Let the Past Die: The Skywalker Saga - A Star Wars Mafia Game Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Odo

Avert thine eyes
Reaction score
Er nah you were town in Green Arrow

Evans

I can be your long lost pal
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
Ok, so wheres the followup to all this? AFAIK your vote is still on Jeff. Also, this doesnt adequately explain why you threw a softball to Tweet re: potential reasons for his answers you dont like?

They were still arguing, I went to bed. My thoughts still are Jeff with the weird traps is a better direction than trying to judge Tweet off his meta. It wasn't my intention to throw a softball (assuming you mean providing him with a defence?) I was just explaining why it could be good, why it could be bad and hoped for others to either agree with me or point out that I'm being silly and XYZ reasons why.

Based on interactions below v - it also got a bit WIFOMy with Tweet explaining he was just getting irritated and it felt pointless pushing him and pissing him off with the same line of questioning when I couldn't find anywhere else to go with it. 48hr day, it felt the best option to go to bed and let more players get into the thread and go from there.

^ I'd like that answered and I'm getting very sceptical of your responses to the questions. First you try to play it all off as a joke and don't answer my question then when Jeff pushes, it becomes an outed hider is bad for town (not disputing that it is a bad thing). There's inconsistencies forming.

Also, I have iterated my stance on Jeff & Barry a couple of times already, so trying to suggest I'm pushing for a Barry lynch is :deandre when I've said I want to see more from Barry.

Also responding to questions with questions with implied statements isn't an ideal look, similar to what you did to Jeff here. It's probably you on the defence but it doesn't scream a townie justifying his points as opposed to trying to misdirect conversation.
Thanks for this.

And nah Tweet, that's hogwash I'm afraid in regards to the 2nd paragraph. I asked you once and you shut it down about it all being a joke and then said it was only a part joke to Jeff and I questioned it again to get clarity.
It may seem unimportant to you but to other players your posts and explanations behind your thought processes is helpful :)

Evans

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
Er nah you were town in Green Arrow

Are you sure? I'm pretty sure that's the game TKOK claimed same player as me?

I can only remember playing The Wire & Arrow back then lol and I was town in The Wire as there was the hilarious fuck up by me re: alignments with Sky

Evans

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
Ok, so wheres the followup to all this? AFAIK your vote is still on Jeff. Also, this doesnt adequately explain why you threw a softball to Tweet re: potential reasons for his answers you dont like?

Might be :deandre as Magic isn't playing - but Magics feedback for my mafia play has been try to see the town side of actions rather than immediately think they're scum.

This is what I'm trying to do lol

Odo

Avert thine eyes
Reaction score
Might be :deandre as Magic isn't playing - but Magics feedback for my mafia play has been try to see the town side of actions rather than immediately think they're scum.

This is what I'm trying to do lol

Yeah, theres a difference between seeing that reasoning and outright giving someone the answers to the test :heston

Evans

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
It's a work in progress :heston

Odo

Avert thine eyes
Reaction score
They were still arguing, I went to bed. My thoughts still are Jeff with the weird traps is a better direction than trying to judge Tweet off his meta. It wasn't my intention to throw a softball (assuming you mean providing him with a defence?) I was just explaining why it could be good, why it could be bad and hoped for others to either agree with me or point out that I'm being silly and XYZ reasons why.

Based on interactions below v - it also got a bit WIFOMy with Tweet explaining he was just getting irritated and it felt pointless pushing him and pissing him off with the same line of questioning when I couldn't find anywhere else to go with it. 48hr day, it felt the best option to go to bed and let more players get into the thread and go from there.

Hmm, I hate your directional sense, but I kinda like that youre doubling down on it rather than folding at the sign of adversity

Evans

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
Hmm, I hate your directional sense, but I kinda like that youre doubling down on it rather than folding at the sign of adversity

Why hate the direction? Is there more of a tell from Tweet that gives you more suspicion as opposed to Jeff backing down over odd traps?

Evans

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
Yeah I'm getting a nice town read from Tweet - whether he's right or wrong, the way he's arguing shows that these are actual thoughts rather than fabrications.

