Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Cyber Sunday 2008 - ECW Heavyweight Title: Matt Hardy vs. Evan Bourne

Bourne wins handily with 69%, Mark Henry 6% & Finlay had 25%. This was great was a high-paced back-and-forth match that had me believing Bourne had a chance even though I knew the results already. It's just a shame he Bourne fuck himself over cause he really put up a good showing here and showed he's more then a ROH spotmonkey. ***1/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Cyber Sunday 2008 - Miz & Morrison vs. Cryme Tyme

Miz and Morrison are great here and this was part of their awesome Tag run. I was also pleasantly surprised that this match got as much time as it did and I thought both teams looked really well. Not an amazing match. ** oh the other choices for matches were CM Punk & Kofi Kingston vs. Simply Priceless or Jamie Noble & Mickie James vs. William Regal & Layla C'MON now who didn't want to see Noble/Regal.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Cyber Sunday 2008 - Intercontinental Title: Santino Marella (w/Beth Phoenix) vs. Honky Tonk Man

The other choices were "Rowdy" Roddy Piper who got 34%, Goldust with 31% but The Honky Tonk Man won with 35%. Santino and Honky have a dance-off, and Santino cheap shots him. Well, he wasn't going to win the dance contest. Honky dominates early, raking Santino's eyes on the ropes. Beth trips him up in full view of the ref, so Marella gets disqualified. DUD!

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Cyber Sunday 2008 - Last Man Standing: The Big Show vs. The Undertaker

Both men brought their 'A' game and the result was a good old fashioned, violent, monster vs monster brawl that more than passed my expectations after that AWESOME match they had at NO Mercy the month before. Undertaker's refusal to get up without making Charles Robinson look like an idiot for stretching out his count hurt the credibility of the match. ****

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Cyber Sunday 2008 - WWE Heavyweight Title: Triple H vs. Jeff Hardy

Well, I'm not surprised this match was really good, as we've seen these two can do in the past. but I'm surprised by the WWE's honoring of the request implicit in the the match that received the most votes: We want a one-on-one match, with no Kozlov. Thus, despite the numerous DQ finishes in PPV title matches past, and despite the nature of Smackdown's three way feud that absolutely left the door open for it, we saw no Kozlov interference. This wasn't quite as good as their No Mercy match from last month but still a really good one. ***1/2 - ***3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Cyber Sunday 2008 - World Heavyweight Title: Chris Jericho vs. Batista

Steve Austin is voted the special referee with 75% of the votes and HBK and Orton got hardly any :lmao These two aren't blessed with a great amount of chemistry. This got a little crazy with the run-ins, beginning with an Austin bump, that led to Shawn becoming the ref, until Randy took him out and took over, which in turn led to a "Stone Cold" Stunner and a new champion, but it did have a really fun finishing stretch. **1/2 - **3/4

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Tyler Black & Jimmy Jacobs vs. Kevin Steen & El Generico
Really exciting tag team match. The match could have ended when Steenerico hit their top rope splash combo, and probably should have ended when Black was in the Sharpshooter, but despite the false finishes it was still a great watch from start to finish. ****

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
PAC & Masato Yoshino vs YAMATO & Akira Tozawa - Open the United Gate Tag Titles - DGUSA Fearless 2011

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ECW Hostile City Showdown 1995 - ECW TV Title: Eddie Guerrero vs. Dean Malenko

25 minutes of pure wrestling AWESOMENESS! One of the greatest matches in ECW history and a definite MOTYC in 1995. The two quite possible have the 3rd best chemistry of all time 2nd to Flair/Steamboat and 1st being Misawa/Kawada. The moves are all crisp and hit to perfection and the counters had me on the edge of my seat. ****1/2

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Sabu vs Cactus Jack - ECW Hostile City Showdown 1994

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Hell in A Cell 2011- WWE Championship Match John Cena(c) vs CM Punk vs Alberto Del Rio

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Masaaki Mochizuki vs Arik Cannon - DGUSA Uprising

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Raw 07/08/2000 - No Disqualifcation Match: WWF World Heavyweight Title: The Rock © vs. Chris Benoit (w/Shane McMahon)

Shane and Benoit are out first but Rock comes in through the crowd and surprises Benoit to start us off. Rock whips Benoit into a corner and clotheslines him down then works him over before hitting a Dragon legwhip. Rock goes right into the Sharpshooter but Shane comes in and clotheslines Rock from behind to bail out Benoit. Shane whips Rock and hits a jumping elbow then heads out. Benoit works Rock over in a corner with chops then goes for a whip, Rock reverses him into the opposite corner then charges at him but eats an elbow. Benoit comes out when Rock powerslams him for a two count but Benoit comes back and hits a back suplex. Benoit stomps Rock out to the floor then goes after him and for a whip but Rock revereses him into the steps. Shane clotheslines Rock and Benoit throws him into the ringpost then both men make their way back in the ring. Benoit stomps Rock in the head and hits a snap suplex for a two count then hits a backbreaker for another two. Benoit then drapes Rock on the middle rope and allows Shane to choke him. Rock starts fighting back when Benoit dodges the Smackdown and goes for a backslide but Rock slips out of it and slaps Benoit in the Crossface. Benoit manages to escape from it and hits a German suplex then holds on and hits the second German suplex. Benoit goes for the third but Rock fights out of it then hits his own German suplex and both men are down. Both men are up and Benoit goes for a whip but Rock reverses and plants Benoit with a belly-to-belly suplex. Rock covers Benoit and we hear the referee counting a two before we see Shane has pulled him out of the ring. So Rock goes out and chases Shane in the ring but Benoit cuts him off with an elbow then slams him to the mat. Benoit climbs to the top rope and connects with the diving headbutt but hurts himself and only gets a two count. Benoit argues the count before stomping Rock out to the floor then goes out and hits him with some chops. Benoit goes for a whip but Rock reverses it and sends him right into Shane who goes flying over the barricade. Rock tosses Benoit back in the ring and plants him with the Spinebuster then follows up with the People’s Elbow. Rock covers Benoit but Shane barely makes it in for the save. Shane grabs a chair but Rock stops him from using it and knocks him over the ropes with the Smadckdown. However Benoit comes up and puts Rock in the Crossface. Shane then comes back in the ring and starts laying the boots to Rock as Rock tries desperately not to submit. However some Pyro goes off and Chris Jericho runs down the ramp looking for payback for getting taken out. Jericho pounds away at Benoit and powerbombs him on the chair then holds on for a second powerbomb on the chair. Shane tries to interject but Jericho chases him out of the ring and over the barricade into the crowd. In the ring both men get to their feet but Rock plants Benoit with a Rock Bottom and gets the pin to retain. ***3/4 If it didn't have the overbooked finish and 2 more minutes the would be 4 stars for sure.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Antonio Cesaro vs Tyson Kidd - WWE United States Title - WWE NXT 31/10/2012

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
ROH The Nightmare Begins: Michael Elgin v.s Jay Lethal.

This was a decent match but I think they were capable of much more. Too much interference including stand off between Truth Martini and Paul Turner. It wasn't needed at all. It just hampered the match when you had Elgin and Lethal having pretty good exchanges. Of course there were some dead moments where they looked a bit lost but I can't blame them with the booking around it. They couldn't get enough in to take it to the next level. I don't know why these two couldn't just put on a clinic for the good while they spent in the ring. Still has some enjoyable moments and you can see glimpses of a better match.

**1/4