Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Summerslam 1998 - European title: D'Lo Brown vs. Val Venis

Before the match Val says "I came, I saw, I came again." :lmao D-Lo’s Euro Title reign was pretty much the one time the belt was treated as important and coveted. D-Lo added a funny touch to the situation by claiming he now represented all of Europe, and each match he would have the ring announcer claim he was from a different city. As for the match it was a fairly good opener to the PPV, but it felt more like a RAW match then a PPV match which was crazy because they were given 15 minutes but they failed to take it to that next level plus a DQ for the opening match was a bad idea. **1/2

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Wrestlemania 24- Ric Flair versus Shawn Michaels

The story telling of this match was brilliant, with Michaels showing hesitation to put Flair away at times. I still cringe at the spot where Michaels missed the Asia moonsault and crashed into the announce table. Seemed like broken ribs for sure. Back and forth action between the two and Flair even got to connect on his top rope spot. The match is famous for the "I'm sorry, I love you" line at the end, but from start to finish it was a good match.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Summerslam 1998 - Haircut match: X-Pac vs. Jeff Jarrett

Howard Finkel, who was shaved by Jarrett during Heat, comes out in a D-X shirt with X-Pac and does the crotch chops with him. CLASSIC! This was a fun match and made me long for the day when the WWF gave a shit about their midcard, because this was a satisfying feud and a satisfying angle. The heat is insane, as Jarrett was finally drawing some sort of reaction, and X-Pac is slowly reaching the pinnacle of his popularity. Jarrett’s haircut would finally give him a legit look and finally gave him that look to be WCW's top draw and TNA founder 8D But in all seriousness. Once he dumps Southern Justice and hires a new valet, he really starts cooking with some serous heat. The crowd is nuts for the ending, especially when DX, the Headbangers and Finkel come out to shave Jarrett bald. This is the time that the DX mentality was riding high, and the shirts and merchandise were all over. ***1/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Summerslam 1998 - Mixed Tag-Team Match: Marc Mero & Jacqueline vs. Sable & Edge

Edge was Sable’s mystery partner in this match. He didn’t really have any purpose in this match besides the WWF hoping to use Sable's Popularity to help get him over. The crowd was into it because Sable was hot at the time, but the match really suffered whenever she, you know, did anything. Edge and Mero had some good stuff though. **

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF SummerSlam 1998 - Ladder Match for WWF Intercontinental Title: The Rock w/Mark Henry vs. Triple H w/Chyna

This was a terrific match that had some cool spots but told a good story as well. It was this match that really showed that both of these guys were going to be top guys in the very near future. My only problem with it was HHH not consistently selling his leg injury towards the end. ****1/4- ****1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Smackdown 08/03/2000 - X-Pac (w/Road Dogg) vs. Scotty 2 Hotty (w/Grandmaster Sexay)

Pac and Dogg are still doing this friendly rivalry stuff that no one cares for. Road Dogg joins the announcers for commentary and Cole tries to get his opinions on Triple H’s current issues. Both men lockup to start and Scotty gets a headlock, X-Pac shoves him away but Scotty hits a shoulderblock. Scotty comes off the ropes and X-Pac leapfrogs over him and hits a hiptoss but Scotty kicks him away in return. Both men kip up but Scotty takes a moment to moonwalk acorss the ropes then decks X-Pac with a right hand. Scotty applies an armwringer then goes into a headlock and X-Pac shoves him away but Scotty rolls over him and hits a superkick. X-Pac rolls out to the floor when Scotty goes for a baseball slide but misses it and X-Pac clotheslines Scotty on the floor. X-Pac gets in his shots before rolling him back in the ring and suplexing him for two. X-Pac applies a chinlock and Scotty reverses it into a headlock but X-Pac counters with a suplex for a near fall. X-Pac rams Scotty into the top turnbuckle but it starts having no effect as Scotty is Hulking Up or something. Scotty then fights back and goes for a whip, X-Pac reverses it but Scotty comes back with a flying forearm. Scotty whips X-Pac into a corner and charges but X-Pac sidesteps and Scotty runs his shoulder into the post. X-Pac chokes Scotty down and goes for the Bronco Buster but misses Scotty and straddles the turnbuckles. Scotty hits the Bulldog then connects with the Worm and covers X-Pac but X-Pac gets his foot on the rope. Scotty learns he didn’t win the match so he works X-Pac over with the count-along punches in a corner but X-Pac interupts that with a shot below the belt then hits the X-Factor for the pin. ** Fun for 5 minutes.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Kevin Steen vs. Jigsaw - Age of Insanity
Good, face paced match-up. Best thing about this bout was that they didn't over do it. Steen had been working on the back of Jigsaw for most of the match by delivering some powerhouse moves, so having a Swanton Bomb executed on his back was enough for the win. Kind of refreshing to see an ROH match end without any unnecessary two count moments before it. ***

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Ring of Honor Wrestling (10/20/12) - Homicide vs Roderick Strong

Nothing really special here, Strong looked good, but Homicide just hasn't been the same since he returned to ROH. Crowd was completely dead here, the ROH TV crowds usually suck, but never this bad. Not a bad match by any means here, just thought it should have been better, was almost as if both were just going through the motions. I still don't get the whole "kick out of a finisher just for the guy to hit a different finisher and win 3 seconds later" philosophy.