Jeff could go either way, not really willing to drop a read as I think it's too lazy to scumread Jeff off the exchange by virtue of Tweet being a town read. Being all over the shop is hardly unusual for Jeff after all ( :pals: )

Willing to give lethal a town pass for now. Seems comfortable in-thread and I'm okay with the claim too.

Tbph I haven't liked Shania Twain, I'm not going to get into meta arguments or anything but the damsel in distress ploy hasn't felt good at all.

Also a shit ton of filler like:

"More Drake & Josh gifs please "
"I like a good trap... oh wait not that kind of trap."
"I'm tryin' to figure out what has happened in the last 2 hours."
"I really have no idea what that Star Wars reference was about... "
"Am I the only one that notices a five o'clock shadow on Lethal's Sasha Banks avatar?"

Not really sure either way on EV yet. It feels a bit awkward for EV to get involved in the Tweet back-and-forth as much as he has if they're both town, and he's scum. Which is something to keep in mind moving forward.

CP trying hard on d1 against isn't making me comfortable with him at all.

Anyone else hasn't made enough of an impression on me either way yet.

I honestly hate this post. No offence Ace :pals:

Shania has been very vocal in the thread about trying to play more and actually pay attention. Whilst the posts may not have amounted to much, I notice that you're quick to pick up on "shit filler" which include a lot from very early D1 when game first started when most if not all active players were fluffing, myself included whilst choosing to not acknowledge the posts from Shania asking questions about the hider etc.

Then saying it's awkward for me to be involved in a back & forth? I left it alone quite a lot and didn't actually get involved over what they were arguing about when it broke down into reading the OP etc. I questioned inconsistencies around Tweets reasoning and kept my vote on Jeff with what I feel is good reasoning.

This is just another tired trope of "E-V IS AWKWARD D1" when my posts throughout the game have been a lil bit fluffy but on focus for the most part.

Evans

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
nvm the fact at one point Me, Jeff & Tweet were the only active players at like 3am this morning

:heston

Odo

Avert thine eyes
Reaction score
Why hate the direction? Is there more of a tell from Tweet that gives you more suspicion as opposed to Jeff backing down over odd traps?

I firmly believe Jeff is town, which Ive been pretty clear about

Evans

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
I firmly believe Jeff is town, which Ive been pretty clear about

What specifically has given you firm town feelings? I've seen your post about 92 posts and none setting off alarm bells, but anything specifically you've looked at and gone "yup, that's town to me"?

A good number of Jeffs posts were arguments over whether Tweet read the OP or not amongst other odd things. Whilst a highly active Jeff is usually indicative of town Jeff, his posts usually carry more substance than an unnecessary amount of bickering with Tweet and not much direction against his actual vote target (although Barry disappeared immediately after his claim, so it's hard to say what else he could have done lol)

Odo

Avert thine eyes
Reaction score
What specifically has given you firm town feelings? I've seen your post about 92 posts and none setting off alarm bells, but anything specifically you've looked at and gone "yup, that's town to me"?

A good number of Jeffs posts were arguments over whether Tweet read the OP or not amongst other odd things. Whilst a highly active Jeff is usually indicative of town Jeff, his posts usually carry more substance than an unnecessary amount of bickering with Tweet and not much direction against his actual vote target (although Barry disappeared immediately after his claim, so it's hard to say what else he could have done lol)

Quantity of posts, him picking up the same issue as I did with Lethals posts, him being opposed to Tweet whose posts I like less and less

if you have these concerns, why not question him further?

Tweet

Goes kweh a lot
Reaction score
In what way?
You chime in from the sidelines on things that are going on in thread and take the side of what I perceive to be your teammate without giving any reasons for it. Also your saying that I'm shading Odo and Poyser when they hadn't even entered the thread is a gross misrepresentation of what I was actually doing and it's clear as day that it's supposed to make me look bad.
@Tweet just out of interest, how should we proceed with Barry, in your book?
Wait for him to return and judge him on play, if you say Smark likes scum Hiders we shouldn't be giving him a pass on his claim alone. Him instantly disappearing after claiming for no reason and not returning since is a bad look for sure.
Seems very GOOD GUY. What was your rationale here?
I thought there was a legitimate chance that KIF might claim for no reason if somebody gave him the impression that it's a good idea, so I explicitly told him not to.

Status
Not open for further replies.