would probably just keep quieter rather than post lots of filler.

Reactions: CraigPelton

Evans

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
Still don't love Tweet, but the timing in which EV just pivoted, unvoted, but STILL isn't voting to add pressure. I hates it

So I'm suspicious because I'm not rushing into voting Tweet and I'm currently in the middle of a discussion with him where I am asking him questions?

:heston

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Still don't love Tweet, but the timing in which EV just pivoted, unvoted, but STILL isn't voting to add pressure. I hates it

Tweet called this out first (no vote though) Do you think they could both be scum with that?

Evans

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
And you want me to vote & pressure Tweet but you've now unvoted and voted someone you've been calling town all game?

:pogba

Lethal

Tiffy Time
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
detroitlions
Favorite Sports Team
LMoHyDQ
id have been happier about them had Odo not brought up he didn't like him either. That being said, I don't believe he's out of our radar, just other things currently going on.

:WOW

So the hider dying if he hides behind scum is normal for the role?

Yes. It's why it can be deemed investigative if the hider plays a clever game. For example, CP i think it was said he was going out for curry for dinner. CP died. We worked out he breadcrumbed Curry as his target, and got the lynch. Claiming it so matter of fact like Barry has done is just giving scum an advantage and possible 2-for-1 like what happened with Banez and I in a previous game.

Odo

Avert thine eyes
Reaction score
Keep going lads, I’m eating atm

Evans

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
:WOW

Yes. It's why it can be deemed investigative if the hider plays a clever game. For example, CP i think it was said he was going out for curry for dinner. CP died. We worked out he breadcrumbed Curry as his target, and got the lynch. Claiming it so matter of fact like Barry has done is just giving scum an advantage and possible 2-for-1 like what happened with Banez and I in a previous game.

ty for this. I asked earlier and mentioned the Banez thing, querying whether that was par for the role or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.