Ring of Honor Wrestling (10/20/12) - Kyle O'Reilly vs Mike Mondo

This was a real fun match, been really liking both these guys this year. Nice back and forth action the whole way through with O'Reilly looking really good on offense, and Mondo selling for him nicely. After watching this, it really sucks that Mondo's going to be out for awhile because he looked so good. Ending was super weird though, the submission Mondo finished with didn't look very good and O'Reilly barely looked to have tapped out, but Turner called for the bell.

Ring of Honor Wrestling (10/20/12) - Michael Elgin vs Rhino

The story of this match is that both of these guys are managed by Truth Martini, and Truth isn't happy about them having to face each other. Truth tries to get each man to step down and let the other win before the match starts, but each say no. Match was a good, 7 or so minute match, nothing to go out of your way to watch or anything, but I liked it. Not quite as good as the Mondo/O'Reilly match, but better than Strong/Homicide. Ending was bleh, but made sense with the current HoT angle, and Elgin's freaky weirdo strength was cool.

Last edited:

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Royal Rumble 2011 - World Heavyweight Championship: Dolph Ziggler vs. Edge

If Edge uses the Spear, he automatically loses the belt. This was an awesome match. Edge and Ziggler pulled every trick out of their bag trying to put the other one away, Edge was bumping all over the place like it was 1999 and Ziggler bumps like he does every night. This was the match that really made me take notice of how Awesome Dolph is, he looked like a million bucks even in the loss. Hell i didn't even mind the Kelly run-in because it made sense given the build-up on Smackdown with her being fired. ****

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
WWE NXT (10/24/12) - Brodus Clay vs Camacho

Kinda' disappointed Camacho didn't ride his bike. Regal says the reason Hunico isn't here is because "he got in a little trouble doing some extracurricular activity, and he won't be with us for awhile." :hm: This was your typical Brodus squashthat we used to get weekly with Camacho getting a few moves in that he normally wouldn't have, nothing to say here really other than the crowd liked it.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
WWE NXT (10/24/12) - Kassius Ohno vs Trent Barreta

Really fun match, that had both guys looking great. Both of these two are real over with the NXT crowd as well. This new announcer who's name I didn't catch saying :misawa: was a big influence in Ohno's career :mark: Ohno is easily my favorite guy on NXT, especially when he starts going crazy with the strikes. Richie Steamboat comes out, throws a towel at Ohno and lets Barreta get the win :lmao what a shit ending to a good match.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Royal Rumble 2011 - WWE Championship: Randy Orton vs. The Miz

Miz cashed in on Orton to win the belt back in November. Orton beat Sheamus in a cage match to be number 1 contender and here we are. First half of the match was all Orton and made Miz look weak not even the coward heel but more of that burring Orton stuff. The 2nd half was more competitive and had some nice counters, with good nearfalls the match got enjoyable. Should of been alot better with the 20 minutes they got. Oh and the all the interference's to end the match was terrible booking. I would rather Miz held the tights or ropes instead of The Punk/Nexus and even Riley run-in's even if it did help start the Punk/Orton feud. ***1/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Royal Rumble 2011 - Royal Rumble Match

This was a fantastic Rumble match, and was alot better then i remembered it being, and the thing i liked the most was they added little side stories, helped develop feuds and even the surprise entrances were awesome. The Diesel and Booker T cameos were awesome moments, and we got great performances in the match from a wide variety of great workers like Daniel Bryan, John Morrison, CM Punk, and William Regal. The Santino ending was unnecessary but AWESOME because no one saw it coming. The only real part that piss me off was the Cena burying the NEXUS, Hornswoggle/Cean shit oh and the entrances were to quick i think it was like every 40 seconds.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Arn Anderson & Terry Funk vs 'Beautiful' Bobby Eaton & Sabu - ECW When Worlds Collide 1995

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Cyber Sunday 2008 - Rey Mysterio vs. Kane

No Holds Barred was the winning stipulation, A fun opener, but unfortunately it felt more like a Raw/SD match more then a PPV match, there was just not enough violence to justify the No Holds Barred gimmick. Another thing it lacked that drama these two usually have and especially to end this feud as well. **1/2