Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
WWF Survivor Series '92 - WWF Championship: Bret Hart (c) vs Shawn Michaels

Ah, the first PPV match between these two, and it's definitely a classic. It's overshadowed by the matches they'd have later, but this is still a phenomenal match, they would just get better as the years went by. Excellent work by both men for the better part of 25+ minutes. If you haven't seen this match before, you definitely should. It almost beats Kamala/'Taker for MOTN.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
ECW Barely Legal The Dudley Boyz (c) vs. The Eliminators for the Tag Titles..... Eliminators were so crazy good, not sure why they never got picked up as a team for WWE or WCW... had to watch the match twice as I spent a good part of the first time looking for myself in the crowd

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
No Mercy '99 (the UK Event) - WWF Heavyweight Title: Steve Austin vs. The Undertaker (w/Paul Bearer) vs. Triple H (w/Chyna)

Typical Austin '99 brawl, don't get me wrong i enjoyed it but it's nothing but the same stuff we've seen over a millions times. All the run-ins ruined it even more. **1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF RAW 08/10/2001 - WWF Heavyweight Title: Kurt Angle vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin

This is the rematch from Unforgiven, where in Angle’s home of Pittsburgh he won the WWF Title from Austin with the ankle lock but Austin's hand was under the bottom rope. Angle was having a good tun here but AUSTIN during 2001 was GOD, everything he touched and participated in was GOLD. This is the 3rd time I've seen this match and i always forget how GREAT it is. It's not SummerSlam 2001 good but still really fantastic for TV. These two had crazy good chemistry, and while you could see the screwing ending coming a mile away it didn't take away from the match too much. ***3/4

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Kanyon & DDP vs Kane & Taker - Summerslam 2001 (?) / Cage match to unify WCW & WWF tag titles

Kanyon was a fucking STUD. He had the US Title too at the time IIRC. This was nothing to shout about though, glorified squash match once Kanyon left the cage. Typical how most the feuds went during the Invasion really, one sided in favour of the WWF guys. Shame, because Kanyon/DDP were great as a team and had potential.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Main Event 10/17/2012 - WWE Intercontinental Championship The Miz vs. Kofi Kingston

Outstanding match between these two, it was an extended match that we've seen from these two so many times but it didn't feel like that at all. I still can't figure out why Kofi won the title part of me is thinking they want him to be the face of the Mid-Card but another part is saying this must be a rib for him and creative still has nothing for him, but because he's suck a fan favorite we have to give him the belt. Another thing i loved it this got 20+ minutes and used that time to tell a great story in the ring, playing off prior spots from the match on Raw. I'm hoping we get more matches like this on Main Events. ***3/4 Oh and the fact this was so enjoyable even tho WWE ruined the result on Twitter was impressive.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Eddie Edwards vs. Kyle O'Reilly - PWG Battle of Los Angeles 2012
Really good match here. Only gripe I have with it is how the nice, technical aspect of the match just suddenly went after a few minutes and turned into a bit of a slug-fest. As much as I like Eddie Edwards, I'd like to see him in a match where he doesn't just decide to have a forearm contest with his opponent. Still though, the match served up some entertaining action and the good chemistry between these two was once again evident here. Definitely up with their match from Glory By Honor X last year. ***1/2

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Sabu vs Shane Douglas vs Terry Funk - ECW The Night The Line Was Crossed

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Kevin Steen vs. Ricochet - PWG Battle of Los Angeles 2012
This was the match I was most looking forward to when I bought this DVD and it didn't really disappoint. Good contrast in styles with Ricochet using his athletic move set and Steen trying to ground him with his powerhouse offence. The match started off well with Ricochet annoying Steen with his showing off and then really became enjoyable when the pace picked up. Richochet really is an amazing high flyer and worked extremely well with Steen here. It's also exciting to know that both men are capable of more, as the interference kind of ended things abruptly. Very solid match overall. ***1/2

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Sami Callihan vs. Willie Mack - PWG Battle of Los Angeles 2012
Both men showed good intensity, but overall it just didn't do it for me. The match had some choice moments, but after a while it just became a thing where they just took turns delivering impact moves. Matches like that can work quite well e.g. Steen vs. Elgin at GBH XI, yet this one just seemed too rushed for it to fully work. ***

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Adam Cole vs. El Generico - PWG Battle of Los Angeles 2012
Heel Adam Cole is great to watch. He wasn't in full heel mode in this bout but he did enough to make this match very entertaining to watch. Him and Generico put on a really solid match that had a good pace whereby nothing was rushed or overdone. Like Steen/Ricochet, this was just two men whop work very well together, and it showed here. The closing minutes were particularly fun to watch, and the ending which made both men look fairly strong. ***1/2

Also, I want Kevin Steen to commentate during every Generico match from now on.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Monday Night RAW 10/22/2012 - number one contender’s tournament finals: Rey Mysterio & Sin Cara vs. Team Rhodes Scholars

The match was a good way to open up the action for tonight's show, I figured would happen since the Scholars have been gunning for the tag title since they became a team. The usually smarky NJ crowd was surprisingly into the Mysterio/Cara team despite usually hating Mysterio in particular. **1/2 Team Rhodes Scholars’ celebration is cut short by Team Hell No on the Tron. Kane congratulates Rhodes and Bryan does the same for Sandow. They’re answer to the Scholars winning the tag titles is “hell no” in unison. Kane has some magic for us where he makes Bryan “disappear” by grabbing his beard and shoving him behind him, completely shielding him from the camera because he’s bigger and all. He concludes lighting the ringposts ablaze scaring Sandow. :lmao

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Monday Night RAW 10/22/2012 - Kofi Kingston vs. Michael McGillicutty

The Miz is on commentary; McGillicutty gets another shot at Kofi. He attacks in the corner and hits a beautiful dropkick. McGillicutty hits a nice snap-backdrop suplex for a one count. He stamps away as Jim Ross goes through Michael’s family tree; he keeps on Kofi with a knee to the gut and a backbreaker. Miz complains about having a “match” with Ryback tonight. I say “match” because it won’t be one, it’ll be a slaughter. McGillicutty snags a chinlock and pounds more in the corner. He charges but Kofi avoids and nails Trouble in Paradise, out of nowhere, for three. * Well that was quick; McGillicutty dominated the entire match and Kofi hit one move and pinned him.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Monday Night RAW 10/22/2012 - Ryback vs. The Miz

Total squash. Miz had no shot and everyone knew that, shit i don't think Miz did a single move. DUD!

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Monday Night RAW 10/22/2012 - Daniel Bryan vs. Dolph Ziggler

Dolph is going it solo tonight which is great. This is a heel/heel but because Jersey respects talent when they see it, it doesn't feel like it at all. ood match between these two. This match was as good as I expected it to be considering the time it was given and that WWE had a PPV this sunday. *** Good Stuff here.